It is currently Tue Dec 12 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04 2017 8:32 am 

Witton Albion (H)
Match scheduled for Saturday 7 October - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website:
http://www.wittonalbion.co.uk/

For the benefit of first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

Local weather forecast websites here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Details of previous games with these opponents here:
http://hednesfordtown.com/statistics/op ... php?opp=22

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted.

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06 2017 8:47 pm 

There is a preview on the. club website . It appears that Platt and Lyttle have both left the club. Room for new players it appears

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 8:24 am 

Perton Pitman wrote:
There is a preview on the. club website . It appears that Platt and Lyttle have both left the club. Room for new players it appears

Lyttle has gone to Sutton

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 4:51 pm 

PITMEN 1 - 0 WITTON ALBION

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 6:46 pm 

Couldn't be there today, but well done to the lads on another three points. Eleventh place now which looks much better then ten days ago :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 7:13 pm 

A dogged performance and 3 well earned points - well done lads for sticking at the task in hand when up against 12 men. In a game of ’Airfix’ refereeing, the yellow for Melbourne at the end was absolutely absurd- Alex never went anywhere near touching his opponent!

Again we looked far more effective in the 2nd half although there were some decent spells in the 1st half when we kept the ball on the floor and played the passing game - as RS was screaming at them to do.

We still seem lightweight in midfield and need someone other than Bails who is prepared to get really stuck in for the cause.

Steady Eji played well again and it was an odd decision at the time to take him off, but it did change the way we attacked and ultimately led to the goal which was a cracker!

Danny battled hard and wins so many balls in the air for us, he never gives up chasing and working -despite the ludicrous yellow he got today.

We are certainly starting to look a bit more solid at the back - having the ever reliable Wrenny behind them is clearly giving them confidence.

Interesting that Camps was there today (with rumours abounding that we don’t deal in!). He always gives 100% and gets stuck right in - could he add that extra bit of bite to the team that we do still need.

Well done lads, it wasn’t all pretty, but there were loads of positives today as well as getting the 3 points. You battled well, kept driving forwards and kept your cool at some inept refereeing decisions. Keep going, we are proud of you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 7:42 pm 

Witton were solid and difficult to play against but we stuck to the task and got the goal we deserved. We dominated the second half possession and we were patient against a tough side.
I can't get to midweek games so this was the first game I've seen since Mickleover and I thought the new lads did really well especially Mbunga, Collins and Graham. These two new lads from Mansfield aren't your usual young lads from pro sides who are used to no contact academy football and they look the real deal for us. After a shaky start I though King really grew into the game and by the end he was absolutely everywhere. It's just a shame that these guys can only be short term signings.
It was also great to see almost the whole team applaud the fans at the end of the game, and I'm really looking forward to Workington next week.
From what I remember the goal was a brilliant team goal from one end of the pitch to the other and across, and I hope it looks as good on the video as it did on the day!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 7:44 pm 

steve-k wrote:
A dogged performance and 3 well earned points - well done lads for sticking at the task in hand when up against 12 men. In a game of ’Airfix’ refereeing, the yellow for Melbourne at the end was absolutely absurd- Alex never went anywhere near touching his opponent!

Again we looked far more effective in the 2nd half although there were some decent spells in the 1st half when we kept the ball on the floor and played the passing game - as RS was screaming at them to do.

We still seem lightweight in midfield and need someone other than Bails who is prepared to get really stuck in for the cause.

Steady Eji played well again and it was an odd decision at the time to take him off, but it did change the way we attacked and ultimately led to the goal which was a cracker!

Danny battled hard and wins so many balls in the air for us, he never gives up chasing and working -despite the ludicrous yellow he got today.

We are certainly starting to look a bit more solid at the back - having the ever reliable Wrenny behind them is clearly giving them confidence.

Interesting that Camps was there today (with rumours abounding that we don’t deal in!). He always gives 100% and gets stuck right in - could he add that extra bit of bite to the team that we do still need.

Well done lads, it wasn’t all pretty, but there were loads of positives today as well as getting the 3 points. You battled well, kept driving forwards and kept your cool at some inept refereeing decisions. Keep going, we are proud of you!

