It is currently Tue Jul 07 2020 5:03 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 8:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34926
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
In response to recent posts from the new Club owners, and with their permission (well, Hayden's anyway :mrgreen: ) .. here is your chance to ask one or both any serious questions or concerns you may have regarding HTFC.

Please start your question with either HAYDEN or GRAHAM .. then fire away!

NOTE: Obviously rude or unrelated ones will be deleted and the poster possibly banned, do not ask about finances, new manager interviews or any personal issues etc - details about such things will be released if and when they are relevant.

_________________
“Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.”

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 28 2019 7:11 am
Posts: 130
Howdy Hayden/Graham

Cowboy here hope you're okay and welcome to the club

Just a few questions if you can answer them please

1.How important is the local community do you believe in helping relaunch the club? And do you have plans in place in reaching out to the local community?

2. Do you have any ideas of how we can improve the atmosphere at matches?

3.Will Eve (Physio) Dan (Hednesford Town Tv) and Mark (Kitman) be staying on for next season?

4. How regularly do you plan to communicate with fans

Thank you for reading my questions


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 9:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19 2016 1:54 pm
Posts: 202
Hi and welcome to Hayden and Graham
1)What work is planned to resolve the drainage
2)I appreciate that investment will be made and as far as possible details will unfold but as my primary wish is for a team and a club to be there to support is there a plan to safeguard for all time use of the ground for sports/community purposes
3)Ticketing prices-a good scheme is in place what is proposed and can the step above U16 to adult pricing for non students i.e. those working but low waged be reviewed especially in the current climate-I am thinking of a student discount equivalent for waged individuals under say 21 to encourage continuity of support


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 1:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Howdy Hayden/Graham

Cowboy here hope you're okay and welcome to the club

Just a few questions if you can answer them please

1.How important is the local community do you believe in helping relaunch the club? And do you have plans in place in reaching out to the local community?

2. Do you have any ideas of how we can improve the atmosphere at matches?

3.Will Eve (Physio) Dan (Hednesford Town Tv) and Mark (Kitman) be staying on for next season?

4. How regularly do you plan to communicate with fans

Thank you for reading my questions

Hello Cowboy,

Answers as follows -
1) extremely. But sadly with coronavirus it’s hard to plan at present. For now all we can ask is everyone who’s willing to help (delivering leaflets, flyers, painting you name it really) please get in touch as this club will only grow with everyone’s assistance and help.

2) yes. We’re planning on an overhaul over time. Decorating, as eating boards, new shirt design, new music in the club, as much as we can do in a short space of time. Kazoo have also confirmed they are supporting us again as a sponsor. This will help extremely also. But overall the main way is getting more people in the ground. This is definitely where we need everyone’s help to spread the word and bring more people along with them to enjoy this new chapter from the start. Every extra person that each one brings helps the club grow faster. Please we cannot ask any more than do everything everyone can to achieve this goal. 150 people which we saw as late is far to little to create a solid and great atmosphere in such a big club. We need to get back to the days of 1,000 + wherever possible.

3) Eve and Mark we have already spoken to. So we hope so yes. Dan sadly we haven’t been able to meet yet (games was postponed when we had a meeting booked in). But again we’re hoping so. We will be doing much more with the TV side down the line also as this is part of our plans. We’re working on a documentary but we’re not sure yet if we will be ale to get this rolling. Time will tell. But we’re on the case.

4) as often as possible. It’s a play it by ear. Ideally a general once a month update at a minimum, but with lots of ad hoc discussions and meetings held also.

Hope these help and is what everyone hoped to hear.

Graham :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 1:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Hi and welcome to Hayden and Graham
1)What work is planned to resolve the drainage
2)I appreciate that investment will be made and as far as possible details will unfold but as my primary wish is for a team and a club to be there to support is there a plan to safeguard for all time use of the ground for sports/community purposes
3)Ticketing prices-a good scheme is in place what is proposed and can the step above U16 to adult pricing for non students i.e. those working but low waged be reviewed especially in the current climate-I am thinking of a student discount equivalent for waged individuals under say 21 to encourage continuity of support
Hi there :)

Answers as follows -

1) we have been working with Dave and Val and have a 5 year plan set out with them. We have instructed on an increased budget for works already and works have commenced while we are in shut down. We plan to deal with the floodlights as a priority to upgrade them and then move onto the pitch.
As a drainage engineer I’m looking at the design amongst everything else. We also have other items which we can’t speak about yet but would accelerate all the works if we achieve certain things which we have been working on for a while. We have our fingers and toes crossed here. It would also be a very exciting time for us all at keys park. We will keep you all informed and let you all know ASAP if what we are planning comes to fruition.

2) not quite sure what the question here is sorry. Generally incase I get the just correct though, the ground will be used for key games only. As a sort of the pitch groundwork’s strategy I’m told we have to protect the pitch as much as possible (even limiting games allowed to be played on there each season). So we have to do as we’re advised by the experts on this. We will be trying to create a community hub here though. Which links into the events, opening the bar a lot more (even when games are not on) etc.

3) we are still to review tickets, but we agree the more we can encourage the community to attend games the better. We will create similar schemes I’m sure. But we will do it fairly so those who pay full price do not feel aggrieved. We need more people so we will be advertising and doing everything we can to bring more people to the ground at all times :)

Hope this helps and is what people would like to hear also :)

Graham :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 2:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34926
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Matchday Programme.

How do you see this developing next season? I hope you are aware that we won the programme of the year award for 2018/19 and the quality of our production for each home match is second to none, even compared to many lower league clubs!
This is all down to hours of work by a totally voluntary Editorial Team who collect and proof every item before it is passed on the Editor Ben.
Will you look at continuing with this set-up or bringing in a media team in the future?


Websites.

1) Official - Once again this is designed and run by a totally voluntary team, with the odd intervention from Terry! All the updating of results, articles and reports is done by the Press Officer Dave and me, with the designing and major technical input done by our Webmaster Ben.
Will you look at continuing with this set-up or bringing in a media team for design and updating in the future?

2) HTFCSA – This is totally separate from the Clubs official site and though they do run hand-in-hand with some things, it is mainly Moderated and run by me with the designing and major technical input done by our Webmaster Ben. I don’t think this one is really up for any discussion as it is run by the HTFCSA but I have added it in case you disagree.

In anticipation .. thanks
Del

_________________
“Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.”

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 2:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Matchday Programme.

How do you see this developing next season? I hope you are aware that we won the programme of the year award for 2018/19 and the quality of our production for each home match is second to none, even compared to many lower league clubs!
This is all down to hours of work by a totally voluntary Editorial Team who collect and proof every item before it is passed on the Editor Ben.
Will you look at continuing with this set-up or bringing in a media team in the future?


Websites.

1) Official - Once again this is designed and run by a totally voluntary team, with the odd intervention from Terry! All the updating of results, articles and reports is done by the Press Officer Dave and me, with the designing and major technical input done by our Webmaster Ben.
Will you look at continuing with this set-up or bringing in a media team for design and updating in the future?

2) HTFCSA – This is totally separate from the Clubs official site and though they do run hand-in-hand with some things, it is mainly Moderated and run by me with the designing and major technical input done by our Webmaster Ben. I don’t think this one is really up for any discussion as it is run by the HTFCSA but I have added it in case you disagree.

In anticipation .. thanks
Del
Hi Del,

We are still to discuss programmes with everyone currently involved in the process. We wish to be the best at everything. So yes we would like to keep been the best. ;)

The websites also need meetings for discussions with everyone involved. We hope these meetings will be held over the next few weeks.

We have identified improvements al around with these elements all for the positive. But everyone involved will have an input.

Regarding the two different sites we understand why, but we do need to join up more to create the one club one badge approach. As again we’ve identified some items have been used by other clubs, which has unsettled things behind the scenes.

