It is currently Tue Jul 07 2020 4:31 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 9:22 pm 

To get the younger generation through the door we need to give out free tickets to schools in the Hednesford/Cannock area, and maybe further. This is something we used to do in the conference days. Modern football is so expensive so if we can target school kids and do a decent deal for u16 or u18 even. Get a few of these kids gripped and that'll go a long way. I'm not sure if it's something you guys have seen but there's a documentary on Netflix called 'Sunderland til I die and season 2 documents when the club got took over 2 years ago and they show what they did in the community to boost their attendances.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07 2020 11:39 pm 

First of all, thanks Graham and Hayden for coming on here and sharing your vision for the Club, it's refreshing that you have done this after very little PR for supporters in recent seasons.
Congratulations to Terry Mac on his appointment as Director of Football, if you google this term the definition comes back as:
"Director of football" is a term describing a senior management figure at a football club, most commonly used in Europe. The exact nature of the role is often unclear and extremely variable and causes much debate in the sports media".
So, what do you see Terry taking on in his role?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 2020 9:09 am 

Quote:
Hi there,
Just a couple of points i would like to make about the club shop.
1.we must be the only team to have there club shop in the away end.are there plans to move it?
2.the stock unless you wan't a old programme or shirt there is nothing new from macron in there.plus the macron sizes are hard to judge online as they come up small.are you planning more stock at the ground(club shop)
3.the club shop is closed during the game.so anybody walking to the bar or to get a burger can't pop in and have a look around on there way there. Parents might want a shirt for there child or a scarf.any plans to open all game?
The club shop as with majority of the tasks undertaken on match day are done by non paid volunteer supporters who are more than willing to help but also want to watch the game. Consequently during the game the shop as you say is closed, for it to remain open unless find volunteers who do not mind not watching the game, is to pay someone to run it. That could be said of alot of the voluntary roles undertaken by supporters on matchdays but, by volunteering it provides fans with a connection to their club that they value.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08 2020 2:01 pm 

Hi All,

I will attempt below to answer/ query/ discuss some of the excellent points made so far, before I do so can I thank everybody for their ideas, comments, suggestions and questions so far. It is fantastic to see that so many people have taken their time to do so and really does bode well going forward. Anyway here goes -

Cheap Tickets for Kids

This has already been discussed as an option amongst ourselves, however again this has to be done correctly. As I run a security company and football stadia is something we are already heavily involved with I feel we would be able to deal with the security issues this may have caused previously in an acceptable manner, however what we also need to be careful of is that we have youngsters coming who genuinely want to be here supporting the club and not have parents utilising it as a cheap form of childminding. That being said I also think it would be important not to exclude younger fans from any offer we make regarding ticket prices for Juniors based on parental attendance as I think back to when I was 13/14 I used to go to football matches on a regular basis with my friends and is part of the reason I caught the 'football bug'. Overall this is an area we are going to be looking at quite extensively going forward.

One thing I will say however is that I get the point of a freezing cold Tuesday night against a smaller club for example would only see the diehards attend, however the only way to improve the number of diehard fans is to first improve the number of casual fans who attend on a warm(or at least not freezing cold) Saturday afternoon. This is the way we would then hopefully see a regular increase in all attendances as more of them catch that 'football bug' that I mentioned earlier.

We have also discussed the idea of giving tickets away to local schools and getting them involved with the club to make the wider community more involved with Hednesford Town and this is something that is very much towards the top of our 'to do list'.

Junior Clubs
Again something we are very keen on is youth development in general and having a thriving junior set up is crucial. Of course the current situation makes it even more difficult regarding getting conversations going with the junior teams however we will be very keen on strengthening the Newlands relationship. In addition to this Keenan has been in several discussions with ourselves regarding our Academy as it is important to try and create the pathway to the first team for those who show they have the ability and drive to do this. Keenan has been putting together and promoting some fantastic videos demonstrating what the Academy do as well as interviews himself etc and we will be very keen on promoting these as much as possible so those on social media please share share and share some more anything to do with this.

