It is currently Wed Sep 26 2018 11:27 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14 2018 6:49 pm 

On 12th April, I sent the following email to the Northern Premier League:

Please could I have an explanation as to how and why Hednesford Town's bank holiday fixtures are against North Ferriby (twice) and Farsley Celtic (twice)
The usual process of arranging local matches for these dates has completely passed you by in our case. Or have you just given us fixtures intended for Shaw Lane before their withdrawal?

No reply. I sent it again on 19th July, 26th July and 2nd August. No reply.

I sent an email to the FA and Evo-Stik on 8th August to make a complaint about being ignored. No reply from either.

I sent another email to the Northern Premier League today and finally I have had a reply. It was this:

Hi Lee,

Many thanks for contacting the NPL with your concerns which have been passed on as all feedback is appreciated.

As a semi-professional league with finite resources, staff and volunteers our ability to respond to queries for comment from the public during the close season and in fact at all times is limited.

We also have a duty to represent all our clubs and where there is issue or dispute it should be brought to the attention of league for action or otherwise via our member clubs.

If you still have concerns over the scheduling of your fixtures please make them known to your club who can make representations on your behalf.

Best wishes and good luck for the coming season.

Dave Watters

EVO-STIK League media manager and press officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14 2018 8:20 pm 

So, despite asking a fair, legitimate and straightforward question four times, you get a typically vague reply from the NPL. Skirting around the main question by answering in generalities and using a lot of classic media filling to pad out the email. Mr. Watters could have kept it short, saved himself a lot of time and still got the message across:

Hi Lee

Cheers for your email. It’s gone in the outbox.

We’re non-league if you didn’t know already.

We only deal with stuff when it’s REALLY important.

Any issues, speak to someone who cares at your club.

Cheers

Going off on a slight tangent, and tying in with the Twitter spat we had with the NPL over advertising friendlies, did you also know that we’ve only had ONE story published on the NPL website in the last six-and-a-bit months (when R&L agreed to stay)? Runcorn Linnets have had two stories published in the last eleven days! Anyone else coming round to the idea that we’re just not wanted?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18 2018 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
Scarborough, who came up with Shields, started with a 1-0 win at Keys Park against Hednesford Town, who had originally been switched to the Southern League before making a successful appeal, an early ninth minute Wayne Brooksby goal settling the opening day`s encounter in visiting Boro's favour.

Source: http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/saturday ... tion-52423

That's one way of putting it I suppose.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19 2018 12:53 pm 

Dobba wrote:
Quote:
Scarborough, who came up with Shields, started with a 1-0 win at Keys Park against Hednesford Town, who had originally been switched to the Southern League before making a successful appeal, an early ninth minute Wayne Brooksby goal settling the opening day`s encounter in visiting Boro's favour.

Source: http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/saturday ... tion-52423

That's one way of putting it I suppose.

What the........?????!!!

Lee! email them again!!

:twisted: :roll: :-D (muppet)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19 2018 2:10 pm 

:doh: