It is currently Tue Jul 07 2020 5:41 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed May 13 2020 1:36 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Yes - Ade has meetings about this booked in ;) We are truly wishing to push all exposure to the club at every angle we can to maximise its reach to the fans (existing and new). We are also looking at televising games (although expect they would be delayed from the live game) and a separate documentary series. Many Things afoot :)
Thanks for the prompt answer Graham .. can I ask that you ensure the commentator does not have too broad a 'Midland' accent so that I can understand him/her!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
no promises...….that's me and ade out the question then :lol:

PostPosted: Fri May 15 2020 9:21 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi Graham and Ade, good to see you have an upcoming interview on Cannock Chase Radio and I will be listening on Thursday.
It may be worth your while contacting Daz Hale on Radio WM to reach a wider audience, Daz has been a good friend to HTFC over the years and his Dad has been a regular supporter of the club for a long time, maybe worth giving it a go to get your message across even more.
Good shout! And since Daz is doing his show solo for four hours (6-10am) these days, as against the three hours he usually does with a co-presenter, I'm sure he'd be glad of some sporting content to fill the airtime!

:twisted:

(I can put you directly in touch with him if you wish, and/or Terry Mc may well have his private number...)
Looks like Daz is on the case! :)

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 7:42 am 

Hi graham and ade

Hope ur well, how is it going with the redeveloped website and when do u expect it to go live
Plus can we expect anymore announcements in the coming weeks
What about pre season when do you expect it to start
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 8:32 am 

Morning :))))

The website honestly we don’t know at present. It’s in the hands of others. I would expect continual updates all year round to be honest while we make it as we want. To rival the best of them out there. So small baby steps on the updates side as we go.

Main announcements will be players now, which again covid issues slows the process down. Also it’s down to Andy Morrell to fix the team. We know that things are progressing well from that side and once in position to confirm more signings we will. We have high hopes for some things we are working on for sure and they will be good for the team for sure.

Pre season, we just don’t know atm. We’re awaiting official steer from the league. My guess is until the PL is sorted nothing will he decided. Sooner the better from our side.

We can say ASAP, we are looking to open the bar up for bar in a box and social distancing opening if we’re allowed to. Things have already been changing internally. The bar now has a new layout, the function suite is now set for a different style, the bars have been reorganised, the board room is now two rooms, one for visiting directors as league requirements and one private suite for guests, the pitch is looking superb (we’ve invested more than normal into it already and dave and val are working wonders on it), and Kevin is leading the works around the ground as we’re looking to make big changes around there. We also have our artist working on the entrances and tunnel to create mine shafts to continue our theme around the ground as we are the pitmen. Outside bars, new compound areas for maintenance, new offices, a new club shop, and new home changing rooms are all underway, we couldn’t do it without everyone who’s helping.

Hopefully we deliver something new and special to sit alongside what we deliver on the pitch.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 10:46 am 

I read some comments from clubs in the lower reaches of the EFL and it was interesting to hear those from some fans groups of these clubs. In the case of Port Vale, who have relatively new owners, it was evident that the fans of this club recognise that they owe a debt of gratitude as the club was in danger of going into administration until the new owners turned up.
There are clear parallels with our club and one comment that resonated was that this is probably as bad a time as possible to buy a club and the fans of Port Vale were seeking to support the new owners.

Have you identified any ways in which the fans of our club could provide tangible support, financial or otherwise, as you are putting a lot of effort in with little to show for it?

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 2:21 pm 

Quote:
I read some comments from clubs in the lower reaches of the EFL and it was interesting to hear those from some fans groups of these clubs. In the case of Port Vale, who have relatively new owners, it was evident that the fans of this club recognise that they owe a debt of gratitude as the club was in danger of going into administration until the new owners turned up.
There are clear parallels with our club and one comment that resonated was that this is probably as bad a time as possible to buy a club and the fans of Port Vale were seeking to support the new owners.

Have you identified any ways in which the fans of our club could provide tangible support, financial or otherwise, as you are putting a lot of effort in with little to show for it?
Hi There :)

thank you for such a supportive and positive comment. Its massively appreciated by myself and Ade. Support is always welcomed in everyway, as for sure we cannot do this alone. Certainly not in the timescales we all hope.

Financially, we have our work cut-out for the club. Given the climate at present your right it was a huge undertaking. But we are happy to take this pressure on our shoulders and pockets.

Otherwise, there's a lot we can all do.

We are asking for assistance at the club (social distancing is applied) for anyone who can help (see facebook post yesterday), which Kevin is kindly heading up. We have agreed budgets with Kevin, and he knows everything that needs to be done. As we could have a team of 30 busy for a month at the club to make all the changes needed. We really want to make as big an impact as we can this season, as if we do everything we can off the pitch this can only help what happens on the pitch. So anyone who wishes to get involved, we are around the club daily, or message Kevin to arrange what assistance can be given.

Also pushing the social media side would be huge. Sharing Posts, Liking Posts, and Tagging as many friends as possible makes a huge difference. As we hope this will equate to bums on seats at games and events. We have since the 1st May increased traffic through the facebook page alone by 23,000 people a month. Around triple of what it used to be in March & April. We all recognise that we need more fans in the ground to assist making the place work. So we need to really hammer home the changes and show people what's on offer. (I live 10 minutes away and never knew when games were or how much they were. This cannot be the case any longer. We must show the community who we are and what's on offer and when). So again please help us by pushing these items.

Also, for anyone who's involved who we haven't yet spoken to, feel free to message me, email me or come down the ground (as I personally am now based there every day). We still are dealing with a lot of items, and ive noticed some comments made. We want everyone involved, as we mean what we say #OneClubOneBadge. But we have a series of priority jobs that we have to complete (eg : FA items to name just one). We are trying so hard to get to everyone to review processes and ensure everyone's happy doing what they do. For example I worked all weekend around 10 hours a day at the club over the bank holiday. Please be patience and bear with us. We are doing everything we can to get to everyone. We also understand that the changes been mentioned may concern people. Please don't be, all changes we are looking to do are for everyone's benefit, not just the club, the staff, the fans, everyone. If anyone's involved with the club and are unsure how the changes or even takeover will affect them, please again drop me a line on grahamjones@hednesfordtownfc.com, and we will see what we can do, and also try to answer any personal questions that anyone may need to ask in email which cannot be asked in a public forum.

Hope that assists in talking through what's going on all :)

Up the Pitmen. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 5:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Hi There :)

thank you for such a supportive and positive comment. Its massively appreciated by myself and Ade. Support is always welcomed in everyway, as for sure we cannot do this alone. Certainly not in the timescales we all hope.

Financially, we have our work cut-out for the club. Given the climate at present your right it was a huge undertaking. But we are happy to take this pressure on our shoulders and pockets.

Otherwise, there's a lot we can all do.

We are asking for assistance at the club (social distancing is applied) for anyone who can help (see facebook post yesterday), which Kevin is kindly heading up. We have agreed budgets with Kevin, and he knows everything that needs to be done. As we could have a team of 30 busy for a month at the club to make all the changes needed. We really want to make as big an impact as we can this season, as if we do everything we can off the pitch this can only help what happens on the pitch. So anyone who wishes to get involved, we are around the club daily, or message Kevin to arrange what assistance can be given.

Also pushing the social media side would be huge. Sharing Posts, Liking Posts, and Tagging as many friends as possible makes a huge difference. As we hope this will equate to bums on seats at games and events. We have since the 1st May increased traffic through the facebook page alone by 23,000 people a month. Around triple of what it used to be in March & April. We all recognise that we need more fans in the ground to assist making the place work. So we need to really hammer home the changes and show people what's on offer. (I live 10 minutes away and never knew when games were or how much they were. This cannot be the case any longer. We must show the community who we are and what's on offer and when). So again please help us by pushing these items.

Also, for anyone who's involved who we haven't yet spoken to, feel free to message me, email me or come down the ground (as I personally am now based there every day). We still are dealing with a lot of items, and ive noticed some comments made. We want everyone involved, as we mean what we say #OneClubOneBadge. But we have a series of priority jobs that we have to complete (eg : FA items to name just one). We are trying so hard to get to everyone to review processes and ensure everyone's happy doing what they do. For example I worked all weekend around 10 hours a day at the club over the bank holiday. Please be patience and bear with us. We are doing everything we can to get to everyone. We also understand that the changes been mentioned may concern people. Please don't be, all changes we are looking to do are for everyone's benefit, not just the club, the staff, the fans, everyone. If anyone's involved with the club and are unsure how the changes or even takeover will affect them, please again drop me a line on grahamjones@hednesfordtownfc.com, and we will see what we can do, and also try to answer any personal questions that anyone may need to ask in email which cannot be asked in a public forum.

Hope that assists in talking through what's going on all :)

Up the Pitmen. :)
Thanks for the response. Don't assume that everyone is on Facebook :mrgreen: (my kids call me a dinosaur!)! Reaching out via more traditional methods e.g. local media, the website etc may also help a little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03 2020 10:21 am 

Understand following discussion with representatives from the Supporters Association you are possibly looking into fans away Travel. The previous Travel Club operated on the basis of arriving at the away ground two hours prior to kick off to give time to visit the local town prior to the game, this also allowed extra time in case of traffic delays.
Raise this in case not aware as it may become a point of discussion as there were opinions for and against this two hour arrival time and you could be asked about it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03 2020 4:25 pm 

Quote:
Understand following discussion with representatives from the Supporters Association you are possibly looking into fans away Travel. The previous Travel Club operated on the basis of arriving at the away ground two hours prior to kick off to give time to visit the local town prior to the game, this also allowed extra time in case of traffic delays.
Raise this in case not aware as it may become a point of discussion as there were opinions for and against this two hour arrival time and you could be asked about it.
Duly noted. 👍. We are aware and would like to run something similar. We will need to discuss this issue out of lockdown with everyone as the current provider experienced issues last season, and when asked was 80% sure they did not wish to offer their services next season due to the issues of last season. As we want everyone joined up, we feel this is something we should discuss together as a team :). (Once conditions permit).

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03 2020 5:40 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Duly noted. 👍. We are aware and would like to run something similar. We will need to discuss this issue out of lockdown with everyone as the current provider experienced issues last season, and when asked was 80% sure they did not wish to offer their services next season due to the issues of last season. As we want everyone joined up, we feel this is something we should discuss together as a team :). (Once conditions permit).
Thanks for reply, having been involved with others in running the Travel Club I am aware of the complexities and difficulties in doing so. In particular financial matters and last season there was a reduction in numbers travelling which would have had a direct impact coupled with the early ending of the season, making it's ongoing viability considerably reduced.
There always seems to have been a direct correlation between success on the pitch and number of supporters attending games in particular away games, although there is a core group of dedicated away supporters but unfortunately over the years their numbers have reduced. I am sure previous Travel Club organisers would be willing to offer advice based on our previous experience but, suffice to say it took a team of volunteers and alot of time and effort and organising throughout the season to run it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04 2020 7:47 pm 

Hiya, was thinking today, with all this social distancing and not being able to touch things etc or get to close etc, will there still be programmes and teamsheets still available to buy on match days?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04 2020 8:27 pm 

Quote:
Hiya, was thinking today, with all this social distancing and not being able to touch things etc or get to close etc, will there still be programmes and teamsheets still available to buy on match days?
These items are still to be discussed in more detail once the league provide a steer on any new rules required. We will let you know once we do 👍

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05 2020 9:32 am 

Quote:
Quote:
These items are still to be discussed in more detail once the league provide a steer on any new rules required. We will let you know once we do 👍
As someone who helps to sell programmmes on matchdays having similar thoughts, previously did online versions but know from discussions with supporters when we did many still preferred a hard copy. So if still able to provide an actual programme for those who dont want an online version know that would be very much appreciated by fans.