It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 1:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 8:20 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Cash v Card is not an easy one -

I never take a credit card out with me unless I am specifically going to purchase an expensive item ... fuel, beer supplies etc, as I was targetted by a pick pocket a couple of years ago and had mine stolen with a fair amount spent (refunded eventually) before I could stop it being used. Now with this 'tap to pay' idea you have no option than to carry that sort of card, I didn't request one it was just sent and I am not in favour of them. Normally I just take a minimum amount of cash with me for an ice-cream or the likes!

I never took a card to Plainmoor nor to KP when I have visited, cash only because then you know exactly how much you need - parking, admission, programme, pie so could budget just for that. Having a card means it is easy to lose track of spending!

Just my opinion.

_________________
โ€œDo what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.โ€

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 8:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 2181
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space

_________________
A new future


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:51 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Cash v Card is not an easy one -

I never take a credit card out with me unless I am specifically going to purchase an expensive item ... fuel, beer supplies etc, as I was targetted by a pick pocket a couple of years ago and had mine stolen with a fair amount spent (refunded eventually) before I could stop it being used. Now with this 'tap to pay' idea you have no option than to carry that sort of card, I didn't request one it was just sent and I am not in favour of them. Normally I just take a minimum amount of cash with me for an ice-cream or the likes!

I never took a card to Plainmoor nor to KP when I have visited, cash only because then you know exactly how much you need - parking, admission, programme, pie so could budget just for that. Having a card means it is easy to lose track of spending!

Just my opinion.
Donโ€™t worry until such time the uk turns card only (which eventually I think as a country we will many years away from now) there will always be an option to pay with cash ๐Ÿ‘


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Quote:
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space
If you team up with Pukka Pies they send a big case to the Commercial Manager to try, a couple of each variety, before you actually make a deal with them. They also supply heaters and other equipment, including aprons for staff. Very well organised!! :clap:

_________________
โ€œDo what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.โ€

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space
We will have this covered with the new food stands down the line for sure. Also, weโ€™re looking to offer more
Options at the bar ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Quote:
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space
If you team up with Pukka Pies they send a big case to the Commercial Manager to try, a couple of each variety, before you actually make a deal with them. They also supply heaters and other equipment, including aprons for staff. Very well organised!! :clap:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Quote:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
You can share them around!!
Commercial Director?? If he has a name I can update the Club website now.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/club

_________________
โ€œDo what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.โ€

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 10:26 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 9:45 am
Posts: 2444
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space
If you team up with Pukka Pies they send a big case to the Commercial Manager to try, a couple of each variety, before you actually make a deal with them. They also supply heaters and other equipment, including aprons for staff. Very well organised!! :clap:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
No shame in that chaps, I've got about a dozen Pukkas stockpiled in the freezer during this crisis. :twisted: :-D :-D


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 10:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Quote:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
You can share them around!!
Commercial Director?? If he has a name I can update the Club website now.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/club
Weโ€™re saving them back for now, while everything gets sorted we need. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

We will roll them out in due course however officially along with the other roles we have sorted, events managers, scouts, to name a few ๐Ÿ‘โšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธ


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25 2020 6:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 28 2019 7:11 am
Posts: 131
Graham/ Hayden

When can we expect any more news to be announced


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25 2020 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
Graham/ Hayden

When can we expect any more news to be announced
We hope end of next week. Weโ€™re working on a lot at present. Weโ€™re hoping to release the following soon -

Commercial Director (we have got our man and heโ€™s working on bits in the background atm)
Assistant manager
Ticket prices for next season and plenty of deals
Club partners (probably start to release these details in a week or so, however we have agreed 5 deals in principle at present which are main club partners)

For a taster also the kit is currently under design too. Hopefully a thing of beauty.

over the coming month or two we will announce our events we will be rolling out, the friendlies (once we have categoric guidance so we can firm these up, and the squad (andys busy working on this also).

As soon as lockdown ends also and we can open the bar, we will also be holding a general open meeting for all to attend and come and talk to us as a general update.

We canโ€™t wait for the season to commence.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 9:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
With the fixture season now over for us ... officially ending yesterday, April 25th, does that mean that the Club is now 100% owned by Graham and Haydon - and that Steve and Carol Price have relinquished all holdings?

Cheers. :clap:

_________________
โ€œDo what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.โ€

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 2181
we may not see a next season yet

_________________
A new future


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
With the fixture season now over for us ... officially ending yesterday, April 25th, does that mean that the Club is now 100% owned by Graham and Haydon - and that Steve and Carol Price have relinquished all holdings?

Cheers. :clap:
We are still planned to take the reigns officially next Friday. Other than that we canโ€™t speak about the legals. ๐Ÿ‘. Apologises.

Myself, Ade, Steve, Carole and Terry are all working very hard to ensure a smooth transition. No hiccups are expected. We will announce as soon as that part is finalised. But all is well on track and Steve is working closely with myself to ensure all is as planned.

Wish the season started on the 2nd May ๐Ÿ™‚


๐Ÿ‘


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:24 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Apr 04 2020 2:20 pm
Posts: 75
Quote:
we may not see a next season yet
We can but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We all must remain positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Weโ€™re confident there will be one. We may have to do work arounds to apply social distancing etc to start with, however weโ€™re planning for all eventualities to ensure if at all possible we can deliver games with fans in attendance. Failing that we would look at streaming games and creating a channel for the Pitmen. ๐Ÿ‘


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:29 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 23 2016 5:25 pm
Posts: 2181
thanks Graham

_________________
A new future


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 17 2011 8:42 am
Posts: 34928
Location: Marldon, Paignton, Devon
Quote:
We are still planned to take the reigns officially next Friday. Other than that we canโ€™t speak about the legals. ๐Ÿ‘. Apologises.

Myself, Ade, Steve, Carole and Terry are all working very hard to ensure a smooth transition. No hiccups are expected. We will announce as soon as that part is finalised. But all is well on track and Steve is working closely with myself to ensure all is as planned.

Wish the season started on the 2nd May ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘
Image

_________________
โ€œDo what is right, not what is easy nor what is popular.โ€

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 3:19 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 01 2019 1:03 pm
Posts: 55
Quote:
Quote:
we may not see a next season yet
We can but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We all must remain positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Weโ€™re confident there will be one. We may have to do work arounds to apply social distancing etc to start with, however weโ€™re planning for all eventualities to ensure if at all possible we can deliver games with fans in attendance. Failing that we would look at streaming games and creating a channel for the Pitmen. ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for update, depending on any new social distancing rules and fans actually being allowed to attend matches.
We have the advantage of such a large stadium which makes it easier for fans to keep their distance from each other based on previous attendances in any intervening period whilst current situation persists.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 9:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:56 pm
Posts: 6261
Location: Perton , South Staffs obviously
Quote:
Quote:
we may not see a next season yet
We can but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We all must remain positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Weโ€™re confident there will be one. We may have to do work arounds to apply social distancing etc to start with, however weโ€™re planning for all eventualities to ensure if at all possible we can deliver games with fans in attendance. Failing that we would look at streaming games and creating a channel for the Pitmen. ๐Ÿ‘
I've watched a couple of interviews with journalists on this very subject and the point made was that players cannot distance themselves socially, so you will have 30 odd players, the officials and the respective management teams potentially mingling at close quarters. THat's probably 50 people at each fixture which is 500 across each league for each round of fixtures.
I don't think football at our level will resume until social distancing is consigned to the bin.
I remain optimistic that a resolution will be found.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27 2020 8:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 05 2019 5:57 pm
Posts: 11
If restrictions are put in place on the amount of fans allowed into the ground is limited, an idea would be to allow season ticket holders in only. With this in mind it could boost season ticket sales. I doubt with the size of our ground it would really matter though.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27 2020 2:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Oct 09 2011 11:23 am
Posts: 3846
Quote:
If restrictions are put in place on the amount of fans allowed into the ground is limited, an idea would be to allow season ticket holders in only. With this in mind it could boost season ticket sales. I doubt with the size of our ground it would really matter though.
The last sentence of your post was the only sentence I agree with.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30 2020 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 19 2016 1:54 pm
Posts: 202
Quote:
If restrictions are put in place on the amount of fans allowed into the ground is limited, an idea would be to allow season ticket holders in only. With this in mind it could boost season ticket sales. I doubt with the size of our ground it would really matter though.
Would send the wrong message to limit to season ticket holders only as it would alienate those who would otherwise be regulars but not( be able to ) buy a season ticket-
We may yet see a very restricted season and potentially if say only able to play teams once that would impact on the price-would expect that if a shortened season is on the cards then all clubs would have to accept no promotion/relegation too-will have to wait and see.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri May 01 2020 3:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 02 2020 12:21 pm
Posts: 14
Whilst we of course do not know what the authorities plans will be in regards to next season we will of course ensure that we follow government guidelines in respect of the number of supporters allowed in to the ground to watch any game we are working on a number of different plans to fit the various scenarios that may occur and will of course continue to move this with a fluidity to them to allow for any changes that may happen even once the decisions are announced by the relevant authorities.

_________________
Haydendando@hednesfordtownfc.com


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 02 2020 6:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 30 2011 7:46 pm
Posts: 2577
Are there any plans to give out any Player of the Season awards?
Although this may be difficult to organise (polls on here and facebook or nominations by e-mail?),the players have lost their appearances and goals stats for this year so it would to recognise their efforts in some way.

_________________
Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble, Grubb.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat May 02 2020 6:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue May 28 2019 7:11 am
Posts: 131
Other clubs have been doing this via zoom online chat thing bob,

Clubs like Chester and Telford


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

All times are UTC+01:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
All content is viewed and used by you at your own risk and we do not warrant the accuracy or reliability of any of the information available.
The views expressed are those of the individual members and not necessarily those of Hednesford Town Football Club or the Supporters Association.
By using and viewing this site, you agree to the full site terms and conditions.

Copyright © 2011-2019. HTFCSA.
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
[ GZIP: Off ]