It is currently Tue Dec 18 2018 11:08 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11 2018 10:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 5695
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
The easiest and simplest solution would have been to run the NPL with one less side in it. This would avoid the shambles we are now witnessing,


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11 2018 11:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15 2015 10:06 pm
Posts: 912
Or better still start with twenty four with any luck they'll be down to twenty two

_________________
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 6:15 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 12 2013 5:39 pm
Posts: 640
Let’s just say we accept the fate this season, then next year a SC club goes bump in late June. We could be forced back south halfway through assembling the squad!


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 19271
Pitmanchester wrote:
Yes, it's a pain for the management and may affect some of our signings (and non signings)...


Under-statement of the close-season.

Very few people know how many hours have been put into assembling the basis of a squad to play in the Southern Central League (and releasing players who wanted to stay north)...

Watch this space if our appeal fails....

_________________
When the fun stops, stop.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 9:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 30755
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
If/when the appeal fails - and players decide they cannot accept the change for whatever reason and decide to leave - do the league offer any compensation for the time and effort wasted by management teams?

I think Bob Dylan will have the answer!

https://youtu.be/vWwgrjjIMXA

_________________
"Get your facts right first, then you can distort them as much as you please."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 9:38 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
Glyn wrote:
Pitmanchester wrote:
Yes, it's a pain for the management and may affect some of our signings (and non signings)...


Under-statement of the close-season.

Very few people know how many hours have been put into assembling the basis of a squad to play in the Southern Central League (and releasing players who wanted to stay north)...

Watch this space if our appeal fails....


:clap:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jul 13 2015 7:32 pm
Posts: 48
It's too unbelievable. The whole process of the league division being seperated and the organisation responsible for this are not fit for purpose. My feelings go out to the management trying to encourage new signings and re-engage old ones when this uncertain exists. At least the M6 is a better route than A14


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
john b wrote:
It's too unbelievable. The whole process of the league division being seperated and the organisation responsible for this are not fit for purpose. My feelings go out to the management trying to encourage new signings and re-engage old ones when this uncertain exists. At least the M6 is a better route than A14



And the M6 will be 21 trips
The A14 would have been 3


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3000
Another appeal with sound reasoning fails...

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/sport/16270 ... y_hearing/


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 2:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3000
Yet this Mickey Mouse club win theirs...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/44287961


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12 2018 3:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 19271
Lee K wrote:
Yet this Mickey Mouse club win theirs...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... l/44287961



Is it just me who has no idea what that is all about (and lacks the patience to do more than speedread it to find out!)


:? :twisted:

_________________
When the fun stops, stop.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13 2018 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1612
when is the appeal being heard ?

_________________
Who knows where the road may lead us only a fool would say ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13 2018 7:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3000
sheriff wrote:
when is the appeal being heard ?


If it fails at least someone will have had a nice day out at Wembley.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13 2018 8:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Market Drayton
PitmanKeith wrote:
john b wrote:
It's too unbelievable. The whole process of the league division being seperated and the organisation responsible for this are not fit for purpose. My feelings go out to the management trying to encourage new signings and re-engage old ones when this uncertain exists. At least the M6 is a better route than A14




And the M6 will be 21 trips
The A14 would have been 3


I'm working away, next to the A14 this week. Three times is plenty!


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13 2018 8:40 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2370
bix_the_dog wrote:
PitmanKeith wrote:
john b wrote:
It's too unbelievable. The whole process of the league division being seperated and the organisation responsible for this are not fit for purpose. My feelings go out to the management trying to encourage new signings and re-engage old ones when this uncertain exists. At least the M6 is a better route than A14




And the M6 will be 21 trips
The A14 would have been 3


I'm working away, next to the A14 this week. Three times is plenty!


