It is currently Sun Oct 22 2017 7:57 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 10:39 am 

well said :clap:

meet the chairman and manager would now be appropriate

and if you can't be bothered , build Asda on the pitch you get better better value for your 11 pound

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 10:52 am 

Highlights

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 11:52 am 

Thanks yet again Dan, for filming it then having to watch it all again before giving us just the best bits....

The comment I made about Saturday (losing 50/50 challenges, conceding possession far too easily, wasting the few chances we had) x2

Some players are clearly just going through motions. One in particular is stealing a living.... but I won't name names (on here anyway) or Del will ban me

;) :twisted:

Sounds like there were a fair few Alty fans there which must have boosted the (crows) - I reckon we're down to 300 regular home fans now

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 12:37 pm 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/09/hednesford-town-0-3-altrincham

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 2:43 pm 

It is frustrating that we are going through yet another period of transition, but unlike last season I think we will be in a stronger position at the end of it. Neil Tooth was harshly dismissed but I think we will make more progress with Rob Smith at the helm. While we made a few promising signings during the summer, for me the squad lacked depth and a number of players were "filling" a place rather than providing a genuine challenge for the shirt (I won't name anyone, and they've gone now anyway!)
What has been hard to take is that other than the brief McDonald era we seem to be in a permanent state of transition for the third season in a row. The club needs a period of stability to allow a squad to evolve and frustratingly that means probably suffering yet more painful results.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 4:04 pm 

Desmond wrote:
It is frustrating that we are going through yet another period of transition, but unlike last season I think we will be in a stronger position at the end of it. Neil Tooth was harshly dismissed but I think we will make more progress with Rob Smith at the helm. While we made a few promising signings during the summer, for me the squad lacked depth and a number of players were "filling" a place rather than providing a genuine challenge for the shirt (I won't name anyone, and they've gone now anyway!)
What has been hard to take is that other than the brief McDonald era we seem to be in a permanent state of transition for the third season in a row. The club needs a period of stability to allow a squad to evolve and frustratingly that means probably suffering yet more painful results.

Spot on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 4:15 pm 

Desmond wrote:

Honestly, I will have a pint of what your drinking :x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 4:43 pm 

abacus wrote:
Desmond wrote:

Spot on

But we said all that when Neil Tooth was here and look what happened then.
You can't tell me that the squad Toothy had would performed worse than this one has against Coalville,Mickleover and Altrincham.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 4:48 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:
abacus wrote:
Desmond wrote:

Spot on

You can't tell me that the squad Toothy had would performed worse than this one has against Coalville,Mickleover and Altrincham.

Spot on

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 6:35 pm 

Have to agree with Radio Keith. After the promise and fight shown against Nantwich was not expecting us to rollover and dies like this. I have watched Hednesford for the last 25 years. This is not a Smithy team who are normally battlers and triers so lets give him a chance to rebuilt.
Wren was outstanding again Glover battling up front by himself without support.Others ( no names) are simply out of form ( remember form is temporary but class is permanent ) the rest are good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 7:56 pm 

All that can be said is that Rob Smith is the manager and I've had enough of people calling for a new manager after a handful of games. it happened with Tooth, McNally and Casey and irrespective of what people thought of them and think of Rob Smith we should get behind him and let him build.

I'm sure he knows we are crap and I'm sure he will do his best to remedy it. Changing managers every three months won't sort the club out so for pity's sake can we ALL get behind our manager and put our predujices and thoughts to one side.

If RS can't sort it out then I'd like to know who can as some people seem to revel in knocking and moaning for the sake of it (although last night was unacceptable!)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 8:35 pm 

sheriff wrote:
Desmond wrote:

Honestly, I will have a pint of what your drinking :x

I would love to get you a pint of it Sheriff but unfortunately it's on prescription and I have to drink it in front of the chemist ;)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 10:01 pm 

TMVP wrote:
Highlights

Thanks TMVP. Whilst watching the highlights I found myself shouting, "put a bleeding tackle in".

For those not at the game the highlights package did capture everything the Alty keeper had to do during the game. Seems he was not the only one not earning his money last night.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 10:27 pm 

Perton Pitman wrote:
All that can be said is that Rob Smith is the manager and I've had enough of people calling for a new manager after a handful of games. it happened with Tooth, McNally and Casey and irrespective of what people thought of them and think of Rob Smith we should get behind him and let him build.

I'm sure he knows we are crap and I'm sure he will do his best to remedy it. Changing managers every three months won't sort the club out so for pity's sake can we ALL get behind our manager and put our predujices and thoughts to one side.

If RS can't sort it out then I'd like to know who can as some people seem to revel in knocking and moaning for the sake of it (although last night was unacceptable!)

:clap: :clap:

Brilliant post, support is about sticking with it through the tough times as well as the good days.

Get off peoples backs, get behind them and give them a bit of encouragement, it works wonders!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2017 7:11 am 

An interesting point made to me yesterday by a Pitmen regular, who's certainly not a Villa fan - look what's happened there, they've given time to a manager with experience of several promotions, it needed turning around and despite many calls for his head (and believe me, I follow the AVFC Facebook page, he's been sacked a million times already), it's happening, three wins in a row and heading up the table....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2017 4:37 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:
abacus wrote:
Desmond wrote:

Spot on

I think Tooth's squad probably would have done better in those fixtures, and I thought his sacking was wrong. But I can't get away from the thought that we now have a management team capable of taking us further in the long term. I think RS would have been appointed in the summer if he had been available sooner, which given where we are now would have been better for all concerned.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2017 7:52 pm 

I thought it will end up the same way as Frank Sinclair. His last job in football management.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28 2017 10:48 pm 

thethumb wrote:
I thought it will end up the same way as Frank Sinclair. His last job in football management.

You mean the same Frank Sinclair who's just been appointed Assistant Manager at Radcliffe Borough? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2017 6:04 am 

The Beerhunter wrote:
thethumb wrote:

You mean the same Frank Sinclair who's just been appointed Assistant Manager at Radcliffe Borough? ;)

What!!?? Really!!??? Wow, proof that miracles can happen haha.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2017 6:33 am 

thethumb wrote:
The Beerhunter wrote:
thethumb wrote:

What!!?? Really!!??? Wow, proof that miracles can happen haha.

Good idea, always read "unread posts" before posting

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2651&start=570

;) :twisted:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2017 7:43 am 

I don't bother with that section of the forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29 2017 12:13 pm 

thethumb wrote:
I don't bother with that section of the forum.

You're missing all the fun!

:-D