It is currently Thu Oct 18 2018 6:04 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Programme - 2018/19
PostPosted: Fri May 25 2018 2:37 pm 
Site Admin

First things first, we have a great team of volunteers who help put the programme together each week - be it by contributing an article (or six), proof reading or in a number of cases both and we always try to keep things fresh from one season to the next.

I've been involved with the programme since the 2011-12 season, initially contributing a few graphics and designing a couple of page layouts and then took over the reins when Simon stood down as editor. As May turns to June my attention turns to tweaking things that I didn't like, from the design perspective, but didn't have time to alter when the season's deadlines were fast approaching. It's one thing to design and produce something we like, but obviously it's another to create something that others want to buy every other weekend.

This topic isn't to disrespect anybody who contributes to it in its current guise, goodness knows we'd be selling a 10 page 'mispolled' pamphlet if it was left to me to do it all myself. But what I would really like to know, from those who buy and read programmes at Keys Park but especially elsewhere is what bits people like, what bits they don’t like and any ideas they would have for new items (that are both doable and wouldn't mean we'd need to sell them from the top shelf at the newsagents)

Similarly if you'd like to get involved with the programme in any way, do let us know.

Post subject: Re: Programme - 2018/19
PostPosted: Fri May 25 2018 2:54 pm 

Having had discussions with Scott - I have given a lot of thought my position (ooooh matron!) and (stupidly!) decided to remain as a Programme Proofer/Editor for the coming season.

I know feelings ran/run high between some of our past regular contributors regarding certain aspects of the Club - but their articles have been excellent and have helped make our programme the best in the league by a long chalk. Hopefully they will ponder and then reconsider over the summer and once again help out with the contents and their exceptional articles.

:clap:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Sat May 26 2018 12:06 pm 

Hi Dobba and Del.

As a avid collector and reader of the HTFC programme, I must say I can not find any fault.

Yes the front design does need a tweak, and me personally would like to see more graphics/information on the kits/strips that are going to be worn for the match - both outfield and goalkeeper.

I understand that there is limitations when it comes to the graphic side, but something more prominent then just wording, I would like a picture for example.

Also is there anyway the squad sheet on the back could be improve? like the formation we are going to play on that day? like 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 5-3-2. As I find t sometimes confusing when we sign a player and the club say the player is a forward (for example) - then he plays in the 7 or 11 and on the
wing.

Yes I am a bit of a kit geek and a bit of geek with formations and positions with numbers.

But like I said I love the programme and love the remembrance day edition when the poppy is added and I can't find any fault.

Can't wait to add to my collection this forthcoming season.

Keep up the good work both you.

All the best.

PostPosted: Sat May 26 2018 7:23 pm 

The programme is great, I always buy a copy when I can. Perhaps an addition of youth team news and when we get new owners, a column for the chairman.
Please ditch councillors corner, I'm not a fan of lefties!
Keep up the fantastic work.

PostPosted: Sat May 26 2018 8:46 pm 

The programme is great always enjoy reading it, I would ditch the councillors corner and maybe replace that with a column by Tom Thorley.
Keep up the great work, easily the best programme in the league by a mile :clap:

PostPosted: Sun May 27 2018 9:25 am 

haven't purchased a programme since the Crawley game,gave all my hundreds of programmes to the club shop

PostPosted: Sun May 27 2018 10:11 am 

sheriff wrote:
haven't purchased a programme since the Crawley game

You've certainly missed some 'crackers' then :mrgreen:

Have you ever considered writing an article for us?
I'm sure you have some tales to tell! :shifty:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30 2018 2:02 pm 

Gosh, some clubs are "going early"

Sorry Ben and team, just reminding you that the day is almost upon us...

;) :twisted: