It is currently Tue Dec 12 2017 8:32 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 8:26 am 

Solihull moors fan coming in peace. Just like to say some supporters have noticed your disappointment at Mr McDonald leaving you guys etc. As a Solihull supporter I was unsure how he would get on at this level as it's a big jump but probably 90% of us loyal fans Love Him. He's brought fantastic talent to the club, we have a striker he plucked from lower levels who has the potential to be one of the best Solihull players of all time. All the players he's brought from lower levels especially silly your club have been fantastic. My favourite being Carline who has scored a few goals and his heading ability is unbelievable. From what I'm told liam signed him from Cadbury athletic. McDonald made history yday in keeping up up on a shoe string budget due to us having to meet ground grading. This manager has the potential to go into the football league. We went on a real bad run and I was one who did think maybe he's to young as it's a tough league we are in, but fair play to him he got us out of it. He plays attacking football and I speak for myself and many Solihull supporters that it was a fantastic splint plucking the best manager around albeit he's 32. He's always spoken highly of your club and his old player who signed for Arsenal was down to watch us a few weeks ago and speaks very highly of liam.

I didn't think it was possible to stay in this league this season,I didn't think it was possible to replace Marcus bignot, but we've stayed up and we all think liam has the potential and is maybe already better than what we had.

WE ARE STAYING UP SAY WE ARE STAYING UP

Post subject: Re: MCDONALD
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 9:04 am 

Smfc fan wrote:

It was touch and go though ... as Torquay will agree!! ;)

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 9:12 am 

Smfc fan wrote:
Solihull moors fan coming in peace. Just like to say some supporters have noticed your disappointment at Mr McDonald leaving you guys etc. As a Solihull supporter I was unsure how he would get on at this level as it's a big jump but probably 90% of us loyal fans Love Him. He's brought fantastic talent to the club, we have a striker he plucked from lower levels who has the potential to be one of the best Solihull players of all time. All the players he's brought from lower levels especially silly your club have been fantastic. My favourite being Carline who has scored a few goals and his heading ability is unbelievable. From what I'm told liam signed him from Cadbury athletic. McDonald made history yday in keeping up up on a shoe string budget due to us having to meet ground grading. This manager has the potential to go into the football league. We went on a real bad run and I was one who did think maybe he's to young as it's a tough league we are in, but fair play to him he got us out of it. He plays attacking football and I speak for myself and many Solihull supporters that it was a fantastic splint plucking the best manager around albeit he's 32. He's always spoken highly of your club and his old player who signed for Arsenal was down to watch us a few weeks ago and speaks very highly of liam.

I didn't think it was possible to stay in this league this season,I didn't think it was possible to replace Marcus bignot, but we've stayed up and we all think liam has the potential and is maybe already better than what we had.

Not what most of your fans were saying on your forum two weeks ago.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 11:01 am 

I don't think you'll get much love for him on here. Very few people blame him for leaving, but take a look at his comments about Hednesford and then the subsequent actions of him and 'his' players. I'll be kind and call them disingenuous, but there are plenty of stronger descriptions I could use. I for one am disappointed you stayed up.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 1:45 pm 

Smfc fan wrote:
All the players he's brought from lower levels especially silly your club have been fantastic. .. He plays attacking football and I speak for myself and many Solihull supporters that it was a fantastic splint plucking the best manager around

:?

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 2:00 pm 

I don't no what comments he made but can only go on what he's doing for our club. In a few interviews I've heard a few interviews where he praises your club. You can blame him for moving up 2 leagues.
Liam has had it done to him this season losing Osborne who was our best player aswel as our leading goal scorer. He just got on with it and never moaned about it, if you take our bad run of 6 losses our results have been very good.

You have our groundsman in charge of you guys aswel, hope you have a good summer and come back next season stronger.

Liam did say in an interview yday about doubters and people wanting him to fail and how he's proved everyone wrong, maybe that was about you guys.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 2:09 pm 

yes it was disappointing Liam leaving but it didn't help by us appointing two poor managers after

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 4:03 pm 

Not quite sure why you felt it necessary to make your posting SMFC, perhaps you should read what your fellow fans think of Ronald - https://bsolihullmoors.runboard.com/t3552

Clearly not all of the same opinion as you....

