It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 3:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:35 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Is that the three stooges I can see :-D
Quote:
Couldn't agree more about the need to get younger supporters through the gates ... based on a recently received image, apart from the handsome chap on the right ... (I rest my case!) :mrgreen:

Image
I smell a hint of a new calendar 🤔👍


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Hayden/Graham,
Hi, as regards looking for a new manager I would like to ask the following.
Have you got a set type of manager in mind, are you looking for a successful manager at this level and above or maybe an up and coming manager from a lower level with a good track record.
I ask this question because we have had ELEVEN managers / caretaker managers in the last 10 years a couple of successful ones but quite frankly the rest were disastrous / panic appointments.
And when you look that Rob Smith was manager for six of those seasons it looks even worse.
So I am just interested to know what your strategy will be for short listing applicants.
To hit the ground running when we are able to restart will be of paramount importance.
Once again thank you both for your openness and honesty shown to us fans.
We would love to say more at present but we can’t I’m afraid. But your right we want someone who’s right for the job, the team and the fans. We definitely aren’t doing this as a panic appointment though. As this is something we have been speaking about since January In the background.

We have assessed all options, from a complete new manager young and hungry (but no track record), to solid stable managers at this level, to proven managers at higher levels but a good understanding and knowledge of our level, to huge names with managerial experience.

Rest assured whoever is selected it will be the person who fits our club and our ambitions, who we feel they can deliver what we seek. A sustainable, progressive and successful team. 🤞👍


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2444
Quote:
Quote:
Hayden/Graham,
Hi, as regards looking for a new manager I would like to ask the following.
Have you got a set type of manager in mind, are you looking for a successful manager at this level and above or maybe an up and coming manager from a lower level with a good track record.
I ask this question because we have had ELEVEN managers / caretaker managers in the last 10 years a couple of successful ones but quite frankly the rest were disastrous / panic appointments.
And when you look that Rob Smith was manager for six of those seasons it looks even worse.
So I am just interested to know what your strategy will be for short listing applicants.
To hit the ground running when we are able to restart will be of paramount importance.
Once again thank you both for your openness and honesty shown to us fans.
We would love to say more at present but we can’t I’m afraid. But your right we want someone who’s right for the job, the team and the fans. We definitely aren’t doing this as a panic appointment though. As this is something we have been speaking about since January In the background.

We have assessed all options, from a complete new manager young and hungry (but no track record), to solid stable managers at this level, to proven managers at higher levels but a good understanding and knowledge of our level, to huge names with managerial experience.

Rest assured whoever is selected it will be the person who fits our club and our ambitions, who we feel they can deliver what we seek. A sustainable, progressive and successful team. 🤞👍
Thanks Graham


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 9:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2444
Quote:
Quote:
Is that the three stooges I can see :-D
Quote:
Couldn't agree more about the need to get younger supporters through the gates ... based on a recently received image, apart from the handsome chap on the right ... (I rest my case!) :mrgreen:

Image
I smell a hint of a new calendar 🤔👍
I note the younger one sitting on the left is keeping his distance from the old fogies. :lol:


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 10:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Quote:
I note the younger one sitting on the left is keeping his distance from the old fogies. :lol:
The fact that you have ball number 21 in your hand ...... ! :mrgreen:

_________________
“Do what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.”

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15 2020 5:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2577
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is that the three stooges I can see :-D
Quote:
Couldn't agree more about the need to get younger supporters through the gates ... based on a recently received image, apart from the handsome chap on the right ... (I rest my case!) :mrgreen:

Image
I smell a hint of a new calendar 🤔👍
I note the younger one sitting on the left is keeping his distance from the old fogies. :lol:
No wonder the gates are down ;)

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 10:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05 2016 10:18 pm
Posts: 63
Morning all. On the the club shop topic. It would be nice to have a club shop that is open during the week. So you can pop in daily. yes I know it's volunteers and yes I know you can go to the office - when its open. Good idea about moving the club shop... But to which end? I like the old programmes, as it helps with my collection, but yes definitely need more stock i.e. samples from Macron store Cardiff and easier ways to order via the club shop. Need more stock i.e. badges, stickers, hats, scarfs, car kits etc also need contactless payments, pop up stores/stalls have that it etc. All the best Hayden & Graham and thank you.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Aug 05 2016 10:18 pm
Posts: 63
Also at the meeting in February you mentioned you want to bring more business in, it be nice to get fairs here. Like programmes fairs - this is how I became aware of Hednesford town and if it worked for me, it could work for others? Also what about things like vegan fairs? Me and my wife use to go to some and that would get the Hednesford Town FC name out there. Just two ideas. All the best again.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 11:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Stone
Hello Graham, welcome to the club and thank you for giving is the opportunity to ask you about your vision for the club.

After hearing the news of the takeover, and reading this thread, I'm now as excited for the future of the club as I've been for years (after discovering the club during that infamous cup run), so thank you :)

One issue that affects us as longer distance fans (who have to drive to home games) is the drastic shrinking of the car park in recent times. Do you have any plans for accommodating parking for what will hopefully be a growing fan base? Present capacity just about suits our current state of affairs, but hopefully attendances will be on the up in coming seasons. Would a formal agreement with local businesses be on the cards, perhaps?

All the best

Graeme


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 11:49 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Stone
Quote:
Morning all. On the the club shop topic. It would be nice to have a club shop that is open during the week. So you can pop in daily. yes I know it's volunteers and yes I know you can go to the office - when its open. Good idea about moving the club shop... But to which end? I like the old programmes, as it helps with my collection, but yes definitely need more stock i.e. samples from Macron store Cardiff and easier ways to order via the club shop. Need more stock i.e. badges, stickers, hats, scarfs, car kits etc also need contactless payments, pop up stores/stalls have that it etc. All the best Hayden & Graham and thank you.
Maybe the club shop could be absorbed into the bar area? There would be no need for it to be a dedicated service then, and other personnel might be able to help out with sales as and when during the week.

Also it wouldn't require a dedicated trip during home games, and that home shirt might look even more tempting after a beer or two ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Morning all. On the the club shop topic. It would be nice to have a club shop that is open during the week. So you can pop in daily. yes I know it's volunteers and yes I know you can go to the office - when its open. Good idea about moving the club shop... But to which end? I like the old programmes, as it helps with my collection, but yes definitely need more stock i.e. samples from Macron store Cardiff and easier ways to order via the club shop. Need more stock i.e. badges, stickers, hats, scarfs, car kits etc also need contactless payments, pop up stores/stalls have that it etc. All the best Hayden & Graham and thank you.
Hi There,

Eventually the club shop will hopefully move to roughly where the burger van sits on the left access. It will have a access door from the front and within the ground with the till in the middle to stop people just walking through on game days.

I have agreed a deal with Macron, who will be supplying a full set of sizes for people to try on also before they buy/order online. So they know it fits as I had noted the comments about sizes.

Also we will be increasing stock in the shop.

Not sure that we will be able to open the shop not at game times yet, but there will be people at the ground reception who can process any purchases, and we will increase the ease of seeing this is available. So effectively it will be open at all times pretty much :)

Macron are currently assisting me directly with the new shirt design. Once ready it will be available for preorders.

hope this helps :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Also at the meeting in February you mentioned you want to bring more business in, it be nice to get fairs here. Like programmes fairs - this is how I became aware of Hednesford town and if it worked for me, it could work for others? Also what about things like vegan fairs? Me and my wife use to go to some and that would get the Hednesford Town FC name out there. Just two ideas. All the best again.
thanks for the suggestions. Yes a food fair is definitely on our agenda. who doesn't like food eh :)

Probally have a beer festival too.

Were just working up the list of events, as we wish to try and advertise them to give you all as much notice as possible to attend and buy tickets (where needed on specific events).

We are also working on, online entertainment (esports, spot the ball etc), concerts, various day events (BASC, 4x4, food fairs etc), comedy nights, ladies nights, disco nights. You name it really.

The first event will be meet the new team (including the new manager).

Then we will host a meet the commercial team, where everyones ideas will be welcomed, and they can explain where they are at, what they will be doing etc. As we want to involve you all.

We want to become the hub of sports and entertainment for the area,

We will also be opening the bar at none game times, such as Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and sundays. Sky TV & BT will be on, so we want to become a social gathering place also.

We are the pitmen :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:21 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Quote:
Also at the meeting in February you mentioned you want to bring more business in, it be nice to get fairs here. Like programmes fairs - this is how I became aware of Hednesford town and if it worked for me, it could work for others? Also what about things like vegan fairs? Me and my wife use to go to some and that would get the Hednesford Town FC name out there. Just two ideas. All the best again.
thanks for the suggestions. Yes a food fair is definitely on our agenda. who doesn't like food eh :)

Probally have a beer festival too.

Were just working up the list of events, as we wish to try and advertise them to give you all as much notice as possible to attend and buy tickets (where needed on specific events).

We are also working on, online entertainment (esports, spot the ball etc), concerts, various day events (BASC, 4x4, food fairs etc), comedy nights, ladies nights, disco nights. You name it really.

The first event will be meet the new team (including the new manager).

Then we will host a meet the commercial team, where everyones ideas will be welcomed, and they can explain where they are at, what they will be doing etc. As we want to involve you all.

We want to become the hub of sports and entertainment for the area,

We will also be opening the bar at none game times, such as Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and sundays. Sky TV & BT will be on, so we want to become a social gathering place also.

We are the pitmen :)
concerts & huge comic names also, to do stadium gigs we are looking to put on also. :) sorry nearly missed those.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Hello Graham, welcome to the club and thank you for giving is the opportunity to ask you about your vision for the club.

After hearing the news of the takeover, and reading this thread, I'm now as excited for the future of the club as I've been for years (after discovering the club during that infamous cup run), so thank you :)

One issue that affects us as longer distance fans (who have to drive to home games) is the drastic shrinking of the car park in recent times. Do you have any plans for accommodating parking for what will hopefully be a growing fan base? Present capacity just about suits our current state of affairs, but hopefully attendances will be on the up in coming seasons. Would a formal agreement with local businesses be on the cards, perhaps?

All the best

Graeme
total right. At present, we have looked at the maximum parking arrangement possible, and can accommodate 240 cars and 2 coaches roughly. if working to a different layout than exists at present. but as time passes we will monitor this and see if we need to tie together with other local businesses, to increase parking on game days and events. As we do expect this will be needed. :)

We have also done a deal for a car valeting service to be offered game days. so you can all have your car booked in for washes should anyone wish to while watching the games, or at events :)

Really exciting times ahead :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 12 2013 6:03 pm
Posts: 751
Location: Stone
Great, thanks very much (and the valet idea is brilliant!) What better excuse to watch a game? ;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 12:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Great, thanks very much (and the valet idea is brilliant!) What better excuse to watch a game? ;)
anything to give us all an excuse to sit and watch the games, and have a beer or coffee together ;) :-D


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 1:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 28 2019 7:11 am
Posts: 131
Have u thought Graham/hayden of doing a promo video for the new home/away kit?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16 2020 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Have u thought Graham/hayden of doing a promo video for the new home/away kit?
we would love to, but because of coronavirus, im been told that the supply of the kit will be cutting it fine to supply ready for preseason (assuming a normal start). But just do able.

We will do our official photo shoot with the new kit all at the same time, along with our new manager :)

It will be a thing of beauty though. Blending the old with the new, and a celebration of our 140 years.

We're really excited to see the final product.

Videos, is something we are looking at to however. As we want to have a larger presence.

Im also trying to land a deal for a TV documentary....….we will know down the line if this comes off however, as again coronavirus has scuppered some things we wanted to do this season.

BIG BIG PLANS AHEAD :)


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17 2020 7:35 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Dec 17 2011 4:12 pm
Posts: 65
In the article when the club who you two are it was said about mini Wembley does that mean you want to expand the stadium


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17 2020 8:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
In the article when the club who you two are it was said about mini Wembley does that mean you want to expand the stadium
Hi there, Yes we do :)

We are planning office space above the stands as they are, glass fronted with viewing gantries in them, tv gantries, classrooms, a new club shop, new purpose built food stands, a shop, gym and maybe restaurant. All obviously subject to planning. But none will interfere with the current running of the club. We have tabled the outline design at the first supporters association meeting and will hold a general meeting to meet us to everyone once we’re out of lock down. There we will again bring the plans prior to making a planning application.

The idea is that the revenue generated by these uses comes back to the club, and allows the club to grow. It will take a long time. But the sooner the better really. Based upon calculations and due diligence, this would sustain a league 1 club easily. And we have plans what to do to kick on once we’re there also, to progress further again. It’s a journey and although we can put these things into place, sadly it will never guarantee 3 points every game. But we can try for this and put everything into place to progress as quickly as possible.

The above will only happens though if everyone supports us in this proposal and our journey. So we will need everyone to write in support of the scheme once it’s into planning.

It will become a community hub used by all. And all uses will compliment each other. It will
Look like a mini Wembley eventually.

This blends my knowledge and experience in the sector together with our joint football love. A match made in heaven for us.

We’re excited about the future. We hope you are too :) 👍


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18 2020 5:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:44 am
Posts: 22204
Had an interesting discussion with a fellow long-time Pitmen fan earlier about the trend towards "cashless" (I believe that Tottenham's new stadium operates on this basis and there may be others...)

They operate at a far higher level than us (at the moment ;) ) and the prices are far higher of course - and we may be some way off this at Keys Park just yet... (I do recall a FCUM fan asking me when I was on car park duty for the Play-off final if we had a cash machine... as if....)

But it did raise the issue as regards the matchday experience at Keys Park that...

on arrival by car you find cash to pay to park;

outside the stadium you find cash to buy a programme (some of us have long believed that these should be on sale inside the ground, as they are at most);

at the turnstile you find cash to pay for admission;

you can then find cash to buy a 50/50 draw ticket if you choose to do so;

and on it goes for food and drink, whether at the refreshment caravans or the bar, and in the club shop; and so on...

Just wondering gents if there are plans to adopt technological progress, whilst accepting that for some fans "cashless" would remain a dirty word, despite current trends, especially in the Covid-19 crisis...

_________________
Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18 2020 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Had an interesting discussion with a fellow long-time Pitmen fan earlier about the trend towards "cashless" (I believe that Tottenham's new stadium operates on this basis and there may be others...)

They operate at a far higher level than us (at the moment ;) ) and the prices are far higher of course - and we may be some way off this at Keys Park just yet... (I do recall a FCUM fan asking me when I was on car park duty for the Play-off final if we had a cash machine... as if....)

But it did raise the issue as regards the matchday experience at Keys Park that...

on arrival by car you find cash to pay to park;

outside the stadium you find cash to buy a programme (some of us have long believed that these should be on sale inside the ground, as they are at most);

at the turnstile you find cash to pay for admission;

you can then find cash to buy a 50/50 draw ticket if you choose to do so;

and on it goes for food and drink, whether at the refreshment caravans or the bar, and in the club shop; and so on...

Just wondering gents if there are plans to adopt technological progress, whilst accepting that for some fans "cashless" would remain a dirty word, despite current trends, especially in the Covid-19 crisis...
Great points and in a word over time, we will offer either service.

Im already on the case to bring in more mobile cashless points "tap & Pay" as we speak. I understand we have 1 at present, and were looking at 3 to 4 minimum.

Over time this will increase a lot more.

Club Shop, Bars, Parking, Gates on entry should all have this option ideally.

I tend not to carry cash to so totally understand this.

very good points though and great that this is raised, as for example this may put people off buying items of any sort at the club. As cash people carry tends to be for emergency use on the odd occasion we find.

:)


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18 2020 8:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 55
Regards programmes as usually just myself, it's initially easier to sell outside than in the ground as catch most people as arrive and also meet and greet fans in particular new/away fans give them directions etc. Programmes are available in the club shop and I do go around the ground selling them just after kick off, if not outside ie raining usually inside by turnstiles. No problem if fans prefer buy them inside but probably need designated programme stalls either ends of the ground.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18 2020 8:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3846
Quote:
Regards programmes as usually just myself, it's initially easier to sell outside than in the ground as catch most people as arrive and also meet and greet fans in particular new/away fans give them directions etc. Programmes are available in the club shop and I do go around the ground selling them just after kick off, if not outside ie raining usually inside by turnstiles. No problem if fans prefer buy them inside but probably need designated programme stalls either ends of the ground.
Yes, if fans want to buy a programme they are given ample opportunity to do so, you work hard inside and outside the ground selling them.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18 2020 9:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
definitely one we need to look at and agree the best way of doing the sales. Need to look after everyone who contributes their time for the club, as its greatly appreciated. :) Thank you.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2019. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]