It is currently Mon Jun 18 2018 11:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13 2018 12:16 pm 

Marine (H)
Match scheduled for Saturday 17 March - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/marine

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15 2018 7:55 pm 

The weather is turning bad again...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16 2018 1:54 pm 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/03/match-preview-marine-afc-h-2

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16 2018 2:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 9:28 am 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 1:45 pm 

Great start for Marine!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 1:54 pm 

Have a word with the forum moderator about duplicating posts... (and on the wrong thread, at that...)
;) :-D :evil:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 1:55 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 1:56 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Have a word with the forum moderator about duplicating posts... (and on the wrong thread, at that...)

(yellowcard) Until the match kicks-off there are two threads to keep updated! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 2:30 pm 

Del wrote:
Glyn wrote:

(yellowcard) Until the match kicks-off there are two threads to keep updated! :mrgreen:

Heck. I must be due a suspension soon...?

:-D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 4:53 pm 

PITMEN 3 - 2 MARINE

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 5:56 pm 

Can’t remember when I’ve been that cold at a game and at half time I as cursing my decision to come out into the cold. We were truly awful with no shots of any description, no crosses and no corners. Other than taking goal kicks their keeper did nothing.

Something changed at half time and Lawrie and Glover came to the fore. Wren kept us in the game with two or three excellent saves and once we scored we grew in self belief. Glovers second goal was brilliant ( I hate that word being overused , but in this case it is warranted)

Well done to all those who attended, Soup Dragon for excellent soup and the lads for turning it around today. It was a very imperfect performance with countless errant passes but we did enough.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 5:58 pm 
Site Admin

Glover's second goal is one of the best Keys Park has seen in a very long time. Roll on the highlights, if there are any (I was too busy trying to keep warm in the Main Stand to look back and see if the camera was there!)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17 2018 6:12 pm 

Danny’s second was one of the best goals I have seen anywhere for a long time. The way he bought it down and hit it was pure class.

Well done Danny - you certainly warmed up an absolutely freezing afternoon!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 9:29 am 

Danny Glover post-match interview

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 9:30 am 

Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 10:42 am 

Lots of Marine appeals for offside for our second goal but clearly Danny is onside when Tom shoots. The muppet number 3 plays him onside, standing still with his hands behind his back then raising his hand to claim offside. What a muppet!
Brilliant strike from Danny for our third goal which made up for a subdued first half performance from him. I didn't see anything in Rea that should put him ahead of Fitzpatrick or Harris in future games and MOTM for me was Sam Oji, who was excellent all game.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 12:14 pm 

Thanks as ever Dan; yes, cracking goal from Glover; and well done again to all who braved the elements.

:clap:

Too cold for this old man....

:roll:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 12:51 pm 

Lee K wrote:
Lots of Marine appeals for offside for our second goal but clearly Danny is onside when Tom shoots. The muppet number 3 plays him onside, standing still with his hands behind his back then raising his hand to claim offside. What a muppet!
Brilliant strike from Danny for our third goal which made up for a subdued first half performance from him. I didn't see anything in Rea that should put him ahead of Fitzpatrick or Harris in future games and MOTM for me was Sam Oji, who was excellent all game.

The amount of ranting and abuse their No.3 gave to the lino was a disgrace - Ref never even spoke to him let alone showed a card. And the video clearly shows him playing Danny onside!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18 2018 9:16 pm 

I'm not so sure that Danny was clearly onside for his first goal. The video doesn't have him in the frame when Tom hit the ball, but it looks very close to me. Good job Jordan Graham wasn't closer to Danny's brilliant strike for the third goal as he was miles offside.

Other than that, I imagine Marine will wonder how they lost this. They had several good chances and will point to a deflected first goal and perhaps a debatable second. We had a bit of luck I think.

Once again, terrible first half from us. Flat, lacking in energy and the 3 at the back leaving a lot of space down the flanks which Marine exploited. Great ball for their first goal but maybe Wren should have intercepted it (although the snowstorm was at its peak at that moment). The conditions clearly had an effect and the whole game was littered with errors.

Rea looked a neat, tidy player but didn't get around the pitch much but we don't know what he was asked to do. Nice pass to Lawrie for the equaliser.

If you bought a programme my mom says that Peter Broadbent was her favourite Wolves player, not Eddie Clamp. Oops.

Pedant's corner: how come their keeper was allowed to wear black socks in the second half and their 8 a black base layer under his shirt? Socks have to be a different colour to those of the opposition and ref and the keeper wore green in the first half. Base layers have to match the main colour of the shirt sleeve. I know because I just looked all this up. Law 4.

I should get out more.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 2018 6:59 am 

Pitmanchester wrote:
I'm not so sure that Danny was clearly onside for his first goal. The video doesn't have him in the frame when Tom hit the ball, but it looks very close to me. Good job Jordan Graham wasn't closer to Danny's brilliant strike for the third goal as he was miles offside.

Other than that, I imagine Marine will wonder how they lost this. They had several good chances and will point to a deflected first goal and perhaps a debatable second. We had a bit of luck I think.

Once again, terrible first half from us. Flat, lacking in energy and the 3 at the back leaving a lot of space down the flanks which Marine exploited. Great ball for their first goal but maybe Wren should have intercepted it (although the snowstorm was at its peak at that moment). The conditions clearly had an effect and the whole game was littered with errors.

Rea looked a neat, tidy player but didn't get around the pitch much but we don't know what he was asked to do. Nice pass to Lawrie for the equaliser.

If you bought a programme my mom says that Peter Broadbent was her favourite Wolves player, not Eddie Clamp. Oops.

Pedant's corner: how come their keeper was allowed to wear black socks in the second half and their 8 a black base layer under his shirt? Socks have to be a different colour to those of the opposition and ref and the keeper wore green in the first half. Base layers have to match the main colour of the shirt sleeve. I know because I just looked all this up. Law 4.

I should get out more.

We did comment on the Marine dress sense, but I guess any comment from the ref may have been met with, “if you want me to wear a yellow base layer, then go and fetch it yourself from the coach ( what’s left of it)!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 2018 8:39 am 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/03/hednesford-town-3-2-marine

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19 2018 11:32 am 

Gosh, we're famous!

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/mariners ... n=football

The link to the video doesn't work for me, but that's just what you want when there's a fire isn't it, someone filming it...

:roll: :doh:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20 2018 7:39 am 

Caption competition...

Just what is the Marine no 7 doing here?!

:shock: :roll: :-D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20 2018 1:20 pm 

I think he's saying "I make that 1-1"

:twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20 2018 2:23 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Caption competition...

Just what is the Marine no 7 doing here?!

:shock: :roll: :-D

(redcard)

Completely an 'off-topic' post ... should be in the humour section ... you are on the verge of a 7-day ban! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20 2018 4:34 pm 

Del wrote:
Completely an 'off-topic' post ... should be in the humour section ... you are on the verge of a 7-day ban! :mrgreen:

Watt?

:-D