We even wish on a separate item to discuss the travel arrangements as to be honest it’s not clear on coaches etc and costs for the season. So we wish to engage the supporters association to discuss the best way of dealing with all these items. Then agree a route forward.

Overall we are grateful of everyone’s assistant and all volunteers in the past and wish to extend this working relationship. For example we are planning a Christmas party for staff and volunteers which we have already pencilled in the diary. As a way of thanking people and giving back.

But one things for sure. It’s a journey we will all go one together. 👍👍

Hope this helps :)

Graham :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 6260
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
Welcome to both Hayden and Graham and thanks for opening yourselves up to the users of this forum.

You will be aware that the club has been in existence for 140 years (no mean feat) and for the majority of that time, like it or not, we have been a step 3 club. We have flirted with the glory years of the upper echelons of Step 2 for a while and also with the top tier for a few seasons. Running a club at a high level won't be cheap and so the challenge is to get more people through the gate every week. The club needs to make itself an attractive proposition to families (most of the hardcore fans are my age or over. I'm 53 and am probably one of the younger generation!) and to get local youngsters engaged with the club so that they bring their parents along. This is a massive undertaking for all sorts of reasons and ticket pricing is only part of a possible solution. I'd be interested to hear if there are any thoughts to remedy the current situation.

Another challenge is to secure the long term future of the club. This can only be achieved by putting in place long term covenants and protections for the ground and the club well into the future. Are there any thoughts on this? THe current fanbase and management team are mere custodians and we need to do all that we can to ensure the long term health and well being of the club and remove the constant threat of houses being built on our land or the ground being sold at a point in the distant future.

Finally, I think at our last midweek fixture you took the time to walk around the sparsely populated terraces to talk to fans and you stopped to chat with my lad and his mates. Such engagement is great and long may it continue. Be warned, you won't please everyone all of the time (reading this forum will have told you that!), but that's life.


Welcome again and good luck!


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 3:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Welcome to both Hayden and Graham and thanks for opening yourselves up to the users of this forum.

You will be aware that the club has been in existence for 140 years (no mean feat) and for the majority of that time, like it or not, we have been a step 3 club. We have flirted with the glory years of the upper echelons of Step 2 for a while and also with the top tier for a few seasons. Running a club at a high level won't be cheap and so the challenge is to get more people through the gate every week. The club needs to make itself an attractive proposition to families (most of the hardcore fans are my age or over. I'm 53 and am probably one of the younger generation!) and to get local youngsters engaged with the club so that they bring their parents along. This is a massive undertaking for all sorts of reasons and ticket pricing is only part of a possible solution. I'd be interested to hear if there are any thoughts to remedy the current situation.

Another challenge is to secure the long term future of the club. This can only be achieved by putting in place long term covenants and protections for the ground and the club well into the future. Are there any thoughts on this? THe current fanbase and management team are mere custodians and we need to do all that we can to ensure the long term health and well being of the club and remove the constant threat of houses being built on our land or the ground being sold at a point in the distant future.

Finally, I think at our last midweek fixture you took the time to walk around the sparsely populated terraces to talk to fans and you stopped to chat with my lad and his mates. Such engagement is great and long may it continue. Be warned, you won't please everyone all of the time (reading this forum will have told you that!), but that's life.


Welcome again and good luck!
Hi There,

Agreed with everything here. Sadly we can plan for the future and act upon it. What people do past our generations is in their hands. We can only set out a stall which allows a bright future.

Our plan is in continued discussions, and probably easiest explained in a general meeting as the list here is very long.

Sustainability is key, and this is what we wish to deliver via the planning application which will need everyone to support. Short term we have fixes planned, and long term it will be the deliverance of what we submit and hopefully gain planning for. This would keep the club and enhance it greatly. The revenue generated from rental space achieved can then support the club and allow it kick on successfully (based upon our due diligence, sustainable to a football league level - Div 2 and possibly 1). But like we say it takes time and we cannot promise results and promotions. We can only say this is our drive and desire. We can place everything on place and then the rest is out of our hands. So we need everyone to support the planning application in writing and at meetings when it arrives the time.

With what we propose to create a community hub and mini Wembley, the value becomes greater than that of houses alone. So one would hope that this then removes this constant concern for all. And this will deliver an experience which people want to continually return to.

With regards the fans, was your son surprised? I remember the group of youthful fans we spoke to seems surprised. But when we asked why more of the friends didn’t come down with them, they wasn’t really sure. We want to get into local schools, etc to generate the next generation of fans. I gave 4 kids myself of various years. So understand how a family feel to a club is important.

We’re open to al suggestions ;).

Ps 140 years is a huge thing. I got that one right at the quiz night for the decider. We should all be proud of this and use it to our advantage. History is important as it makes us all who we are. And also allows us to use this basis and knowledge for the future. Hence our wish to blend old and new.

Hope this helps.

Graham 🙂


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 3:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 54
With regards coach travel, assume part of discussion will be about away fans travel. Myself and other members of the previous Travel Club committee more than willing when circumstances allow to meet to discuss away travel.
Until last season it was run by volunteers since 1996 and although we are members of the Supporters Association it was separate to them and the club. Although myself and other Travel Club members have volunteered for many years at the club in particular on match days, so regard ourselves as being part of the HTFC family.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 3:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
With regards coach travel, assume part of discussion will be about away fans travel. Myself and other members of the previous Travel Club committee more than willing when circumstances allow to meet to discuss away travel.
Until last season it was run by volunteers since 1996 and although we are members of the Supporters Association it was separate to them and the club. Although myself and other Travel Club members have volunteered for many years at the club in particular on match days, so regard ourselves as being part of the HTFC family.
That’s fab. Thank you.

Yes definitely a meeting between us all will be beneficial. I’m mindful we keep very low profiles at the start to assess how things ran. But we never knew how to book on the coaches for away games. All we wish to do is encourage more to use this. Also we may be able to have a deal with a coach company as the wider picture to benefit all and reduce costs for all.

We will arrange a video conference maybe soon to discuss in greater detail if everyone’s up for that?

The volunteers are key to the running of the club overall and we want to enhance and support everyone wherever we can overall.

We’re one club one badge and a family overall 👍👍👍


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 4:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 6260
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to both Hayden and Graham and thanks for opening yourselves up to the users of this forum.

You will be aware that the club has been in existence for 140 years (no mean feat) and for the majority of that time, like it or not, we have been a step 3 club. We have flirted with the glory years of the upper echelons of Step 2 for a while and also with the top tier for a few seasons. Running a club at a high level won't be cheap and so the challenge is to get more people through the gate every week. The club needs to make itself an attractive proposition to families (most of the hardcore fans are my age or over. I'm 53 and am probably one of the younger generation!) and to get local youngsters engaged with the club so that they bring their parents along. This is a massive undertaking for all sorts of reasons and ticket pricing is only part of a possible solution. I'd be interested to hear if there are any thoughts to remedy the current situation.

Another challenge is to secure the long term future of the club. This can only be achieved by putting in place long term covenants and protections for the ground and the club well into the future. Are there any thoughts on this? THe current fanbase and management team are mere custodians and we need to do all that we can to ensure the long term health and well being of the club and remove the constant threat of houses being built on our land or the ground being sold at a point in the distant future.

Finally, I think at our last midweek fixture you took the time to walk around the sparsely populated terraces to talk to fans and you stopped to chat with my lad and his mates. Such engagement is great and long may it continue. Be warned, you won't please everyone all of the time (reading this forum will have told you that!), but that's life.


Welcome again and good luck!
Hi There,

Agreed with everything here. Sadly we can plan for the future and act upon it. What people do past our generations is in their hands. We can only set out a stall which allows a bright future.

Our plan is in continued discussions, and probably easiest explained in a general meeting as the list here is very long.

Sustainability is key, and this is what we wish to deliver via the planning application which will need everyone to support. Short term we have fixes planned, and long term it will be the deliverance of what we submit and hopefully gain planning for. This would keep the club and enhance it greatly. The revenue generated from rental space achieved can then support the club and allow it kick on successfully (based upon our due diligence, sustainable to a football league level - Div 2 and possibly 1). But like we say it takes time and we cannot promise results and promotions. We can only say this is our drive and desire. We can place everything on place and then the rest is out of our hands. So we need everyone to support the planning application in writing and at meetings when it arrives the time.

With what we propose to create a community hub and mini Wembley, the value becomes greater than that of houses alone. So one would hope that this then removes this constant concern for all. And this will deliver an experience which people want to continually return to.

With regards the fans, was your son surprised? I remember the group of youthful fans we spoke to seems surprised. But when we asked why more of the friends didn’t come down with them, they wasn’t really sure. We want to get into local schools, etc to generate the next generation of fans. I gave 4 kids myself of various years. So understand how a family feel to a club is important.

We’re open to al suggestions ;).

Ps 140 years is a huge thing. I got that one right at the quiz night for the decider. We should all be proud of this and use it to our advantage. History is important as it makes us all who we are. And also allows us to use this basis and knowledge for the future. Hence our wish to blend old and new.

Hope this helps.

Graham 🙂
Thanks for the response Graham. I'm all for being ambitious, but obviously any progress may be best achieved in baby steps as sustainability is the key. If we could establish ourselves as a permanent fixture in the Conference North within 3 years and beyond that would be massive success in my book, but this will only be achievable if local businesses and the people of the area support this.
My son was probably a little surprised at being approached, but it's worth pointing out that we (and his mates) live half an hour away and to be fair to them, I've been impressed at their willingness to attend games on freezing midweek nights after school and a game on the school astroturf pitch.
The problem with them , and I daresay the younger generation, is that some are affiliated to other clubs with one being a Wolves season ticket holder and another following Peterborough home and away. For them, Hednesford fills a gap in the week and we need to get kids thinking of Hednesford as their team as I did 40 odd years ago.
There are a lot of youngsters in Hednesford and Cannock who probably played junior football and perhaps the key is to get links between Hednesford Town and the local youth clubs. There was a time when every home fixture was attended by a local junior club providing ball boys.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 54
Hi thanks for prompt reply, this season just ended Grayshells took over the running of away travel following the Travel Club being disbanded end of last season, this was as a consequence of the committee volunteers deciding they were unable to continue running it and being unable to identify any other volunteers to take over.
Grayshells who were our coach provider agreed to continue providing away travel, operating along similar basis as the Travel Club. Offering a membership scheme whereby away travel for the season could be paid in installments plus fans being able through them book travel to individual games.
With regards next season, not sure if any discussions have taken place with Grayshells or their own intentions for next season. Assume if appropriate a starting point would be contact with them to clarify their position, they obviously also provided coach travel for the team and assume this will be subject to some form of tendering process for next season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 6:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2577
Quote:
Hi thanks for prompt reply, this season just ended Grayshells took over the running of away travel following the Travel Club being disbanded end of last season, this was as a consequence of the committee volunteers deciding they were unable to continue running it and being unable to identify any other volunteers to take over.
Grayshells who were our coach provider agreed to continue providing away travel, operating along similar basis as the Travel Club. Offering a membership scheme whereby away travel for the season could be paid in installments plus fans being able through them book travel to individual games.
With regards next season, not sure if any discussions have taken place with Grayshells or their own intentions for next season. Assume if appropriate a starting point would be contact with them to clarify their position, they obviously also provided coach travel for the team and assume this will be subject to some form of tendering process for next season.
And the details for booking on the coach were in the programme every week.

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 6:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Quote:
Hi thanks for prompt reply, this season just ended Grayshells took over the running of away travel following the Travel Club being disbanded end of last season, this was as a consequence of the committee volunteers deciding they were unable to continue running it and being unable to identify any other volunteers to take over.
Grayshells who were our coach provider agreed to continue providing away travel, operating along similar basis as the Travel Club. Offering a membership scheme whereby away travel for the season could be paid in installments plus fans being able through them book travel to individual games.
With regards next season, not sure if any discussions have taken place with Grayshells or their own intentions for next season. Assume if appropriate a starting point would be contact with them to clarify their position, they obviously also provided coach travel for the team and assume this will be subject to some form of tendering process for next season.
And the details for booking on the coach were in the programme every week.
Ahh missed that one. Good to know though so we can advertise that around the ground and online so we can ensure everyone knows 👍👍👍


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 6:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Hi thanks for prompt reply, this season just ended Grayshells took over the running of away travel following the Travel Club being disbanded end of last season, this was as a consequence of the committee volunteers deciding they were unable to continue running it and being unable to identify any other volunteers to take over.
Grayshells who were our coach provider agreed to continue providing away travel, operating along similar basis as the Travel Club. Offering a membership scheme whereby away travel for the season could be paid in installments plus fans being able through them book travel to individual games.
With regards next season, not sure if any discussions have taken place with Grayshells or their own intentions for next season. Assume if appropriate a starting point would be contact with them to clarify their position, they obviously also provided coach travel for the team and assume this will be subject to some form of tendering process for next season.
Whichever’s best for the team and fans. I will ask everyone via Terry as I’m assuming he know all the correct people to involve to a meeting to discuss the travel further. We surely want what’s best for everyone 👍👍

More fans = More Support = a louder 12th man 👍👍⚽️⚽️


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05 2020 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 73
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Welcome to both Hayden and Graham and thanks for opening yourselves up to the users of this forum.

You will be aware that the club has been in existence for 140 years (no mean feat) and for the majority of that time, like it or not, we have been a step 3 club. We have flirted with the glory years of the upper echelons of Step 2 for a while and also with the top tier for a few seasons. Running a club at a high level won't be cheap and so the challenge is to get more people through the gate every week. The club needs to make itself an attractive proposition to families (most of the hardcore fans are my age or over. I'm 53 and am probably one of the younger generation!) and to get local youngsters engaged with the club so that they bring their parents along. This is a massive undertaking for all sorts of reasons and ticket pricing is only part of a possible solution. I'd be interested to hear if there are any thoughts to remedy the current situation.

Another challenge is to secure the long term future of the club. This can only be achieved by putting in place long term covenants and protections for the ground and the club well into the future. Are there any thoughts on this? THe current fanbase and management team are mere custodians and we need to do all that we can to ensure the long term health and well being of the club and remove the constant threat of houses being built on our land or the ground being sold at a point in the distant future.

Finally, I think at our last midweek fixture you took the time to walk around the sparsely populated terraces to talk to fans and you stopped to chat with my lad and his mates. Such engagement is great and long may it continue. Be warned, you won't please everyone all of the time (reading this forum will have told you that!), but that's life.


Welcome again and good luck!
Hi There,

Agreed with everything here. Sadly we can plan for the future and act upon it. What people do past our generations is in their hands. We can only set out a stall which allows a bright future.

Our plan is in continued discussions, and probably easiest explained in a general meeting as the list here is very long.

Sustainability is key, and this is what we wish to deliver via the planning application which will need everyone to support. Short term we have fixes planned, and long term it will be the deliverance of what we submit and hopefully gain planning for. This would keep the club and enhance it greatly. The revenue generated from rental space achieved can then support the club and allow it kick on successfully (based upon our due diligence, sustainable to a football league level - Div 2 and possibly 1). But like we say it takes time and we cannot promise results and promotions. We can only say this is our drive and desire. We can place everything on place and then the rest is out of our hands. So we need everyone to support the planning application in writing and at meetings when it arrives the time.

With what we propose to create a community hub and mini Wembley, the value becomes greater than that of houses alone. So one would hope that this then removes this constant concern for all. And this will deliver an experience which people want to continually return to.

With regards the fans, was your son surprised? I remember the group of youthful fans we spoke to seems surprised. But when we asked why more of the friends didn’t come down with them, they wasn’t really sure. We want to get into local schools, etc to generate the next generation of fans. I gave 4 kids myself of various years. So understand how a family feel to a club is important.

We’re open to al suggestions ;).

Ps 140 years is a huge thing. I got that one right at the quiz night for the decider. We should all be proud of this and use it to our advantage. History is important as it makes us all who we are. And also allows us to use this basis and knowledge for the future. Hence our wish to blend old and new.

Hope this helps.

Graham 🙂
Thanks for the response Graham. I'm all for being ambitious, but obviously any progress may be best achieved in baby steps as sustainability is the key. If we could establish ourselves as a permanent fixture in the Conference North within 3 years and beyond that would be massive success in my book, but this will only be achievable if local businesses and the people of the area support this.
My son was probably a little surprised at being approached, but it's worth pointing out that we (and his mates) live half an hour away and to be fair to them, I've been impressed at their willingness to attend games on freezing midweek nights after school and a game on the school astroturf pitch.
The problem with them , and I daresay the younger generation, is that some are affiliated to other clubs with one being a Wolves season ticket holder and another following Peterborough home and away. For them, Hednesford fills a gap in the week and we need to get kids thinking of Hednesford as their team as I did 40 odd years ago.
There are a lot of youngsters in Hednesford and Cannock who probably played junior football and perhaps the key is to get links between Hednesford Town and the local youth clubs. There was a time when every home fixture was attended by a local junior club providing ball boys.
Agree. There’s a lot or merit in this.

And we definitely agree with a sustainable approach to the future. It’s football and we will always need a bit of luck along the road no matter how great a shift our boys put in. But if we do everything right as we plan and hope in the background, everything else increases our chances to deliver our end goals.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06 2020 9:09 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
Whichever’s best for the team and fans. I will ask everyone via Terry as I’m assuming he know all the correct people to involve to a meeting to discuss the travel further. We surely want what’s best for everyone 👍👍

More fans = More Support = a louder 12th man 👍👍⚽️⚽️
He does indeed, his main programme seller plus his stand in/ turnstile operator and chief floodlight fixer :-D :-D


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 12:08 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 02 2020 12:21 pm
Posts: 14
A quick question from myself to the supporters -

Both Graham and myself as well as yourselves on here have identified it is vital to find that ‘next generation’ of Hednesford Town supporters, obviously results on the field dictate some of this but just wondering if any of you have suggestions to get more supporters coming through the turnstiles at Keys Park going forward (the ballboy suggestion was an excellent one and something we will discuss and seriously consider whilst ticket prices is an area for us to explore). We of course have our ideas on this but again the more ideas we receive on this area in particular the better so we would be very interested to see if there are any thoughts we have missed or hadn’t thought of?

_________________
Haydendando@hednesfordtownfc.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 10:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 54
Quote:
A quick question from myself to the supporters -

Both Graham and myself as well as yourselves on here have identified it is vital to find that ‘next generation’ of Hednesford Town supporters, obviously results on the field dictate some of this but just wondering if any of you have suggestions to get more supporters coming through the turnstiles at Keys Park going forward (the ballboy suggestion was an excellent one and something we will discuss and seriously consider whilst ticket prices is an area for us to explore). We of course have our ideas on this but again the more ideas we receive on this area in particular the better so we would be very interested to see if there are any thoughts we have missed or hadn’t thought of?
Standing outside on most matchdays witnessed that when prices were reduced for under 16 i.e. senior cup games etc, more do come than normal matchdays when have to pay the full concession price. Club previously did 'kids for a quid' but they often attended without parents so were unsupervised, so need to ensure do anything similar especially for younger children they have to come with an adult.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 10:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 6260
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
I think it is important to have a thriving junior set up attached to the club. I don't know the current state of this, but if the club emulated the like of Stourbridge and had youngsters playing under the badge of the club at different age groups this may establish a link. Such things are hard to forge and are easily broken, but we could also replicate the day when we played Nantwich in 18/19 when the consortium came in and have a kids / family day and invite the community to a game.

The simple fact is that this will take a lot of effort from a number of people and let's face it, when you are freezing your bits off on a cold Tuesday night in February only the hardcore fans with strong ties and nothing else to do will turn up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34926
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
At TU we had a section set aside for junior visitors - Scout, Cubs & Beaver Groups, Youth Club Groups etc .. usually charging them a nominal fee admittance and including a snack lunch and maybe a small kick-about on the pitch pre-match or in the morning with portable goals to save the goal-mouth area. Having a squad player there was also an added bonus for them - we included a dressing room and ground tour as well.

'Kids for a quid' sounds great, but it puts a lot of pressure on the Security Staff as you end up with hordes of unattended kids creating havoc as they run around the ground (and we had segregation always!) , having been just dropped off at the ground by parents and then left. An adult with two kids was a far better idea, charging a single price for the three.

_________________
“Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.”

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 4:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 11 2014 10:46 am
Posts: 308
Location: Manchester
Our son has started playing in the junior section of West Didsbury & Chorlton in Manchester. The whole club is fairly new but is building a "club" first with the aim to get a stronger first team in time. They get around the same gates as we do but are using the money to develop the club rather than pay top money to players. You could say they are punching below their weight at 1st team level but there is now a junior setup from 5-18, two women's team and girls football to be established next year.

Some things they do:

- mascots. 2 per game from the juniors. You do the warm up, go in the dressing room before the game, lead the team out and act as ball boys (I think this could be broadened out so that a whole team could take part)

- junior takeover day. Kids do a lot of the match day jobs like taking money on the gate, selling food and drinks, selling programmes, raffle tickets, putting the flags out etc etc

- imaginative family themes to non league day eg bring your dog day last year, with a dog show on the pitch at half time (no there weren't any accidents that I could see!)

- kids are free in with a paying adult.

I don't think we should worry that families won't come on a freezing Tuesday night, getting more people down some of the time would be a great start.

A thriving junior section will take time unless the Newlands link can be re-established. In the meantime, the club could simply invite local junior teams down to meet the players, be mascots, ballboys, do a short skills session or penalty shoot out at half time.

Where do local junior leagues currently hold cup finals? Could Keys Park be used for that? The younger age groups won't cause much pitch damage at the end of the season I wouldn't have thought. You could have 4 games at a time. Trafford FC (who we played a few years back in the Trophy) hold a junior finals day which is apparently a massive day with hundreds there and which must bring in a fair bit of money, if the club is selling it's own food and drinks….

Or we could talk to local junior leagues and have an early season competition with the hope that people are impressed and come back.

Anyhow, it's great to hear all this positivity.

_________________
Stuart Bowman


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 5:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 2181
just like to wish you two Guys all the best on your plans for the future of HTFC
just one question have you considered a 4G pitch ?

_________________
A new future


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 7:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 05 2019 5:41 pm
Posts: 32
Hi there,
Just a couple of points i would like to make about the club shop.
1.we must be the only team to have there club shop in the away end.are there plans to move it?
2.the stock unless you wan't a old programme or shirt there is nothing new from macron in there.plus the macron sizes are hard to judge online as they come up small.are you planning more stock at the ground(club shop)
3.the club shop is closed during the game.so anybody walking to the bar or to get a burger can't pop in and have a look around on there way there. Parents might want a shirt for there child or a scarf.any plans to open all game?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2019. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]