I'm not sure whether there is room in our team for Camps, and anyway, he moved to Walsall Wood to play more local football and I've already seen him say on Twitter that he is retiring at the end of the season to concentrate on work. Tyler Weir looks a solid defender and he wouldn't be making way for Camps in my team.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 8:27 pm 

I agree Lee K, no way is Tyler could be replaced. Melbourne can fill in at left back if required, I was suprised we let two right backs leave but I suppose they want to be playing.

Similar game to Tuesday's (the away kit's popular :roll: ) We stepped it up in the second half and a nice move and finish grabbed the points.

Ref was awful to the point of incompetence. Most of the bookings were a disgrace.

Can't split King and Bails for motm.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 9:17 pm 

We are now grinding out results and getting the job done, it's all starting to come together. We look like a rob smith team of old, slightly lacking in quality but making up for it with grit and determination. I have been very vocal about the poor way the tooth out/smith in manoeuvre happened but I will put it to bed as its happened and nothing can change that. If we keep putting out performances like today, results will continue to improve and the crowd will start to swell despite apathy from the club. Glover was my motm, ok he missed a good chance but never stopped getting stuck in and did some lovely flick ones for Mbunga to chase.

Ref was crap first half, he must have realised what a tw*t he was during half time and had a slightly better second half.
I don't think Campion is what we need these days, we have other areas more pressing to strengthen.
Good atmosphere in the crowd and a nice afternoon.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 9:37 pm 

Blimey 3 wins 9 points in eight days those who would normally spout negativity silenced here and Facebook what next converts?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07 2017 9:50 pm 

abacus wrote:
Blimey 3 wins 9 points in eight days those who would normally spout negativity silenced here and Facebook what next converts?

:clap:

Kingy my MotM, shading it from Bails but there were many strong performances including notably Thorley; like Lee I hadn't seen us since Mickleover, what a transformation with the injection of some quality new players, some fighting spirit, and a never-say-die attitude that certainly wasn't in evidence that day

Hope Oji is fit for Tuesday, the back 3/5 works well (and although we've been writing them off all season as the prime relegation candidate Yeltz result at Stour today again showed that anyone in this league this season can beat anyone else)

Disgraceful reffing performance, doling out yellows for incidents he hadn't even seen, just guessing based on the reaction of the cheating, diving, squealing men in grey. Northern cheats are as bad as southern softies. And while we chuckle when refs point with their little finger to tell linos which way to flag, it's better they do that than have two situations where one points one way and one flags the other. Laughable.

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08 2017 12:36 pm 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2017/10/hednesford-town-1-0-witton-albion

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 9:38 am 

Highlights

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 10:31 am 

Thanks as ever Dan

The goal bears out everything I said in my match review, Graham chasing down a seemingly lost cause; superbly-weighted pass from Thorley; ball passed into the net by Weir

You've edited out the yellow card decisions but even seeing the early foul given against Glover, readers of a certain age will wonder how that ref would have got on reffing Chelsea v Leeds in 1970

:roll: :doh: :x

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 10:35 am 

Glyn wrote:
Thanks as ever Dan

The goal bears out everything I said in my match review, Graham chasing down a seemingly lost cause; superbly-weighted pass from Thorley; ball passed into the net by Weir

You've edited out the yellow card decisions but even seeing the early foul given against Glover, readers of a certain age will wonder how that ref would have got on reffing Chelsea v Leeds in 1970

Chopper 'arris, Norman 'bites your legs' Hunter and Billy Bremner would have eaten him for lunch!

The Ref on Saturday was so out of his depth he needed a submarine ;)

Thanks as ever for the video, its great to watch back the highlights and that move for our goal was quality - keep it on the deck lads!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 4:07 pm 

Part of that goal remind me of this one:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 4:10 pm 

:clap:

It's just like watching Brazil

:-D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09 2017 7:27 pm 

steve-k wrote:
Glyn wrote:
Thanks as ever Dan

Chopper 'arris, Norman 'bites your legs' Hunter and Billy Bremner would have eaten him for lunch!

The Ref on Saturday was so out of his depth he needed a submarine ;)

Thanks as ever for the video, its great to watch back the highlights and that move for our goal was quality - keep it on the deck lads!