It is currently Tue Dec 12 2017 8:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 5:40 pm 

started this thread for any suggestions or ideas to promote the club in our expanding community
please no manager suggestions ;)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 5:45 pm 

I would be prepared to deliver flyers around the new builds

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24 2017 7:58 pm 

Get local youth teams to attend matches for free. Bring the kids in to secure the future!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 7:48 am 

COMMUNICATION

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 2:07 pm 

1. More/some/any communication from the Club (especially the owner) about the vision for the Club moving forward, what he intends to do once the land around the ground has houses on it.

2. Some sort of acknowledgement to the fans that we've had a crap two years. Maybe an early bird season ticket offer at reduced prices which would benefit the fans and also the Club by getting some finances in early.

3.Investment in the facilities. Namely the playing surface which had a lot of games on it last season and will probably have more next season with the setting up of the new academy and also the floodlights which are quite frankly, knackered.

4. Free cheese and onion cobs.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 2:26 pm 

sheriff wrote:

I tend to think the occupiers will hate the club - the lack of parking will drive a very quick wedge between the club and the house owners.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 4:22 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:
4. Free cheese and onion cobs.

Each?

:-D

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25 2017 5:08 pm 

Mark wrote:
sheriff wrote:

I tend to think the occupiers will hate the club - the lack of parking will drive a very quick wedge between the club and the house owners.

No I meant Greenheath, Pyegreen, Limepit Lane, Chadsmoor etc

PostPosted: Fri May 05 2017 5:02 pm 

key dates pencilled in
http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/next-sea ... rmed-36490

PostPosted: Fri May 05 2017 7:26 pm 

sheriff wrote:

All we need now are some players....

PostPosted: Sat May 06 2017 9:04 am 

Lee K wrote:
sheriff wrote:

All we need now are some players....

.... and a manager! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14 2017 11:00 am 

Just reviving this topic - with TerryMc now having stood down as Club Secretary .. the weight of keeping fans informed now falls upon the shoulders of CARL COOPER.

Obviously I have never met the guy Carl Cooper (yet!) - but I hope he will be keeping in touch with both the Club's Press Officer AND the Fans by every means possible .. which could also involve posting here on the forum as Terry did so well.

Carl: Informed Fans Are Happy Fans!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04 2017 10:01 pm 

don't tempt me ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 10:08 am 

Quite a few other clubs have a section on their website listing opportunities for volunteers to get involved with the club in different ways.

May be an idea for our club to get more people helping out........

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 12:28 pm 

Del wrote:
Obviously I have never met the guy Carl Cooper (yet!) - but I hope he will be keeping in touch with both the Club's Press Officer AND the Fans by every means possible .. which could also involve posting here on the forum as Terry did so well.

Highlighting this topic yet again ....

1) We had no Match Report from the Boston Town FA Cup game because our regular reporter was unavailable - could you look into recruiting someone else please Carl for emergencies?

2) As you are now a forum member (since 23 Aug) .. I notice (sadly) that you haven't logged in again since joining! I realise you can read comments without the need to sign-in .. but it would be nice if you could also comment on certain issues as TerryMc used to .. especially the signing, leaving, etc of players.

At times like these, bad results, there is bound to be unrest among the fans who are always being called the 12th man - part of your job is to pacify and pour oil on troubled waters to keep these fans onside ..... so in the words of Delia Smith:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 12:53 pm 

I sat in the stand last night very close to the seats reserved for visiting dignitaries.
I didn't see anyone from Hednesford there and the steward told me there weren't any.
So did Mr Price ,messrs Macmahon and Cooper find another vantage point or weren't they there?
Did anyone of you who went see any of them?

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 1:05 pm 

jackiemaund wrote:
I sat in the stand last night very close to the seats reserved for visiting dignitaries.
I didn't see anyone from Hednesford there and the steward told me there weren't any.
So did Mr Price ,messrs McMahon and Cooper find another vantage point or weren't they there?
Did anyone of you who went see any of them?

I saw Steve and Carl, both behind the goal at the Church end, at various stages of the evening

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 1:07 pm 

Del wrote:
Del wrote:

Highlighting this topic yet again ....

1) We had no Match Report from the Boston Town FA Cup game because our regular reporter was unavailable - could you look into recruiting someone else please Carl for emergencies?

2) As you are now a forum member (since 23 Aug) .. I notice (sadly) that you haven't logged in again since joining! I realise you can read comments without the need to sign-in .. but it would be nice if you could also comment on certain issues as TerryMc used to .. especially the signing, leaving, etc of players.

At times like these, bad results, there is bound to be unrest among the fans who are always being called the 12th man - part of your job is to pacify and pour oil on troubled waters to keep these fans onside ..... so in the words of Delia Smith:

Spot on Del - its when the chips are down that communication becomes critical.

I've stated it before and will do again - I am happy to help out in any way - have done a lot of publicity for various organisations in the past and more than willing to assist the club.

Please don't ignore us supporters - we are actually on your side!

ATTENTION CARL COOPER - You have a volunteer here offering to help out!

(Del - Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05 2017 1:22 pm 

Sadly the non-communication by clubs to their paying supporters is normal these days, "We will take your money and tell you nothing!"