Junior Section
This was something we gently looked into prior to Lockdown being put in place and is still something we are considering, perhaps something of a 'family section' of the ground will be more along the lines of what we are looking at, however I think it is a brilliant idea to get more youngsters in the ground and will be something we will discuss. In addition we are already looking at improving the half time entertainment at Keys Park with competitions, kids kick abouts on the pitch relating to this etc and hopefully this will be in place by the time the new season starts.

Love the Junior take-over day idea, it isn't something we had previously thought of so it goes to show how valuable all these contributions are as whilst the practicalities of a junior take over day will need to be looked in the idea in principal is a very good one. Family style 'theme days' are perhaps something we will be looking more at the events side of the club than the footballing side, however if the two can overlap that would be most beneficial to the club.

Finally on junior sections of the club the idea relating to local cup finals was one we had mentioned briefly a couple of weeks before lockdown was brought in and is something we will still want to take up a discussion on with local junior and Sunday leagues. Obviously important consideration would have to be made in regards to the pitch etc but it is something we can most certainly look into further.

4G Pitch
This one was also raised at the supporters association meeting we attended a few weeks ago, the answer quite simply is no we aren't looking into an artificial pitch of any kind. The reason behind this is it does of course limit how far you can go as a club and I believe it limits what competitions you can enter as well. We are a football club first and foremost and whilst the benefits of a 4g pitch are of course well known and it is understandable why clubs do use them for reasons such as multiple usage etc we feel passionately about this that we want to stay as a club with a traditional and quality footballing surface which to us is grass.

Club Shop
Firstly may I thank the volunteers who run the club shop, I will come on to volunteers a little more in a second but in relation to the questions asked -
The location of the club shop is something that if supporters and volunteers feel strongly about we would be happy to look at, I can understand the question regarding it being in the 'away end' however at our level their are only a handful of segregated games at present. Of course this is something that would likely change should we progress to a higher level and as such we want to be prepared for this so it is something Graham and myself can discuss with the relevant parties once we are able to get out of lockdown and explore the options. Of course the club shop is ran by volunteers who are supporters of the club so would want to see the game as im hoping with most if not everyone inside the stadium, as a result we dont have plans to open during the game itself, there may be a discussion relating to opening at half time which we can have and see if there is enough merit in us doing this.
One question I would like to fire back in relation to the club shop is - it was mentioned that their isn't enough stock to choose from etc, what kind of things would you like too see available within the club shop? Obviously we are not promising any of them can or would be stocked as their may be several reasons for this not to happen (i.e stock levels, purchase prices and demand for example) however their may be room for manoeuvre on stock held in the club shop dependent on the items suggested.

Director of football
Firstly I want to echo Grahams earlier comments in relation to the hard work and dedication of Terry McMahon both to helping get the deal agreed for the takeover as well as for his incredibly hard work at the football club in general both recently since we have been hovering around and previously as well. Terry's knowledge of non league football is fantastic to be quite honest, his black book of contacts is vast and his name is very well respected within non league circles. We see Terry as someone who is very football focused within the board and sits on that football side, helping the first team management deciding on players to bring in within budgets due to his vast knowledge and little black book, dealing with the players welfare etc and overseeing the footballing side of the club. He already does much of this with great enthusiasm and we are genuinely excited about what Terry brings to the table.

Volunteers
I just want to briefly go back to the subject of volunteers. Quite simply football clubs at most levels outside of the football league (and indeed some inside the football league) are reliant on the hard work and commitment of the people who give up their time and expertise for free to assist a football club they love. As Graham has already mentioned on a previous post we are looking at ways to thank volunteers for their hard work as they do it for no other reason than love for this football club. The attitude and genuine passion for what they do at the club is one of the things that really drew us in, when we were coming and watching games prior to agreeing the deal with Mr Price, we saw just how much the club meant to them and we feel that they are the lifeblood of clubs. Anybody who has the time and the commitment to be able to help the club as a volunteer is more than welcome to get in touch with anybody from the club as it would be fantastic to get even more volunteers on board getting things done at our club.

Again I want to thank everybody for their questions and ideas please keep them coming (if I missed any I sincerely apologise please raise them again to me or Graham and we will come back to you).

As always at the moment stay safe.

ONE CLUB ONE BADGE

Hayden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 2020 8:46 am 

In line with this excellent new approach to communication between owners and fans - a programme column from one of you two guys would be much appreciated... other club owners/chairmen do it and it has to help forge a good relationship...

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 2020 10:16 am 

Quote:
In line with this excellent new approach to communication between owners and fans - a programme column from one of you two guys would be much appreciated... other club owners/chairmen do it and it has to help forge a good relationship...
We are 100% behind this idea, probably have to do it as an alternating column (one week Graham, one week myself) but this would be a great way for us to continue to communicate with the supporters.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 2020 11:08 am 

Hi regards club shop, depending on the availability of volunteers it has often been open prior to kick off closing during the game but open during halftime, appreciate need to review how this is managed going forward.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 2020 1:57 pm 

Quote:
Hi and welcome to Hayden and Graham
1)What work is planned to resolve the drainage
2)I appreciate that investment will be made and as far as possible details will unfold but as my primary wish is for a team and a club to be there to support is there a plan to safeguard for all time use of the ground for sports/community purposes
3)Ticketing prices-a good scheme is in place what is proposed and can the step above U16 to adult pricing for non students i.e. those working but low waged be reviewed especially in the current climate-I am thinking of a student discount equivalent for waged individuals under say 21 to encourage continuity of support
Thanks for the response
With regard to para 2 my point was to ask whether a covenant to ring fence the football facility and protect it in perpetuity against development is to form part of the proposals-no houses no development of those facilities in a short summary
I agree that unaccompanied under 16's should be allowed. I watched from 11 upwards and monitored that is an additional fan base

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09 2020 5:59 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Hi and welcome to Hayden and Graham
1)What work is planned to resolve the drainage
2)I appreciate that investment will be made and as far as possible details will unfold but as my primary wish is for a team and a club to be there to support is there a plan to safeguard for all time use of the ground for sports/community purposes
3)Ticketing prices-a good scheme is in place what is proposed and can the step above U16 to adult pricing for non students i.e. those working but low waged be reviewed especially in the current climate-I am thinking of a student discount equivalent for waged individuals under say 21 to encourage continuity of support
Thanks for the response
With regard to para 2 my point was to ask whether a covenant to ring fence the football facility and protect it in perpetuity against development is to form part of the proposals-no houses no development of those facilities in a short summary
I agree that unaccompanied under 16's should be allowed. I watched from 11 upwards and monitored that is an additional fan base
Hi there :)

To answer this as it’s not a simple answer.

It’s the proposed development will naturally do this. When we extend and build the gym, tv gantries, offices, shop etc around the ground (as long as we get the planning and everyone supports the application) this makes the value of the ground as a football club outweigh by a considerable way any possible development for houses.

It also will support the club from revenues it would generate for many years to come (probably past my life time anyways).

Therefore this is the route we are choosing to go down as we want a sustainable, deliverable and most importantly a successful football club.

We want to ensure the club becomes a viable interest only for the club at all times. The best way and only true way to do this is taking the club up the leagues via a sustainable route.

Due to my legal background I know any covenant can always easily be worked around you see. But values cannot.

Hope this helps in reassuring you all and clarifies why we are seeking to go down this path.

Graham :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 2020 8:31 am 

Agree and take your point in respect of a covenant, as you are probably aware there was previously one associated with the ground and as I understand this has long since been nullified.
Your plans are both ambitious and exciting in equal measure and sure fans will want them to succeed planning willing and, when hopefully they do happen it will help to secure the long term viability of the club and football at Keys Park, therefore negating any need to try and place legal restrictions albeit ones no doubt that could be overcome.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 2020 9:11 am 

I believe that a covenant not time limited but in perpetuity along with planning conditions would work well for all. It would give every reason for fans to fully support an application and local residents to know planning is limited and reduce reasons to object and current and future owners the ability to demonstrate their values as enshrined in such a proposal. The effectiveness of the terms may sometimes only be as watertight as the spirit of the intention but nevertheless still good reason to openly display to everyone that the values are intended to be binding.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 2020 10:43 am 

as to the footballing side, we will need a sturdy defence good attacking options and hit the ground running to attract support back

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 2020 1:46 pm 

Quote:
as to the footballing side, we will need a sturdy defence good attacking options and hit the ground running to attract support back
Add a strong midfield and a world-class keeper and I think we've cracked it mate

;) :-D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10 2020 9:05 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Add a strong midfield and a world-class keeper and I think we've cracked it mate

Jose Veiga played international football, didn't he? ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11 2020 11:44 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jose Veiga played international football, didn't he? ;)
:clap: :-D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12 2020 5:14 pm 

I know we've mentioned admission and ticket prices but (and I know I bang on about this every season) how about some sort of Early Bird Season Ticket offer?
Other clubs do this every season and it would be one way of getting some extra money into the club in these unprecedented times.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12 2020 5:20 pm 

Quote:
I know we've mentioned admission and ticket prices but (and I know I bang on about this every season) how about some sort of Early Bird Season Ticket offer?
Other clubs do this every season and it would be one way of getting some extra money into the club in these unprecedented times.
Great idea. We will review the financial plan and see if we can offer something.

We’re also thinking of a season ticket with a new first team home shirt offer. Do we think there would be a big uptake if we introduced such an offer?

Gra :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12 2020 7:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Great idea. We will review the financial plan and see if we can offer something.

We’re also thinking of a season ticket with a new first team home shirt offer. Do we think there would be a big uptake if we introduced such an offer?

Cheers for the quick reply.
I think a shirt /season ticket combo would be popular. Although I'm a polo shirt man.... :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12 2020 8:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Cheers for the quick reply.
I think a shirt /season ticket combo would be popular. Although I'm a polo shirt man.... :)
It's a good idea - lets hope the season starts in August as planned, but...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13 2020 7:46 pm 

Hi Hayden and Graham I just want to say thank you for buying the club the last couple years have not been too good but it's good now you 2 can bring some positivity to the club and I really looking forward to next season UTP

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13 2020 7:47 pm 

When about will there be a manager in place roughly?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13 2020 8:30 pm 

Quote:
When about will there be a manager in place roughly?
Thanks for the warm welcome. :)

To answer I would expect soon, we are still in the middle of the process. But don’t expect it will take much longer before it’s all finalised, and we can make announcements etc. All depends on what happens unexpectedly (if anything or nothing) to how long it will take as it’s imperative that we have completed full due diligence on all candidates and making sure they are the right fit for what we are all looking for. Some great CVs to date have been received though 👍

Rest assured as soon as we can announce the appointment we will :)

Exciting times for us all ⚽️⚽️⚽️

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 8:42 am 

Hayden/Graham,
Hi, as regards looking for a new manager I would like to ask the following.
Have you got a set type of manager in mind, are you looking for a successful manager at this level and above or maybe an up and coming manager from a lower level with a good track record.
I ask this question because we have had ELEVEN managers / caretaker managers in the last 10 years a couple of successful ones but quite frankly the rest were disastrous / panic appointments.
And when you look that Rob Smith was manager for six of those seasons it looks even worse.
So I am just interested to know what your strategy will be for short listing applicants.
To hit the ground running when we are able to restart will be of paramount importance.
Once again thank you both for your openness and honesty shown to us fans.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:04 am 

Couldn't agree more about the need to get younger supporters through the gates ... based on a recently received image, apart from the handsome chap on the right ... (I rest my case!) :mrgreen:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:15 am 

Is that the three stooges I can see :-D
Quote:
Couldn't agree more about the need to get younger supporters through the gates ... based on a recently received image, apart from the handsome chap on the right ... (I rest my case!) :mrgreen:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next