It is currently Wed Apr 08 2020 6:28 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: CLUB FUTURE - Statement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 8:00 pm 

It is with pleasure that Hednesford Town FC have agreed a deal in principle, subject to legal completion, with two local businessmen to secure the future of HTFC and its football moving forward. It is agreed that during the interim period between now and the end of the season, whilst the legal processes are being completed, the current and future owners will work hand in hand to facilitate the transfer of ownership to ensure the smooth running of the club. 

Further updates and statements will follow towards the end of the season.

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

Post subject: CLUB FUTURE - Statement
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 8:09 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 8:13 pm 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... s-at-club/

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 8:56 pm 

Quote:
Sounds positive. The devil will be in the detail, but let's hope that they plan to take the club forwards. Boom and bust isn't the way to go, but I'm sure they are intelligent enough to know that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 9:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Sounds positive. The devil will be in the detail, but let's hope that they plan to take the club forwards. Boom and bust isn't the way to go, but I'm sure they are intelligent enough to know that.
Is it the same two that were involved in the consortium? Or two different businessmen?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 9:11 pm 

One or both of the new owners were at the quiz last Friday and have been to the majority of all home games this year

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 10:25 pm 

Quote:
One or both of the new owners were at the quiz last Friday and have been to the majority of all home games this year
Are you one of them, CowBoy?!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11 2020 11:01 pm 

Don’t get to excited I sold my last house four times and three times it fell thru!

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 5:36 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Are you one of them, CowBoy?!
No

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 6:54 am 

Quote:
Don’t get to excited I sold my last house four times and three times it fell thru!
Not like you to be 'glass half empty' Jackie! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 7:07 am 

From the legend that is el tel replying 2 a comet

you are correct m8, this is a great day for the club. New owners with a long term vision for the future have given Steve Price the exit strategy that he wanted, i.e. the club in safe hands for the next stage of it's history.
I understand the sceptics after a number of false dawns in the past but I am as sure as I can be that this is the real deal.👍

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 8:17 am 

So it's good news for the club, it's history and it's supporters!

Having been in such a similar situation before with another Club that was on the verge of folding up or just sliding into oblivion, I, for one, am well aware of the work that has been put into getting this deal off the ground. In my case this was down to a small group of people - this time it has been down to the hard work and persistence of one man, and we all know who that is.

The deal must be well advanced now for this statement to have been released and the question everyone will be asking is "Who are these two business men?" .. I'm sure the Club will tell us all as soon as possible, but many will not be aware that there has to be a period of due diligence when all the accounts are closely scrutinised by the legal teams and it is law bound not to release details until this is completed. I had to sign a confidentiality document regarding this at TU as I was helping out with the information supplied to the lawyers.
There are other checks that have to be completed too - but I really hope that we will soon be advised by the Club who will be in charge after Mr Price - and let us all hope they are of a communicative nature and will converse with their supporters, if not on this forum then at least on the Club's official website.

Onwards and upwards now - stability is slowly returning and hopefully the squad will see that as well and put in 110% against Bromsgrove on Saturday.
Be sceptical if you must - but be positive as well!

COYP :scarf:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 8:29 am 

Well said Del good man :clap:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 8:55 am 

Non disclosure agreements will be in place and we should not expect too much information until the matter is sealed but thanks to Terry for sharing his positive take on matters.(On Facebook)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 9:08 am 

Quote:
Onwards and upwards now - stability is slowly returning and hopefully the squad will see that as well and put in 110% against Bromsgrove on Saturday.
Be sceptical if you must - but be positive as well!

COYP :scarf:
You've been reading Ron Saunders' programme notes...

:twisted:

(See last para... this was a feature of every one, all 110% of them... https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2012/11/06/ ... mb-everest)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 9:10 am 

Quote:
You've been reading Ron Saunders' programme notes... :twisted:
You're obsessed! :lol:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 10:19 am 

I will wait to see what next season unfolds before attending another game at keys park

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 11:58 am 

Quote:
I will wait to see what next season unfolds before attending another game at keys park
Sheriff, I too doubt things till all is revealed but the bottom line is I am a supporter and love this club with all the passion and commitment that I first came with 58 years ago. I have sat through recent games hurting like mad but tell you what I'll still be there Saturday because I SUPPORT HTFC and always will.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 12:14 pm 

Quote:
Sheriff, I too doubt things till all is revealed but the bottom line is I am a supporter and love this club with all the passion and commitment that I first came with 58 years ago. I have sat through recent games hurting like mad but tell you what I'll still be there Saturday because I SUPPORT HTFC and always will.

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 12:56 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
I'll be there Saturday too having witnessed plenty of crap performances over 43 years of watching the club. The one against nuneaton last week was up there with the worst of them

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 1:54 pm 

With the previous Owna debacle in mind it would be reasonable to assume that the outcome of the due diligence of each party had to be in place before any announcement was made. This would leave the legal issues to be tied up following agreement on the heads of terms. The additional information shared by Terry on Facebook gives the statement some added positivity. Yes it has to be finalised. I would say this is a timely lift to supporters players and all connected with the club.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 3:47 pm 

I'm guessing that buyers of clubs tend to do more due diligence than those selling. The seller usually wants to know if the funds are in place and that's just about it.
Several clubs have changed hands over the years and the knight in shining armour hasn't lived up to expectations.
I'm sure that's not the case with us.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 4:03 pm 

I think the owners' and directors' test is being applied more and more stringently these days, and 'hopefully' will not be an issue this time around.

https://www.lawinsport.com/topics/item/ ... h-football

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12 2020 4:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13 2020 8:11 am 

HTFCSA #2