At least the roadworks on the M6 will be finished by the end of March 2019.

https://highwaysengland.co.uk/projects/ ... -motorway/

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13 2018 10:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Market Drayton
The Beerhunter wrote:
bix_the_dog wrote:
PitmanKeith wrote:
john b wrote:
It's too unbelievable. The whole process of the league division being seperated and the organisation responsible for this are not fit for purpose. My feelings go out to the management trying to encourage new signings and re-engage old ones when this uncertain exists. At least the M6 is a better route than A14




And the M6 will be 21 trips
The A14 would have been 3


I'm working away, next to the A14 this week. Three times is plenty!


At least the roadworks on the M6 will be finished by the end of March 2019.

https://highwaysengland.co.uk/projects/ ... -motorway/


A year or two before the major roadworks currently embggering the A14 in the area I'm staying are due to complete:

https://highwaysengland.co.uk/projects/ ... huntingdon


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14 2018 7:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 30755
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Lee K wrote:
sheriff wrote:
when is the appeal being heard ?


If it fails at least someone will have had a nice day out at Wembley.


Another nice 'jolly' for the suit brigade! Image Image

_________________
"Get your facts right first, then you can distort them as much as you please."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16 2018 6:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 30755
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
So that's it then?


_________________
"Get your facts right first, then you can distort them as much as you please."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 12:13 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 5695
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
A farce. The FA has condemned us to a very tough season. They have no clue about how difficult it can be for clubs at our level.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 6:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1612
two cracking derby's though ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%8 ... ier_League

_________________
Who knows where the road may lead us only a fool would say ?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 8:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
Perton Pitman wrote:
A farce. The FA has condemned us to a very tough season. They have no clue about how difficult it can be for clubs at our level.


Result of appeal still pending.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 9:37 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3000
That's a ridiculous statement from the NPL.

"appeals agreed" - what's that supposed to mean?


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 9:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 30755
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Del wrote:

PitmanKeith wrote:
Result of appeal still pending.

Lee K wrote:
"appeals agreed" - what's that supposed to mean?


So all in all - nobody has a clue!! :clap: to the suit brigade

Image

_________________
"Get your facts right first, then you can distort them as much as you please."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 10:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
Del wrote:
Del wrote:

PitmanKeith wrote:
Result of appeal still pending.

Lee K wrote:
"appeals agreed" - what's that supposed to mean?




So all in all - nobody has a clue!! :clap: to the suit brigade

Image


I agree that is a meaningless statement.

They have to confirm the constitution at the AGM but the FA can still override it if on going appeals are successful, but yes we all know what the outcome will be.
However until they pull their finger out and announce a decision Rob is still in no mans land on player signings.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 2:44 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2370
Rearrange these words into a well known sentence.

A organise brewery in couldn't a up piss.

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 4:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
sheriff wrote:


Whitby is a bit far to class as a local derby :-D


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 4:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 15 2015 10:06 pm
Posts: 912
I realise I might be a little nieve here but it's nearly July and I haven't got a clue which league we will be playing in in six weeks time,is it me,have I missed something or am I right? :doh:

_________________
Villa have been a great club,are still a great club and always will be a great club.

Frederick Rinder


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2018 4:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2023
jackiemaund wrote:
I realise I might be a little nieve here but it's nearly July and I haven't got a clue which league we will be playing in in six weeks time,is it me,have I missed something or am I right? :doh:


Been waiting 9 days now Jackie for the FA to decide on our appeal
Nothing short of scandalous and totally inept from a so called football governing body.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2018 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 30755
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
PitmanKeith wrote:
jackiemaund wrote:
I realise I might be a little nieve here but it's nearly July and I haven't got a clue which league we will be playing in in six weeks time,is it me,have I missed something or am I right? :doh:


Been waiting 9 days now Jackie for the FA to decide on our appeal
Nothing short of scandalous and totally inept from a so called football governing body.


One would 'assume' that the Club will hear something in the next few days - once the League Officials have recovered from their weekend jolly and realise they still have a job to do.
Certainly they fully deserve a vote of 'no confidence'.

I'm sure both our Secretary and Manager are constantly chasing them up for a final decision!

_________________
"Get your facts right first, then you can distort them as much as you please."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Market Drayton
Doesn't feel like many new signings recently....presumably this has killed that off.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2017. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited