It is currently Mon Dec 11 2017 7:42 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 9:22 am 

Workington AFC (H)
Match scheduled for Saturday 14 October - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website:
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/workingtonafc

For the benefit of first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

Local weather forecast websites here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Details of previous games with these opponents here:
http://hednesfordtown.com/statistics/op ... php?opp=49

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 4:48 pm 

Looking forward to Saturday's match.
I seem to remember that we suffered a narrow defeat by one goal back in September so every reason to expect a turn around especially has we have just won three of our last four.
Of course we don't want our manager coming up with any more formations drawn up on the back of a fag packet like he did at Halesowen on Tuesday night.
After all we're not an Arsenal or Tottenham so let's keep it simple with a flat back four and three or four in midfield.
We're definitely short of players up front particularly a tall powerful centre forward,but hey ho we do have forwards with ability and I'll go for a two one victory with goals from Glover and Graham,attendance four hundred and forty two.

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 5:04 pm 

jackiemaund wrote:
...as we have just won three of our last four.

Of course we don't want our manager coming up with any more formations drawn up on the back of a fag packet like he did at Halesowen on Tuesday night.
After all we're not an Arsenal or Tottenham so let's keep it simple with a flat back four and three or four in midfield.

I'll repeat the point I made on the Yeltz reviews thread Jackie, the back 3/5 had worked in those games which we won. It wasn't the formation which was the problem on Tuesday night, it was the absence of Oji and using Fitzpatrick in his place to which he wasn't accustomed

You've been a Rob-and-Larry advocate until now, so please stop abusing them on here

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 5:07 pm 

Workington have won 4 of their last 5 league games, we can't both win this one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 6:59 pm 

Glyn wrote:
jackiemaund wrote:

I'll repeat the point I made on the Yeltz reviews thread Jackie, the back 3/5 had worked in those games which we won. It wasn't the formation which was the problem on Tuesday night, it was the absence of Oji and using Fitzpatrick in his place to which he wasn't accustomed

You've been a Rob-and-Larry advocate until now, so please stop abusing them on here

But surely in the absence of Oji we shouldn't have started with that formation if we haven't got the players to play it. We looked a lot better in the second half when we abandoned it and went with a flat back four.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 7:13 pm 

Glyn wrote:
jackiemaund wrote:

Heaven forbid, someone should have an opinion you disagree with!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12 2017 8:52 pm 

You're quite right I was and still am a supporter of Rob and Larry but just has it can happen to any player they had a mare that night and completely got it wrong.
You yourself said that Fitzpatrick was asked to play in a position to which he wasn't accustomed.
Why because we were playing a formation which didn't suit the players! tho you said it was the right formation.
That should never have happened and indeed he was played in his best position second half and there was a marked improvement all round.
I do not class my remarks about them abusive we must be allowed on here to state the facts has we see it.
Surely thats the objective of any forum.
We all have our opinions however different ,that's life so accept it and move on.

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 6:21 am 

jackiemaund wrote:

That's abusive and insulting. Come on people, we can do better than that

We're all entitled to our opinions (and as it happens we're all agreed in this instance) but there are ways of expressing them

The forum rules are there for all to see; if you don't want to comply with them then don't post on here

It's intriguing how those who squeal most about the way this forum is run and the tone we try to adopt are those who choose to hide behind pseudonyms

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 6:40 am 

Glyn wrote:

It's intriguing how those who squeal most about the way this forum is run are those who choose to hide behind pseudonyms

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 9:39 am 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/10/match-preview-workington-h

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 9:47 am 

PitmanKeith wrote:
Glyn wrote:

It's intriguing how those who squeal most about the way this forum is run are those who choose to hide behind pseudonyms

:clap:

It would appear that Jackie uses his full name and I used to have my full name of Robert Thumb as my signature but wanted to temporarily show my appreciation for chips and gravy. Jackie hasn't been abusive, far less so than some of the other postings on here and to accuse him of that seems a bit desperate. For what it's worth I don't think the Halesowen defeat is a big issue, performances are improving and I think we are only 3 wins away from staying up this season. I think next season in the midland league will give us more chance of promotion especially with hopefully a settled management set up and a full summer to recruit the players they really want.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 12:05 pm 

Just to add my final comments on the "debate" before this thread, hopefully, focuses on what it's here for....

a) the forum rules include (in as many words) "don't say on here what you wouldn't say to someone's face" - so I'm wondering whether, when we next have a "Meet the Manager" evening anyone will doubt the management's professional integrity and acumen to their faces

b) we all know that management and players look at the forum. I've no problem at all with saying that a player hasn't done well when he hasn't, or that the management got their tactics/selection wrong, if they did. Doing so might inspire them to raise their game next time out - one player vowed to do so after being criticised earlier in the season.... [he's no longer with us] - or it might demoralise them altogether, but if so that doesn't show much strength of character on their part

In this instance, from the horse's mouth (and I won't quote all of his comments which do shed further light on why he went with both the selection and the formation on Tuesday night, and what went wrong) - "It might have looked like I picked a team on the back of a fag packet in the first half, but rest assured I didn’t."

:twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 12:18 pm 

Don't hold your breath for a meet the manager evening or a post match interview. I'm sure a plan is in place for tomorrow's match though, no need for fag packets.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 1:46 pm 

I have heard that there will be two new names on the teamsheet tomorrow - Benson and Hedges. :-D . (Joke borrowed from Mike Bassett England Manager).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 5:16 pm 

You're obviously expecting them to set the game alight!

Full credit to Rob for accepting that he might has well have used a fag packet.

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 7:30 pm 

If I was a manager my plan would be to tell the players to put the ball past their keeper more times than they do to ours.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 10:29 pm 

thethumb wrote:

It would appear that Jackie uses his full name .

Jackie Maund was a football player, played for us and Villa. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13 2017 10:40 pm 

We are due a draw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 7:27 am 

Lee K wrote:
If I was a manager my plan would be to tell the players to put the ball past their keeper more times than they do to ours.

Genius. Who needs a Pro Licence...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 7:28 am 

Perton Pitman wrote:
We are due a draw

Well, bearing in mind that I predicted Tyler Weir's goal last Saturday, I'll go out on a limb and say that Bails is due a goal....

:shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 7:30 am 

Jay wrote:
thethumb wrote:

The current moderator and we retired ones aren't as daft as we look

:-D

(And we also know which forum users have had at least two aliases during its currency! ;) :twisted: :mrgreen: )

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 7:34 am 

Jay wrote:
thethumb wrote:

Yes ... but he passed away in 1994! :think:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 8:14 am 

Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:

Genius. Who needs a Pro Licence...

We do that in many games but the trick is putting it in the net not getting it past the keeper for a goal kick or corner :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 9:41 am 

it's time for a proper striker if we are to progress

Joe Butlin hasn't got a goal in him - reminds me of Nadat but with a bit more skill
Glover will give you a goal now and again
Graham looks the best option but is on loan and needs to start games
Laurie - very rare
Steele - don't think he is capable of scoring
Mbunga - he looked pretty good in the games prior to Halesowen and then did nothing in that game
Thorley will chip in now and again
Collins needs to make a swift return to where he came from

so Glover is due a goal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 2:01 pm 

Good luck this afternoon lads and hope you get the 3 points.

Hate missing home games, but we will be glued to the forum from poolside in Cape Verde cheering you on :clap2: :clap2:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 5:01 pm 

PITMEN 1 - 1 WORKINGTON AFC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 5:37 pm 

a point is a point but we were garbage today,clueless,the two players that were subbed should never wear an Hednesford shirt again, if we lose in the trophy Smithy should be sacked
I'm glad we don't have to play that northern scum next year

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 5:41 pm 

steve-k wrote:
Good luck this afternoon lads and hope you get the 3 points.

Hate missing home games, but we will be glued to the forum from poolside in Cape Verde cheering you on :clap2: :clap2:

You missed nothing

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 5:54 pm 

sheriff wrote:
a point is a point but we were garbage today,clueless,the two players that were subbed should never wear an Hednesford shirt again, if we lose in the trophy Smithy should be sacked
I'm glad we don't have to play that northern scum next year

That's really harsh sheriff!

Whilst the quality was not there the lads never stopped battling all game and deserved the point at the end. A lot of things went against us today, two similar penalty appeals in the game, one given to them and one booking for diving for ours. Workington were physical and dirty and they clearly know how to win matches without playing well. The referee was one of the worst I've seen for a long time and that's saying something!
I know the players we have are limited in their quality so I don't expect to see us play like Barcelona every week but the work ethic was brilliant and it was only that that was going to get us anything today and we did. As long as the players battle like that every week and not the pathetic effort put in at Mickleover then I'll stay happy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14 2017 6:01 pm 

Agreed Lee K-almost 1-0 to the referee but battling to the end gained a deserved point