It is currently Sun Oct 22 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 9:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 26136
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
steve-k wrote:
Please don’t slag off individual players though, more dents to their reducing confidence is the last thing they need.


I have to say I agree with Steve and wont tolerate any individual player being singled out by name for criticism - they well know how they performed/are performing and I'm sure the Manager will tell them if they are in any doubt!

Rob Smith will be expecting criticism for sure .. and he is getting it as it goes with the job.
Also, you may be somewhat surprised as to who actually does read this forum on a regular basis!

Something to think about though ... when the last TUFC Manager was 'sacked' he stated that the new manager would think he had won the lottery by inheriting a promotion winning squad - and look at the results so far!

Rebuilding takes time - and although time is short at the moment .. fans need to have faith in the Manager for a bit longer, to be calling for his head is plain stupid*

Thank you - there's no need to respond if you intend to argue! :mrgreen: :clap:
Del


* see, I'm not naming names coz you know who you are! :mrgreen:

_________________
"Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless."

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 10:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Oct 08 2011 8:12 pm
Posts: 4
Del wrote:
steve-k wrote:
Please don’t slag off individual players though, more dents to their reducing confidence is the last thing they need.


I have to say I agree with Steve and wont tolerate any individual player being singled out by name for criticism - they well know how they performed/are performing and I'm sure the Manager will tell them if they are in any doubt!

Rob Smith will be expecting criticism for sure .. and he is getting it as it goes with the job.
Also, you may be somewhat surprised as to who actually does read this forum on a regular basis!

Something to think about though ... when the last TUFC Manager was 'sacked' he stated that the new manager would think he had won the lottery by inheriting a promotion winning squad - and look at the results so far!

Rebuilding takes time - and although time is short at the moment .. fans need to have faith in the Manager for a bit longer, to be calling for his head is plain stupid*

Thank you - there's no need to respond if you intend to argue! :mrgreen: :clap:
Del


* see, I'm not naming names coz you know who you are! :mrgreen:


I don't remember a lot of people calling for Toothy's head but the club gave him the chop anyway! Not always the fans! The club is being run very poorly and has been for a few years now! Trying to keep the faith is hard when you are being served tripe week in week out for years!


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 1:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19 2016 1:54 pm
Posts: 80
We now have a manager who previously was with us for long time/won trophies and presumably wishes to repair and enhance his reputation as well as bring better times to Keys Park.
I am with Del on this one. Give them the time to sort things out.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 4:32 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 1263
lot of people out there are talking with there feet and don't give a hoot what's being said on here because they don't read it, if Rob can get rid of the deadwood and re-build for next season all well and good but this season is dead in the water and people won't watch a lost cause
Watching Hednesford is like watching Ground hog day
There is some good money to be won on betting on the Pitmen to lose, I'm having a £20 bet for us to lose Saturday

_________________
Hednesford Town Evostik Premier - 2018


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 7:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 4923
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
I watch us because Hednesford is my team and in forty years I've seen the highs and lows, but have been there to witness them first hand.

The team is crap, but fans staying away won't help anyone sort the mess out we are in.


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 8:00 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 4923
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
sheriff wrote:
lot of people out there are talking with there feet and don't give a hoot what's being said on here because they don't read it, if Rob can get rid of the deadwood and re-build for next season all well and good but this season is dead in the water and people won't watch a lost cause
Watching Hednesford is like watching Ground hog day
There is some good money to be won on betting on the Pitmen to lose, I'm having a £20 bet for us to lose Saturday



Were gates that much higher under Liam MacDonald!??


Top
   
 
 Post subject: Re: FORUM POSTINGS
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27 2017 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2064
Perton Pitman wrote:
sheriff wrote:
lot of people out there are talking with there feet and don't give a hoot what's being said on here because they don't read it, if Rob can get rid of the deadwood and re-build for next season all well and good but this season is dead in the water and people won't watch a lost cause
Watching Hednesford is like watching Ground hog day
There is some good money to be won on betting on the Pitmen to lose, I'm having a £20 bet for us to lose Saturday



Were gates that much higher under Liam MacDonald!??


Gates may not be brilliant but last night's was the second best in the Division, 34 less than Strangers.

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2017. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited