It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 1:32 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 8:20 am 

Cash v Card is not an easy one -

I never take a credit card out with me unless I am specifically going to purchase an expensive item ... fuel, beer supplies etc, as I was targetted by a pick pocket a couple of years ago and had mine stolen with a fair amount spent (refunded eventually) before I could stop it being used. Now with this 'tap to pay' idea you have no option than to carry that sort of card, I didn't request one it was just sent and I am not in favour of them. Normally I just take a minimum amount of cash with me for an ice-cream or the likes!

I never took a card to Plainmoor nor to KP when I have visited, cash only because then you know exactly how much you need - parking, admission, programme, pie so could budget just for that. Having a card means it is easy to lose track of spending!

Just my opinion.

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 8:50 am 

on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:51 am 

Quote:
Cash v Card is not an easy one -

I never take a credit card out with me unless I am specifically going to purchase an expensive item ... fuel, beer supplies etc, as I was targetted by a pick pocket a couple of years ago and had mine stolen with a fair amount spent (refunded eventually) before I could stop it being used. Now with this 'tap to pay' idea you have no option than to carry that sort of card, I didn't request one it was just sent and I am not in favour of them. Normally I just take a minimum amount of cash with me for an ice-cream or the likes!

I never took a card to Plainmoor nor to KP when I have visited, cash only because then you know exactly how much you need - parking, admission, programme, pie so could budget just for that. Having a card means it is easy to lose track of spending!

Just my opinion.
Donโ€™t worry until such time the uk turns card only (which eventually I think as a country we will many years away from now) there will always be an option to pay with cash ๐Ÿ‘

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:52 am 

Quote:
on the subject of food, we should build our own snack shop, many clubs do this and sell a variety of food,not just burgers and chips, would also make a profit to, there's plenty of space
If you team up with Pukka Pies they send a big case to the Commercial Manager to try, a couple of each variety, before you actually make a deal with them. They also supply heaters and other equipment, including aprons for staff. Very well organised!! :clap:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:52 am 

Quote:
We will have this covered with the new food stands down the line for sure. Also, weโ€™re looking to offer more
Options at the bar ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:54 am 

Quote:
Quote:
If you team up with Pukka Pies they send a big case to the Commercial Manager to try, a couple of each variety, before you actually make a deal with them. They also supply heaters and other equipment, including aprons for staff. Very well organised!! :clap:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 9:56 am 

Quote:
Great suggestion apart from our waist lines lol. Have you seen myself, Hayden and our commercial director ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. I wouldnโ€™t say any of us are on the slim side ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ
You can share them around!!
Commercial Director?? If he has a name I can update the Club website now.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/club

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 10:26 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No shame in that chaps, I've got about a dozen Pukkas stockpiled in the freezer during this crisis. :twisted: :-D :-D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19 2020 10:31 am 

Quote:
Quote:
You can share them around!!
Commercial Director?? If he has a name I can update the Club website now.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/club
Weโ€™re saving them back for now, while everything gets sorted we need. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

We will roll them out in due course however officially along with the other roles we have sorted, events managers, scouts, to name a few ๐Ÿ‘โšฝ๏ธโšฝ๏ธ

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25 2020 6:17 pm 

Graham/ Hayden

When can we expect any more news to be announced

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25 2020 6:48 pm 

Quote:
Graham/ Hayden

When can we expect any more news to be announced
We hope end of next week. Weโ€™re working on a lot at present. Weโ€™re hoping to release the following soon -

Commercial Director (we have got our man and heโ€™s working on bits in the background atm)
Assistant manager
Ticket prices for next season and plenty of deals
Club partners (probably start to release these details in a week or so, however we have agreed 5 deals in principle at present which are main club partners)

For a taster also the kit is currently under design too. Hopefully a thing of beauty.

over the coming month or two we will announce our events we will be rolling out, the friendlies (once we have categoric guidance so we can firm these up, and the squad (andys busy working on this also).

As soon as lockdown ends also and we can open the bar, we will also be holding a general open meeting for all to attend and come and talk to us as a general update.

We canโ€™t wait for the season to commence.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 9:55 am 

With the fixture season now over for us ... officially ending yesterday, April 25th, does that mean that the Club is now 100% owned by Graham and Haydon - and that Steve and Carol Price have relinquished all holdings?

Cheers. :clap:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 10:50 am 

we may not see a next season yet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:21 am 

Quote:
With the fixture season now over for us ... officially ending yesterday, April 25th, does that mean that the Club is now 100% owned by Graham and Haydon - and that Steve and Carol Price have relinquished all holdings?

Cheers. :clap:
We are still planned to take the reigns officially next Friday. Other than that we canโ€™t speak about the legals. ๐Ÿ‘. Apologises.

Myself, Ade, Steve, Carole and Terry are all working very hard to ensure a smooth transition. No hiccups are expected. We will announce as soon as that part is finalised. But all is well on track and Steve is working closely with myself to ensure all is as planned.

Wish the season started on the 2nd May ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:24 am 

Quote:
We can but plan for the worst and hope for the best.

We all must remain positive ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Weโ€™re confident there will be one. We may have to do work arounds to apply social distancing etc to start with, however weโ€™re planning for all eventualities to ensure if at all possible we can deliver games with fans in attendance. Failing that we would look at streaming games and creating a channel for the Pitmen. ๐Ÿ‘

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 11:29 am 

thanks Graham

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 12:05 pm 

Quote:
We are still planned to take the reigns officially next Friday. Other than that we canโ€™t speak about the legals. ๐Ÿ‘. Apologises.

Myself, Ade, Steve, Carole and Terry are all working very hard to ensure a smooth transition. No hiccups are expected. We will announce as soon as that part is finalised. But all is well on track and Steve is working closely with myself to ensure all is as planned.

Wish the season started on the 2nd May ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ‘

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 3:19 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Weโ€™re confident there will be one. We may have to do work arounds to apply social distancing etc to start with, however weโ€™re planning for all eventualities to ensure if at all possible we can deliver games with fans in attendance. Failing that we would look at streaming games and creating a channel for the Pitmen. ๐Ÿ‘
Thanks for update, depending on any new social distancing rules and fans actually being allowed to attend matches.
We have the advantage of such a large stadium which makes it easier for fans to keep their distance from each other based on previous attendances in any intervening period whilst current situation persists.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26 2020 9:15 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

I've watched a couple of interviews with journalists on this very subject and the point made was that players cannot distance themselves socially, so you will have 30 odd players, the officials and the respective management teams potentially mingling at close quarters. THat's probably 50 people at each fixture which is 500 across each league for each round of fixtures.
I don't think football at our level will resume until social distancing is consigned to the bin.
I remain optimistic that a resolution will be found.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27 2020 8:39 am 

If restrictions are put in place on the amount of fans allowed into the ground is limited, an idea would be to allow season ticket holders in only. With this in mind it could boost season ticket sales. I doubt with the size of our ground it would really matter though.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27 2020 2:55 pm 

Quote:
If restrictions are put in place on the amount of fans allowed into the ground is limited, an idea would be to allow season ticket holders in only. With this in mind it could boost season ticket sales. I doubt with the size of our ground it would really matter though.
The last sentence of your post was the only sentence I agree with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30 2020 1:51 pm 

Quote:
Would send the wrong message to limit to season ticket holders only as it would alienate those who would otherwise be regulars but not( be able to ) buy a season ticket-
We may yet see a very restricted season and potentially if say only able to play teams once that would impact on the price-would expect that if a shortened season is on the cards then all clubs would have to accept no promotion/relegation too-will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Fri May 01 2020 3:23 pm 

Whilst we of course do not know what the authorities plans will be in regards to next season we will of course ensure that we follow government guidelines in respect of the number of supporters allowed in to the ground to watch any game we are working on a number of different plans to fit the various scenarios that may occur and will of course continue to move this with a fluidity to them to allow for any changes that may happen even once the decisions are announced by the relevant authorities.

PostPosted: Sat May 02 2020 6:09 pm 

Are there any plans to give out any Player of the Season awards?
Although this may be difficult to organise (polls on here and facebook or nominations by e-mail?),the players have lost their appearances and goals stats for this year so it would to recognise their efforts in some way.

PostPosted: Sat May 02 2020 6:16 pm 

Other clubs have been doing this via zoom online chat thing bob,

Clubs like Chester and Telford

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next