Moss Lane
Altrincham
Cheshire
WA15 8AP

Link to opponents official website:
http://www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at
https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27 2018 1:57 pm 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/04/match-preview-altrincham-a-2

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27 2018 2:13 pm 

Excellent!

www.altrinchamfc.co.uk/news.htm#180427beer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27 2018 5:36 pm 

This will probably be our last away match round here for some time. Shame as I've really enjoyed reconnecting with the club over the last few years.

We've chartered a special tram and should be bringing a few along.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27 2018 7:14 pm 

The main objective tomorrow will be to keep free from injury and have a run out ready for the 8th may. Have a safe journey folks!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28 2018 4:49 pm 

ALTRINCHAM 3 - 0 PITMEN

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28 2018 5:11 pm 

Hopefully no injuries today so it can be classed as job done. Keep the legs fresh for the final. I wonder if we can set up a friendly for next Saturday to keep us sharp for the following tuesday. I'm sure that preparations are well under way already behind the scenes. I would love to see a beer festival at keys park next season!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28 2018 6:45 pm 

There were no obvious injuries. Otherwise nothing to report from today: a meaningless end of season game played at half pace in front of a big crowd basking in the sunshine. We didn't have an effort on target I think.

The beer festival was good as some of the travelling support will testify to, but probably not until tomorrow morning.

The highlight for us was well after the final whistle. After a season of Luca giving sweets to Danny Glover at the end of games, Danny returned the compliment by giving him one of his chips outside the ground afterwards.

Oh, funny moment when they named Lawrie as the man of the match despite him having only come on for the last 20 minutes. If you didn't know, he's a former player there.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28 2018 11:53 pm 

Pitmanchester wrote:
There were no obvious injuries. Otherwise nothing to report from today: a meaningless end of season game played at half pace in front of a big crowd basking in the sunshine. We didn't have an effort on target I think.

The beer festival was good as some of the travelling support will testify to, but probably not until tomorrow morning.

The highlight for us was well after the final whistle. After a season of Luca giving sweets to Danny Glover at the end of games, Danny returned the compliment by giving him one of his chips outside the ground afterwards.

Oh, funny moment when they named Lawrie as the man of the match despite him having only come on for the last 20 minutes. If you didn't know, he's a former player there.

We all know Lawrie is a former Alty player, he's the one who knocked us out of the play-offs in our first season in the Conference North!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 7:27 am 

Pitmanchester wrote:

For a change it looks like Manchester was a sun-trap whilst the weather was pretty foul in the Midlands all day!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 10:55 am 

Highlights

I hope you enjoyed my work this year and I'll see you at the cup final in May

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 12:15 pm 

A big thanks to TMVP for all of his efforts and commitment (despite being messed around by the club earlier in the season).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 3:14 pm 

Perton Pitman wrote:
A big thanks to TMVP for all of his efforts and commitment (despite being messed around by the club earlier in the season).

Hear hear...

:clap:

... although with other priorities I haven't been able to summon up the time or enthusiasm to watch some of the recent "highlights"! - thanks Dan for finding it to assemble them!

:clap:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 3:44 pm 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2018/04/altrincham-3-0-hednesford-town

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 4:38 pm 

The beer festival was great :-D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 8:48 pm 

Many thanks Dan look forward to seeing your highlights of our win over Stourbridge in the BSC :clap2:

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29 2018 9:37 pm 

TMVP wrote:
Highlights

the first and third goals were particularly disappointing to concede, but we were lucky to concede just three goals in total.
I'm no expert on the Laws of the Game, but I'm sure there was a time when the second goal would have been disallowed as the ball would have to travel at least one rotation on the ground.

I'm probably wrong, but is there an expert / pedant out there who can comment?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30 2018 11:30 am 

Pitman1983 wrote:
Hopefully no injuries today so it can be classed as job done. Keep the legs fresh for the final. I wonder if we can set up a friendly for next Saturday to keep us sharp for the following tuesday. I'm sure that preparations are well under way already behind the scenes.

Better idea. Play Stourbridge in the B'ham Senior Cup Final at Villa Park next Saturday.

It's not being used, a Saturday afternoon would surely suit players and fans better, and we have a great record there!

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30 2018 7:54 pm 

Lee K wrote:
Pitmanchester wrote:

We all know Lawrie is a former Alty player, he's the one who knocked us out of the play-offs in our first season in the Conference North!

I was trying not to mention that, Lee!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30 2018 7:58 pm 

Perton Pitman wrote:
TMVP wrote:
Highlights

the first and third goals were particularly disappointing to concede, but we were lucky to concede just three goals in total.
I'm no expert on the Laws of the Game, but I'm sure there was a time when the second goal would have been disallowed as the ball would have to travel at least one rotation on the ground.

I'm probably wrong, but is there an expert / pedant out there who can comment?

I'm happy to be that pedant. I also had the same thought but if it was good enough for Ernie Hunt and Willie Carr.... Law 13 states:

"A free kick can be taken by lifting the ball with a foot or both feet simultaneously".

Another Law I've learnt this year.