TUFC have spent nearly three weeks trying to sort out a new manager and told the fans virtually zilch - so here is a section from one poster's comments:

"Either way - to not keep the fans informed, at least via the clubs own channels or the press, is particularly dire.
People appreciate honesty - come out and say we have interviewed 5 great candidates but are struggling to agree terms, I'm sure this forum would turn into a bustle of activity and ideas around how we can make it happen.
Come out and say we have not received the quality of applications we have expected - fine, we empathise and again I'm sure within an hour the forum would have 10s of suggestions for the club.
But to stay virtually silent for nearly 3 weeks is woeful and downright unprofessional.
I'm sure we all share in the same disappointment and simply want to see a rapid resolution, my only fear is the bigger problem lies further up the food chain as has been continually speculated before the club was even purchased by GI.
At least simple communication would probably have cut 51 pages of forum discussion down to 5-10!!"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15 2017 12:56 pm 

Unusually, we have a home game on Non League Day.

Other clubs have done this, I wonder if we'd be brave enough?

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/top-stori ... e-day.html

(If memory serves, the "family ticket" admission which we still offer dates back to a NLD home game against Oxford City in March 2011)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15 2017 7:54 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Unusually, we have a home game on Non League Day.

Other clubs have done this, I wonder if we'd be brave enough?

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/top-stori ... e-day.html

(If memory serves, the "family ticket" admission which we still offer dates back to a NLD home game against Oxford City in March 2011)

I like the idea of this in principle but it could be seen as a bit unfair on season ticket holders, who have already paid up front. There is not much margin in a season ticket, I think you can only afford to miss 4 games for it to be worthwhile. That said increased numbers through the gate is in everyone's interest.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 2:13 pm 

Another good non-league day plug: https://prostatecanceruk.org/get-involved/football/non-league-day-2017-fans

Let's hope our Commercial Manager CARL COOPER gets involved and publicises this in our match-day programmes leading up to the day by managing to write an article or two!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 3:26 pm 

He can't be bothered to encourage player sponsorship so can't see him doing much else. There's over a grand the club have missed out on....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 3:39 pm 

thethumb wrote:
He can't be bothered to encourage player sponsorship so can't see him doing much else. There's over a grand the club have missed out on....

I had noticed that only 4 players had been sponsored, and those 4 were from people/groups who sponsor every year and wouldn't have needed to have been persuaded. It's obvious that the general manager's attempts to sell sponsorship has amounted to a grand total of zero success.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 4:01 pm 

the club is grinding to a halt, it's called apathy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 4:18 pm 

Lee K wrote:
thethumb wrote:

I had noticed that only 4 players had been sponsored, and those 4 were from people/groups who sponsor every year and wouldn't have needed to have been persuaded. It's obvious that the general manager's attempts to sell sponsorship has amounted to a grand total of zero success.

I also know of at least one match sponsorship he has lost out on due to a 'no response' to emails :think: attitude!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 5:00 pm 

He hasn't tried to sell any sponsorships!!! I was a sponsor last season and heard nothing from him this season so I thought stuff it! You won't sell any now nearly a quarter of the season gone. If I ran my business like he does his job I would be bankrupt.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 5:27 pm 

What a sad state of affairs!

I had planned to sponsor a player, but the lack of updates in the programme or on the website regarding sponsors rang a few alarm bells for me.

It's just a mad way to run a business - I would absolutely love to have the general managers job with all the opportunities it brings. There is sImply no commitment to engage with fans on any level at the moment. People are offering to volunteer to assist the club, sponsor players, attract bigger attendances and help in other ways and we are not even getting the courtesy of a reply. It costs nothing to send an email or message and pence to make a phone call!

What is the matter wth these people - folk are willing to help them but they shut their ears and eyes. I note that Mr Cooper has still not logged onto this site since he registered - what is the matter with him - is he a manager who does not value his customers.

The offers of help remain and like most of us, i will continue to turn up week in and week out to support our team, but just look at fan involvement at other clubs and see what you are missing out on...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 6:24 pm 

steve-k wrote:

I had planned to sponsor a player, but the lack of updates in the programme or on the website regarding sponsors rang a few alarm bells for me.

It's just a mad way to run a business - I would absolutely love to have the general managers job with all the opportunities it brings. There is sImply no commitment to engage with fans on any level at the moment. People are offering to volunteer to assist the club, sponsor players, attract bigger attendances and help in other ways and we are not even getting the courtesy of a reply. It costs nothing to send an email or message and pence to make a phone call!

What is the matter wth these people - folk are willing to help them but they shut their ears and eyes. I note that Mr Cooper has still not logged onto this site since he registered - what is the matter with him - is he a manager who does not value his customers.

The offers of help remain and like most of us, i will continue to turn up week in and week out to support our team, but just look at fan involvement at other clubs and see what you are missing out on...

Too many questions with obvious answers here Steve ... but the lack of info in the programme isn't through want of effort by another Club stalwart I can assure you.

Sadly I think the poor bloke is way out of his depth trying to do the commercial job - you need to have front and confidence to go into businesses to sell a club and sign them up on a sponsorship deal - Carl obviously does not possess either attribute and the result is there for all to see.
The commercial side is something I do know a bit about!!!! ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18 2017 6:36 pm 

Del wrote:
steve-k wrote:

Too many questions with obvious answers here Steve ... but the lack of info in the programme isn't through want of effort by another Club stalwart I can assure you.

Sadly I think the poor bloke is way out of his depth trying to do the commercial job - you need to have front and confidence to go into businesses to sell a club and sign them up on a sponsorship deal - Carl obviously does not possess either attribute and the result is there for all to see.
The commercial side is something I do know a bit about!!!! ;)

Conspiracy theorists would say that he is doing exactly the job he was employed to do.

Stick with it folks, apathy will kill the club off