It is currently Tue Sep 22 2020 8:56 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13 2019 9:20 pm 

Quote:
Probably not recalled at all that's just what they want the supporters to believe.
More than likely he was one of the higher paid players and its been well publicised that a wage cut has been implemented.
I am not sure what is being insinuated here but let me give precise facts:

1. I received an email from AFC Telford United on Sunday 8th December informing us that they wished to recall Andre Brown. Steve Price had been informed verbally by telephone a few days before by Gavin Cowan (Telford manager).
2. Danny Glover contacted Gavin Cowan to request that the recall be delayed until after the game against Chester FC but this was not granted.
3. AFC Telford United then informed us that the recall would be delayed until after our midweek game against Nuneaton Borough FC, which was unfortunately postponed due to the weather.
4. The formal recall notice was sent to me by email on Wednesday 11th December at 10.50am and was acknowledged by email at 11.05am
5. The recall was officially sanctioned by the FA and both clubs notified at 3.50pm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 8:43 am 

Thanks Terry.

Always good to hear the official version - just such a shame we so often find things out from other clubs rather than our own …

Like this one...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4610

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 9:01 am 

And then there's this...!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 9:24 am 

More lies from the club. Why can’t we ever be told the truth?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 9:56 am 

Quote:
More lies from the club. Why can’t we ever be told the truth?
Am I missing something here? Where are the lies, the full story is posted above.
Please enlighten me. :think:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 10:31 am 

I can’t see any lies either but I can see that we have been treated like mugs again.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 10:32 am 

Being recalled then sent out on loan elsewhere?? With the budget being slashed and players being ditched why not just say overheads are being reduced. The club pull out of the SSC with no explanation why. I guess none of this will matter when the club is sold off for building at the end of the season.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 10:39 am 

Quote:
Being recalled then sent out on loan elsewhere?? With the budget being slashed and players being ditched why not just say overheads are being reduced. The club pull out of the SSC with no explanation why. I guess none of this will matter when the club is sold off for building at the end of the season.
An explanation about the SSC was given on the official website. I don’t agree with it and I think it’s appalling but it’s still an explanation.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 10:54 am 

It’s one less match when they have to pay wages

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 10:58 am 

Quote:

There should be a rule that stops this from happening. If a player is recalled from a loan spell it shouldn’t be allowed to let him go out on loan to someone else until a reasonable time period has passed. Now we know the real reason why Brown’s recall couldn’t have been delayed because they are out of the FA Trophy and want him to play in their league match today.
Stourbridge clearly intent on flexing their financial muscles on players whilst still having no plans whatsoever to improve or move from that shit heap of a stadium.

No I haven’t forgotten the James Wren business either.

It’s probably inevitable that they will eventually buy their way into the National League North but until they do each passing season that they fail gives me great joy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 11:08 am 

Agree no lies but, once a statement is made on social media events often overtake as is the case here. Did the season long loan trigger the recall, if so was that option available to us or did existing loan arrangements prevent this?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 11:13 am 

Nothing surprises me anymore. I guess this whole arrangement suits Telford down to the ground from a financial perspective. I agree that if a player is recalled from loan early he shouldn't be allowed to be loaned out again until the original loan period had expired. In this case brown would have to stay at Telford until January. That said, I think we gave him less game time than we should have.
I think we should prepare for a few months where a few wins are scraped together so that we end up in 13th place.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 11:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
An explanation about the SSC was given on the official website. I don’t agree with it and I think it’s appalling but it’s still an explanation.
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/12 ... senior-cup

I agree with your disagreement.

And would query the word "necessary"

:evil:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 11:53 am 

Quote:
It’s one less match when they have to pay wages
I think the fact that the first free midweek would be around January 7th/8th 2020 played a big part ... the other section of the rounds would almost have reached the final by then!! :mrgreen:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 12:19 pm 

Okay guys .. having read and re-read the explanation from Club Secretary Terry McMahon regarding the recall and then re-loaning of Andre Brown I can see no form of 'lie' in his statement.

Furthermore, calling a respected Club Official a liar is, in my eyes, a breach of the forum rules and I am fed up with this happening.
Although I do not need to explain my actions to any other forum users here, I am banning Pitman 1983 for 30 days in the hope that it will give him time to reflect on the concern his posting may have caused.

If any Club Official takes the time to answer ANY queries on this forum, I would expect his/her answer to be truthful and therefore all users to accept it as so.

End of the matter ... thank you.
Del

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 12:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Stourbridge clearly intent on flexing their financial muscles on players whilst still having no plans whatsoever to improve or move from that shit heap of a stadium.
Oh goody. This old chestnut again.

Please take this question in good faith, Lee (as that's the way it's intended), but what would you do in our situation?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 1:29 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Please take this question in good faith, Lee (as that's the way it's intended), but what would you do in our situation?
Wait until Brown’s loan has ended naturally (January, was it?) and then signed him. It’s clear Telford recalled him to loan him straight to you so it appears that dirty tactics have been involved.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 2:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Probably not recalled at all that's just what they want the supporters to believe.
More than likely he was one of the higher paid players and its been well publicised that a wage cut has been implemented.
I am not sure what is being insinuated here but let me give precise facts:

1. I received an email from AFC Telford United on Sunday 8th December informing us that they wished to recall Andre Brown. Steve Price had been informed verbally by telephone a few days before by Gavin Cowan (Telford manager).
2. Danny Glover contacted Gavin Cowan to request that the recall be delayed until after the game against Chester FC but this was not granted.
3. AFC Telford United then informed us that the recall would be delayed until after our midweek game against Nuneaton Borough FC, which was unfortunately postponed due to the weather.
4. The formal recall notice was sent to me by email on Wednesday 11th December at 10.50am and was acknowledged by email at 11.05am
5. The recall was officially sanctioned by the FA and both clubs notified at 3.50pm
nice to see you on here Terry, what happened to
Enoch ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 3:13 pm 

Quote:
nice to see you on here Terry, what happened to Enoch ?
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/12 ... -borough-h

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 3:58 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
nice to see you on here Terry, what happened to Enoch ?
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/12 ... -borough-h
thanks

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 5:27 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Wait until Brown’s loan has ended naturally (January, was it?) and then signed him. It’s clear Telford recalled him to loan him straight to you so it appears that dirty tactics have been involved.
That's not what I was referring to (though FWIW, I am confident we will have complied with whatever rules apply). I was replying to your comment about the ground, which was why I quoted that particular bit.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14 2019 5:43 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's not what I was referring to (though FWIW, I am confident we will have complied with whatever rules apply). I was replying to your comment about the ground, which was why I quoted that particular bit.

The ground is a disgrace. With the many years of FA Cup money that you have done well enough to win and the clear ambition of the club, I would have thought something could or should have been done about it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15 2019 1:43 pm 

The SS version is that "Hednesford were unable to extend the (Brown) loan..."

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/fo ... ourbridge/

Of course I don't always believe what I read in the papers...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15 2019 6:26 pm 

It’s probably more accurate. Reading between the lines ( which is always fraught with danger) but I reckon we could have kept Brown longer than the original loan period , but budget restrictions may have prevented that so Telford opted to take the initiative and get it sorted before the festive break.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16 2019 4:31 pm 

No truth in the rumour that the previous Manager contacted Telford and told them that we didn't want to extend the loan then?

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 265 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 711 Next