It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 1:27 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05 2019 3:01 pm 

Quote:
What is currently happening with Dave and Val doesn’t fill me with a great deal of confidence, especially when considered alongside the shenanigans that were kicking off with the travel club last week.
Just for clarification, the shenanigans as you put it have been resolved and hopefully that's the end of the matter and just to ensure there is no potential confusion the Travel Club no longer exists assume just using term as a point of reference.
With regards the pitch, agree Dave and Val are doing a great job and it's looking good today and regularly witness the amount of work they put into it to get it into shape.
There is alot of work that has been done at the club and it's ongoing and, think fans will be pleasantly supprised at what has been acheived in such a short period of time by the consortium along with the volunteers who have helped with these improvements.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05 2019 6:39 pm 

Quote:
loooool this post from last month wins comedy post of the month please keep them coming they are priceless .....the only thing I will draw from your ridiculous(yet again) comments are that that Dave and Val are priceless to your club so often the word priceless is over used but on this occasion in the realms of football and the running of a club it’s probably not a word that even holds them in enough regard ,within a week of being at the club it became apparent just how important and amazing the pair were and became top of my priority and every effort is being made to give them exactly what they need for the upkeep of the pitch ....I’m not sure what agenda you have perton pitman and whatever you come back to me with you will not convince me there is no agenda but I’m telling you now,there are not a number of youth team playing on the pitch there is the academy side and the floodlight side and the first team,the academy side play alternate weeks to the first team and the floodlight side (reserves)play
once every fortnight,so your intel picked up at the local chippy or pub I’m afraid is wrong.
I’m sure after the first game you will move on to the dislike of the new colour choice in the soon to be renamed strikers bar or the different coloured carpets in the soon to be renamed banquet suite or even the car park increase but rest assured to anyone reading the post it’s all being done to improve the future of your club .
I’ve reflected on this before responding.
Thanks for answering my question about the number of teams that will be using the pitch. If you read my post then you will see that I was seeking clarity on this so thank you once again.
However, you may wish to reflect on your tone when posting (in your eyes I’m a serial comedian on here it seems) and remember that whilst you may think I have an agenda, I can confirm that I do not.
Like the vast majority on here we want our club to thrive and survive for the next 139 years and this will only be achieved if the supporters are treated with a tad more respect. Clearly, in your eyes, some are not deserving of respect meaning that you are unable to respond in a reasonable manner to legitimate points raised around issues like the pitch and the travel club.
Another poster has made the point that people do not like change and sadly this is human nature (believe it or not!). I’ve worked in organisations where change has been handled well and badly and what I have picked up from such experiences is that change has to be delivered in a planned and sensitive manner. There will be some that resist, but I’ve yet to see a situation where responding to personal jibes and generally insulting people works.
It’s also worth remembering that many on the forum are paying supporters and yes, we are customers believe it or not! I don’t know what line of business you are in but presumably you are successful and I’m guessing that your customers get treated with a modicum of respect. Football fans are fickle in some cases, but I only support one team and I have sometimes moved heaven and earth to coin a phrase! to attend games, but at present my enthusiasm isn’t as great as it sometimes can be. I’ve got plenty of other good things in my life and I’m struggling to recount instances where I receive the stick you have given me on here.
I will keep my opinions on you to myself but you should also bear in mind that I’ve been following and supporting his club for over forty years and I’ll be here long after you’ve gone ( I’ve pinched that last part from another poster who has managed to get on your wrong side).
Good luck with your plans for the club. I’m hoping that you realise that the modern fad of Trump-esque communication may not be the way ahead. Win hearts and minds and you’ll crack it, but loyalty is a rare commodity these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05 2019 7:22 pm 

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06 2019 10:41 am 

We have had an exchange of views on here in particular about the Travel Club but that was probably as a result of initial misinformation, we have since spoken and clarified things and have since met a number of times whilst working at the ground which have been more than amicable discussions.
Unfortunately social media isn't the best medium in which to have discussions, always best to have them face to face. There was talk at Supporters Association meeting of having a fans type forum but at the time was decided at that stage too early as consortium had only just taken over, maybe in near future could possibly be looked at again?
There are many positive things happening at the club with alot having been acheived in a relatively short space of time and with other beneficial things being planned to build on these improvements. Actallty seeing these and sharing information on a face to face personal level would help to alleviate the kind of negativity that unfortunately often seems to permeate social media regardless of the subject matter.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06 2019 11:56 am 

Quote:
We have had an exchange of views on here .......
A forum is a place, situation, or group in which people exchange ideas and discuss issues, especially issues important to them.

So at least this message board is proving its worth. :clap:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06 2019 12:17 pm 

The joys of using the internet (as I keep saying to my boss at work when I email him and then he says "come in and talk to me, we don't like emails") are that you can say what you like when you like and others can read it when they like. And that there's a permanent record of it, rather than a verbal one where things said can be forgotten and/or misconstrued.

Face to face meetings are great, of course, but do depend on the various parties being in the same place at the same time.... not always easy...

Most of us on this forum are grown up enough to be able to say what we want to in a civilised manner.

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11 2019 3:28 pm 

For what it's worth, I thought Strikers Bar looked very good last night.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11 2019 5:31 pm 

Quote:
Real ales on? (cheers)

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11 2019 8:37 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Real ales on? (cheers)
Nah.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2019 6:56 am 

Posting removed by Moderator.

PM sent to author.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2019 9:27 am 

Quote:
For any one interested I was searching last night for tools to help on home made bars,I came across this superb example of a tool called the beerhunter as seen in the photo you can buy it from amazon,I would suggest you purchase it very quick tho as it seems to me to be a right tool under the right situation,yes it has its limitations as do many tools but it’s best to keep this around your property just in case and this beerhunter also comes in an extra large tool at £13.99 .
Not really sure what your problem is here.
I said that Strikers Bar looked good, which it does and that there wasn't any Real Ale which there isn't so I can't see a reason for your sarcastic reply.
Still I'm not the first long standing supporter/volunteer that you've had a go at and I probably won't be the last.
Enjoy your season.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2019 10:25 am 

Quote:
For any one interested I was searching last night for tools to help on home made bars,I came across this superb example of a tool called the beerhunter as seen in the photo you can buy it from amazon,I would suggest you purchase it very quick tho as it seems to me to be a right tool under the right situation,yes it has its limitations as do many tools but it’s best to keep this around your property just in case and this beerhunter also comes in an extra large tool at £13.99 .
Why do you have to put a post on like that?

Sounds like you are doing a lot of good work at a personal disadvantage which is very admirable. Getting in to a battle with the core fans over immaterial issues is quite frankly ridiculous.

I saw a post that said this forum was on the agenda for management team meeting?? Firstly, it is an independent forum which you have no control over. Secondly, the direct approach by club officials is heavily contributing to mood on this forum. Thirdly, if you think this forum is bad, you should have seen the one that we had before.

I am very much for change and was excited to see what the new management team could bring to the club, but at the moment I am underwhelmed with the approach. If results don't go in our favour (i.e. fighting for the play-offs at the very least) I fear the fall-out could be catastophic to the future of the club.

Please sort it out.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2019 1:47 pm 

Best of luck with your season I hope it all goes well for you .

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12 2019 10:05 pm 

Err this thread went a little off topic didn't it :shock:

Well done Dave and Val and anyone else involved on the pitch, looked top notch :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13 2019 7:41 am 

Quote:
Err this thread went a little off topic didn't it :shock:
Well done Dave and Val and anyone else involved on the pitch, looked top notch :clap:
Hopefully back on track now!

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01 2019 3:06 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04 2019 2:24 pm 

On a plus note the car park will be done next week in time for lowerstoft game work starts tomorrow .

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04 2019 2:51 pm 

Well done dave and val the pitch looks great and so does the ground it has to be one of the best grounds in non league football so proud of you all ,all we need now is some good football to match all the hard work that everyone has put in thank you all again :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09 2019 10:55 am 

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14 2019 10:53 am 

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14 2019 9:47 am 
Site Admin

Looks like a new bit of kit is on the way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14 2019 1:39 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17 2019 9:00 am 

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18 2019 7:58 am 

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18 2019 10:20 am 

It seems to make the sky a lot more blue...

;) :twisted:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next