Bower Fold
Mottram Road
Stalybridge
Cheshire
SK15 2RT

Link to opponents official website: http://www.stalybridgeceltic.co.uk/

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07 2019 11:06 am 

Clicked on their website, they seem to be having a mass exodus of players!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11 2019 12:20 pm 

Should be a good Manchester Pitmen turnout for this one.

Problem is I'll be expected to know something about our squad which will be tricky having only been to one game recently.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11 2019 1:22 pm 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/01 ... celtic-a-3

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11 2019 1:47 pm 

“When people look at last Saturday and see a five three scoreline they think we have been battered, whereas in reality it was on the whole a pretty even game and one on another day I felt that we could have got something out of it."

oh dear, you need to explain this to the supporters who's patience has grown thin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11 2019 2:44 pm 

Just hope that the M6 isn't its usual "pain in the backside" self...

I missed the first 25 minutes on my last visit, but hey, there's always someone worse off...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46815882

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12 2019 4:52 pm 

STALYBRIDGE CELTIC 1 - 0 PITMEN

16. Grantham 31
16. Mickleover 29
17. Marine 28
18. Hednesford 28
19. Lancaster 27
------------------------
20. Stafford 25
21. Workington 17
22. North Ferriby 10

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12 2019 6:20 pm 

Lovely pie and black peas at the station and a nice pint of Matmos (who are an experimental US electronic music duo, not sure why there is a beer named after them). But it looked gloomy as we approached Bower Fold.

We were set up a lot more compact than at the last game I saw at Stafford. We had the best of the first half with a deflected cross hitting the bar and the keeper just about keeping an Abadaki effort out with his leg. They were not really in it.

In the second half we barely had a shot as that type of rain that gets you wet fell from the sky in sheets. And neither did they but put away a rare chance. We don't seem to have a midfield goal scorer or creator, just hard workers. I'm frustrated with Archer. He has so much pace and can finish but doesn't seem to get himself into the right places. Defence looked solid and Ben had a great game against some bloke called Cockerline.

We are in a relegation battle now and there are games coming up against teams near the top of the table. We desperately need players who are better at football. But we know how difficult they are to recruit in the middle of the season.

We welcomed a new associate member to the Manchester Pitmen, after that display I'm not convinced he'll be at Bamber Bridge.

Good chips.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12 2019 6:47 pm 

1 win, 1 draw and 8 defeats in the last 10 league games under 3 different managers. Relegation form!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12 2019 7:01 pm 

perhaps the manger has been brought in to take us down

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12 2019 8:33 pm 

The honeymoon period is over. Clubs around us are picking points up and at this stage it could be either Stafford or us who will join Workington and NFU in going down. How crucial those two abject games with Strangers will turn out to be remains to be seen.
Next week we play Basford who have just had two heavy home defeats. We have to win this one otherwise we will need playoff form in order to stay up.

A big week ahead!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 7:42 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 7:51 am 

Getting really worrying now.

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/nort ... -guide/ten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 8:03 am 

Quote:
And if it wasn't for that last minute winner on Boxing Day it would have looked even worse.

I knew Franny should have kept the job! :-)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 10:17 am 

Quote:
if we go down, we go down Mr Price will save by reducing the cost of his budget but will lose by having to drop the gate price even less attendance and nobody will want to buy the club, I can't be arsed
either way but Mr Price should apologise to the hardened fans for the ***** they have been put through the last few years

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 10:28 am 

Frustration at the way things are going are leading me more to posting about performances (or a complete lack of them) on here when I don’t normally feel the need or want to… but….

Well, that was entirely expected, wasn’t it? Three words that don’t seem to belong in the HTFC player/manager dictionary: urgency – conviction – character. Three key ingredients just to be a competitive team in the NPL. We’ve talked long and hard about having to ‘mix it’ with other teams, whilst looking to take our (few) chances, and yet again yesterday we fell well short of showing any of the above after a decent enough showing in the first half. Some decent build-up play up to forty-five minutes, with Abadaki again the most likely to create an opening, but still lacking any sort of cutting edge or real conviction to take any chances to come our way. The need for a striker is now at it’s most critical, and not another athletic, sprinter type like Archer/Sweeney/Johnson – a proper, number nine, centre-forward, someone with the nous to get you something in the region of seven to ten goals for the rest of the season. Use your contacts Nicky!!!

Dismal second-half showing really. We never looked like scoring all half, and as soon as the oh-so-familiar soft goal was conceded, the usual suspects’ heads went down and tamely gave up the point that we should have earned by showing absolutely no desire or urgency to get back into the game. No character down the centre of the pitch at all with the honourable exception of Bailey AGAIN, with only Cooper and Abadaki coming out of the game with any real credit. Mind you, I suppose Deczki did nowt wrong either

Three successive defeats puts the pressure on Nicky and Gaz this week to make changes – there are four or five players out there yesterday that have come to the end of the line for me, who showed some woeful body language after the goal and no desire to want to get back into the game, like they were going through the motions. If they don’t want to be here gents, get them binned; you’ve seen enough of them in training and on the pitch to make a judgement call by now. We aren’t in a situation where we can say ‘give ‘em another week’ or ‘they might come good’

Pressure’s well and truly on now. I’m expecting a busy week and a much, much better performance against Basford, who are in no form at all. Our home league form has been utterly turgid, bordering on embarrassing, at times this term, so this must be addressed. A run of unbeaten games at KP can be the basis for survival, regardless of what we do on the road.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 10:31 am 

Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 11:41 am 

well said CDS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 12:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
if we go down, we go down Mr Price will save by reducing the cost of his budget but will lose by having to drop the gate price even less attendance and nobody will want to buy the club, I can't be arsed
either way but Mr Price should apologise to the hardened fans for the ***** they have been put through the last few years
:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 12:42 pm 

Quote:
Frustration at the way things are going are leading me more to posting about performances (or a complete lack of them) on here when I don’t normally feel the need or want to… but….

Well, that was entirely expected, wasn’t it? Three words that don’t seem to belong in the HTFC player/manager dictionary: urgency – conviction – character. Three key ingredients just to be a competitive team in the NPL. We’ve talked long and hard about having to ‘mix it’ with other teams, whilst looking to take our (few) chances, and yet again yesterday we fell well short of showing any of the above after a decent enough showing in the first half. Some decent build-up play up to forty-five minutes, with Abadaki again the most likely to create an opening, but still lacking any sort of cutting edge or real conviction to take any chances to come our way. The need for a striker is now at it’s most critical, and not another athletic, sprinter type like Archer/Sweeney/Johnson – a proper, number nine, centre-forward, someone with the nous to get you something in the region of seven to ten goals for the rest of the season. Use your contacts Nicky!!!

Dismal second-half showing really. We never looked like scoring all half, and as soon as the oh-so-familiar soft goal was conceded, the usual suspects’ heads went down and tamely gave up the point that we should have earned by showing absolutely no desire or urgency to get back into the game. No character down the centre of the pitch at all with the honourable exception of Bailey AGAIN, with only Cooper and Abadaki coming out of the game with any real credit. Mind you, I suppose Deczki did nowt wrong either

Three successive defeats puts the pressure on Nicky and Gaz this week to make changes – there are four or five players out there yesterday that have come to the end of the line for me, who showed some woeful body language after the goal and no desire to want to get back into the game, like they were going through the motions. If they don’t want to be here gents, get them binned; you’ve seen enough of them in training and on the pitch to make a judgement call by now. We aren’t in a situation where we can say ‘give ‘em another week’ or ‘they might come good’

Pressure’s well and truly on now. I’m expecting a busy week and a much, much better performance against Basford, who are in no form at all. Our home league form has been utterly turgid, bordering on embarrassing, at times this term, so this must be addressed. A run of unbeaten games at KP can be the basis for survival, regardless of what we do on the road.
Very eloquently put sir.

:clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13 2019 2:22 pm 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/01 ... sford-town

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14 2019 9:29 am 

Pitmen Travel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14 2019 12:33 pm 

Thanks Dan .. it must be very painful for you having to watch it live each week ... then again when you edit the highlights!