As has already been said, no love lost for Ronald and his gang amongst HTFC fans. Yes, you can see why he took the job as it was a step up, but taking some of our players in interesting circumstances was a bit naughty.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 5:17 pm 

Enjoy your 'good' times while they last, but don't expect any loyalty if a bigger club comes knocking, and don't expect your better players to stick around either ;)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 6:26 pm 

I'd never question people's intelligence but our forum has about 5% of supporters. The other 95% are in support, trust me. If a league club came in for him then all fans would be happy for him as its life changing. Marcus bignot came back to The moors and took our players. That's football, most managers do it in non league. Like I said I come in peace. Since he left you guys I can see you've struggled but wishing bad on the moors and liam isn't going to win you games. I'm sure liam has moved on and I've been to a couple of games since he's left and I think there maybe other problems than liam Les being and taking 5 players. Like I said I only commented as you guys had hoped we go down and liam kept us up. Credit where credit is due and all. I looks like he's had the last laugh. Good luck next season, your a big club and deserve success.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23 2017 7:54 pm 

I was very disappointed when he left as it appeared to be the start of something special, but don't think he is a man of his word and wouldn't trust him one bit. Most of the players Moors signed from us, are only affiliated to Liam. Don't expect much loyalty from them or him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 4:44 pm 

Smfc fan wrote:
Liam has had it done to him this season losing Osborne who was our best player aswel as our leading goal scorer. He just got on with it and never moaned about it...

Oh yes he did.

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 6:48 pm 

I didn't hear anybody here upset when McDonald raided Redditch's squad .... Bit rich in my opinion for pitmen fans to complain about him doing the same to us.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 7:29 pm 

We took the Redditch players very early in the close season Pitmanchester. This gave them time to rebuild . Old McDonald did not give us that opportunity.
Never mind every dog has its day and we will soon be beating Moor Green Solihull again , with, or most likely without , McDonald.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 8:02 pm 

Pitmanchester wrote:
I didn't hear anybody here upset when McDonald raided Redditch's squad .... Bit rich in my opinion for pitmen fans to complain about him doing the same to us.

From what I heard he was very underhand about it. The fact is that once he left certain players refused to play for us. despite being under contract. The club had to let them go for nothing in the end so in my eyes LM behaved in a despicable manner and so did some of'his' players.

I hope they get stuffed every week next season!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 10:14 pm 
Site Admin

As Admin, I'd ban people for posting the sort of language I'd have to use to accurately express my opinion of the man so I'll just say that some of the stuff being attributed to him by our Solihull friend here is frankly laughable.

Smfc fan wrote:
I'm sure liam has moved on

He almost certainly beat the little hand on the clock to it too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 11:09 pm 

I've been hearing from a few sources that Ronald will be getting the sack come the end of the season... wonder how true this will turn out to be

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 6:44 am 

Smfc fan wrote:
I'd never question people's intelligence but our forum has about 5% of supporters. The other 95% are in support, trust me. If a league club came in for him then all fans would be happy for him as its life changing. Marcus bignot came back to The moors and took our players. That's football, most managers do it in non league. Like I said I come in peace. Since he left you guys I can see you've struggled but wishing bad on the moors and liam isn't going to win you games. I'm sure liam has moved on and I've been to a couple of games since he's left and I think there maybe other problems than liam Les being and taking 5 players. Like I said I only commented as you guys had hoped we go down and liam kept us up. Credit where credit is due and all. I looks like he's had the last laugh. Good luck next season, your a big club and deserve success.

Yes there was mate, those five players he felt he owned even though they were on contract. You should have paid for those players but instead he got them to down tools so in the end it was more beneficial for us to get shut.
What goes around comes around, when he does it to you let me know how you feel then.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 8:18 am 

I understand what you guys are saying any proof of underhand tactics?
Has your club came out and said that or is it just hear say.
I spoken to a number of the players who came in and as I'm aware our club have agreed a deal with Hednesford over Carline? I think your club needs to come out and say that as that's what our board have said. Speaking to the other guys they just didn't want to be at your club as the people running it was poor. Maye had moved on as the manager didn't want him as they had a falling out?
Sammons is a Solihull lad so he would jump at the chance & Flanagan is real quality and we missed him when injured.

I'm a little confused by what your saying as your club has never said any of this or is it just being supporters thinking they no best.

Sour grapes or whatever you call it, good luck going forward, I'm sure Liam doesn't care what you think as I can't see him dropping down to your level after what he's done at our club.

You lost 4 players to us, that's hardly a squad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 8:35 am 

I grew up in a street of terraced houses.

When someone who wasn't from our part of the street used to come and try to join in with our games, the standard comment was "go and play up your own entry"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 8:52 am 

Funny when anyone mentions LM .. this image always comes to mind!! :think:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 10:10 am 

Smfc fan wrote:
I spoken to a number of the players who came in and as I'm aware our club have agreed a deal with Hednesford over Carline? I think your club needs to come out and say that as that's what our board have said. Speaking to the other guys they just didn't want to be at your club as the people running it was poor. Maye had moved on as the manager didn't want him as they had a falling out?
Sammons is a Solihull lad so he would jump at the chance & Flanagan is real quality and we missed him when injured.

I'm a little confused by what your saying as your club has never said any of this or is it just being supporters thinking they no best.

Sour grapes or whatever you call it, good luck going forward, I'm sure Liam doesn't care what you think as I can't see him dropping down to your level after what he's done at our club.

anyway are you a moors or solihull fan ?
Sammons is out of his depth and it showed when you got hammered 9
If it wasn't for people putting money in to your club where would you be now with your subbuteo stadium ?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 1:37 pm 

Smfc fan wrote:

Our club is not going to slag off other clubs in public, we don't do that.

If Solihull paid a fee for Carline then fair enough. I think our press release at the time stated it was "an agreement" but no further information was given.

The 4 lads who left us for Solihull left us because they wanted to follow McDonald, not because our club is run poorly, or they would have shown their dissatisfaction before Solihull came in for McDonald, so that is bollocks.

The problem with Maye is that he suddenly had an injury, managed to somehow break free from his contract, played a game for Boldmere then pitched up at Solihull. Our club probably should have done more to prevent this happening but who knows what goes on behind the scenes. Maye was an excellent footballer for the level we play at, I can't possibly imagine Casey not wanting him. I don't believe it, the most likely scenario is that McDonald was in his ear.

Liam McDonald has done nothing at your club. When he arrived Solihull were 16th, and now they are 16th. I've seen Solihull play 3 times this season under McDonald, they lost all 3 and were rubbish in all of them. I've no doubt Solihull will get relegated next season if McDonald stays all season.

You've said Liam has said a lot of good things about our club yet the players have said the club was run poorly? A clear contradiction, what you are being fed is rubbish.

McDonald signed almost a whole new squad for us and only one of those signings were still there at the end of the season. It's not just the 4 that went to Solihull, for some reason all his other signings like Singh, Dunkley, Matthews, Mutton etc all left as well to other clubs. Our squad was ruined. Whether that was McDonald's doing or the new manager's I suppose we won't ever know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 1:55 pm 

I've typed a reply to SMFC fan three times but not posted it. It was basically what Lee said above only with more swearing.

Post subject: Re: L**m McD*n*ld
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 5:40 pm 

Just thought I would give an opinion on McDonald from another Moors fans. I don't agree that 90% of us love him and think the % is actually much less.

I was very sympathetic to you when he broke up your successful squad immediately taking George Carline & Co, similar to when he took several Redditch players to you.

Having done it twice, I am sure he would do the same to Moors if he took over at another club, hence my reason for not loving him or trusting him. Our previous coach, Margus Bignot, who I do trust, has been sacked by Grimsby and I would love him to become our coach again and replace Liam.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 7:57 pm 

One day he may well make a good manager but he still has alot to learn and it may have been better for his career to have stayed at Hednesford to develop these skills first.
Don't get me wrong his style of football was great to watch and without the points he amassed we probably been relegation candidates but, once teams worked us out then results started to go against us and he didn't seem to have a plan B to counter act this. Said at time would have been interesting to see how he would manage as pitches became less playable over the winter, we will never know.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2017 5:50 am 

An interesting fact is that if you project forward the McDonald points total based on what he had amassed when he left we would have had 82 points, that would have just scraped us into the play-offs.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26 2017 7:54 am 

PitmanKeith wrote:
An interesting fact is that if you project forward the McDonald points total based on what he had amassed when he left we would have had 82 points, that would have just scraped us into the play-offs.

... but that's assuming he would have kept the squad together....

:twisted:

(and I reckon Bramall would still have moved on.... ;) )

PostPosted: Sat May 20 2017 1:55 pm 

https://bsolihullmoors.runboard.com/t3612,offset=80

Solihull fans are not happy. All their best players leaving, nobody signing, lack of ambition, no money, no news from the club etc.

Reading through the posts they all seem to be Blues fans as well!

PostPosted: Sat May 20 2017 2:00 pm 

And that's the worst sort has well

Frederick Rinder