It is currently Sun Oct 22 2017 11:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16 2017 4:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25 2017 6:11 pm
Posts: 129
Nantwich Town (H)
Match scheduled for Tuesday 19 September - kick-off time: 19:45

http://www.nantwichtownfc.co.uk/

For the benefit of first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

Local weather forecast websites here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Details of previous games with these opponents here:
http://hednesfordtown.com/statistics/op ... hp?opp=238

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16 2017 5:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 16338
Nantwich won 1-0 at Shepshed in the FA Cup so it's game on...

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/match-info/tables

Six-pointer!

:roll: :twisted: :-D

_________________
Change and decay in all around I see; oh, thou who changest not, abide with me


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 2017 7:33 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1263
2 nil to Nantwich, crows 310

_________________
Hednesford Town Evostik Premier - 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 2017 8:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 26136
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/09/nantwich-town-h

Image

_________________
"Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 2017 9:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 26136
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
PITMEN 1 - 0 NANTWICH TOWN

_________________
"Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 2017 10:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25 2017 6:11 pm
Posts: 129
Tonight we played as a unit - 11 players working for each other and not themselves.

Throughout the team there were some inspired performances - Tom was brilliant getting stuck in and played a few lovely passes and if anyone ever slates Danny again, I will scream - he worked tirelessly for 90 minutes, jumping, chasing back and making some great passes into space. He fully deserved his goal.

A sign of our growing confidence was James Wren taking the ball round an attacker, then playing a decent upfield pass towards the end.

The new lads did well, only Steele frustrated me a bit. He is clearly one of those players blessed with a lot of skills, but annoyingly hangs on to the ball for too long all the time, then gives it away. Room for improvement there.

Nantwich seemed a bit powder puff at times, going down too easily. That should have been clamped down on by the ref, but he let far too much go.

All in all, 3 points well earned against decent opposition. Finally, good to hear and see Robs commitment throughout the game. Telling the assistant Ref a few rules and kicking the dugout show he actually cares...

Roll on Saturday, well played lads - proud of you tonight:)


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 4923
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
Not a pretty game and Nantwich certainly weren't the worst side I've seen this season. A tough game of few chances and whilst the goal had a touch of good fortune about it I am not going to begrudge Danny Glover his moment as he was the best player on the pitch tonight. His work rate was immense, he won countless headers and his vision and general awareness stood him out from his colleagues. Thorley and Mutton also led from the front and our new full backs slotted in well giving us added stability.

The officials were as usual poor. Cooke petulantly through the ball into. the ground in front of the ref, but received no card and a minute later Steel was booked for 'scoring' after the whistle had gone. That was just one example of the basics not being applied and it is frustrating to watch.

A welcome win and well earned as the effort was there for all too see. If we are not to be mired in mid-table mediocrity then we have to start winning at places like Mickleover on Saturday.

Well done lads


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 5:55 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 4923
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
Perton Pitman wrote:
Not a pretty game and Nantwich certainly weren't the worst side I've seen this season. A tough game of few chances and whilst the goal had a touch of good fortune about it I am not going to begrudge Danny Glover his moment as he was the best player on the pitch tonight. His work rate was immense, he won countless headers and his vision and general awareness stood him out from his colleagues. Thorley and Mutton also led from the front and our new full backs slotted in well giving us added stability.

The officials were as usual poor. Cooke petulantly through the ball into. the ground in front of the ref, but received no card and a minute later Steel was booked for 'scoring' after the whistle had gone. That was just one example of the basics not being applied and it is frustrating to watch.

A welcome win and well earned as the effort was there for all too see. If we are not to be mired in mid-table mediocrity then we have to start winning at places like Mickleover on Saturday.

Well done lads


Before any pedant corrects me, I know that it should say "threw" not "through", but I had been up since 5.30am and it was a long day.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 7:04 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 16338
Perton Pitman wrote:
Perton Pitman wrote:
Not a pretty game and Nantwich certainly weren't the worst side I've seen this season. A tough game of few chances and whilst the goal had a touch of good fortune about it I am not going to begrudge Danny Glover his moment as he was the best player on the pitch tonight. His work rate was immense, he won countless headers and his vision and general awareness stood him out from his colleagues. Thorley and Mutton also led from the front and our new full backs slotted in well giving us added stability.

The officials were as usual poor. Cooke petulantly through the ball into. the ground in front of the ref, but received no card and a minute later Steel was booked for 'scoring' after the whistle had gone. That was just one example of the basics not being applied and it is frustrating to watch.

A welcome win and well earned as the effort was there for all too see. If we are not to be mired in mid-table mediocrity then we have to start winning at places like Mickleover on Saturday.

Well done lads


Before any pedant corrects me, I know that it should say "threw" not "through", but I had been up since 5.30am and it was a long day.


You can edit posts, y'know! :twisted:

_________________
Change and decay in all around I see; oh, thou who changest not, abide with me


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 7:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 26136
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/09/hednesford-town-1-0-nantwich-town

_________________
"Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 10:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 16338
The anti-Glover brigade are notable by their absence, on both this and the other platform....

https://www.facebook.com/HednesfordTown ... CM&fref=nf

Quite interesting, though, to glance down to the reactions on there post-Workington (when I very much doubt if any of those who posted their bile were there) and note how none of those have reacted to last night's win.

The point Keith made the other day remains valid....

PitmanKeith wrote:
I just give up with people on here and social media, none of you are happy unless you can find some negativity in everything.

FFS when we win nobody posts anything when we lose it's Armageddon.

Image


... although, to be fair, we won last night and people are commenting. Perhaps the silent majority have decided it's time to speak out....

:twisted:

_________________
Change and decay in all around I see; oh, thou who changest not, abide with me


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 11:44 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 13 2016 8:40 pm
Posts: 341
Glover has always divided opinion but I've never had a bad word to say about him. He gets the goals which is what matters and puts in more effort and loyalty than 90% of the players we've had over the last 3 years.

_________________
Chips and gravy??


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 14 2016 8:37 pm
Posts: 95
thethumb wrote:
Glover has always divided opinion but I've never had a bad word to say about him. He gets the goals which is what matters and puts in more effort and loyalty than 90% of the players we've had over the last 3 years.


Danny missed a couple of sitters earlier in the season and some people got on his back. Strikers, like goalkeepers, have nowhere to hide and mistakes tend to stick in the mind in the same way as a goal or a save do.
For me there is no debate to be had about Danny Glover, simply he is one of our best players. His overall contribution last night was immense and stood out in what was overall a very good team performance.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 12:49 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1263
I don't rate Glover, that's my opinion and that's what football is about
I was nine of the gate guess for last night and that is concerning
It would have had been 320 if I was there but until things improve I will pick my games
Stern test next Tuesday as Alty are knocking them in for fun

_________________
Hednesford Town Evostik Premier - 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 12:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 18 2016 1:21 pm
Posts: 75
Highlights - ( had to upload again, sorry for any inconvenience)


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 1:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1263
thanks Dan
Best part of the game was Wren's dribble

_________________
Hednesford Town Evostik Premier - 2018


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 1:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 06 2011 7:19 pm
Posts: 479
It's been a long time since I've seen us control a game. For large parts last night that is what we did, through hard running, intelligent use of the ball and, as mentioned above, playing as a team. Thorley was back to his best and Jim and Ben were immense, putting bodies and heads in where needed. Impressed with Weir, thought his positioning was spot on and his experience showed. Wren was top class when called upon.

Second half was harder and scrappier and we sat back a bit too much I thought.

Referee was decent until his unacceptable decision not to book their player for dissent (an automatic yellow I've always thought) and then he lost the plot.


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 4:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 26136
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Thanks Dan

_________________
"Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 5:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 16338
... and thanks from me too Dan...

The curse of the totally unnecessary change of kit by the away team strikes again.... fine by me...

:twisted:

_________________
Change and decay in all around I see; oh, thou who changest not, abide with me


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20 2017 9:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2064
sheriff wrote:
I don't rate Glover, that's my opinion and that's what football is about
I was nine of the gate guess for last night and that is concerning
It would have had been 320 if I was there but until things improve I will pick my games
Stern test next Tuesday as Alty are knocking them in for fun


Alty scored 6 last night but lost 1-0 at Shildon in the FA Cup on Saturday and 5-2 at Workington last Tuesday, if you took out the 6 goals from last night, they would have scored less than we have.
I agree though, it will be a tough game, it's a mental league this season, anyone can beat anyone.

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2017. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited