It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 2:30 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28 2020 10:12 am 

The first part of a very interesting interview with new manager Andy Morrell can be found here.

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2020/04 ... l-part-one

The three part interview with our new manager gives an interesting insight on his views and thoughts for the future, plus a look back at his past career.

Thanks to Press Officer Dave Chamberlain

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28 2020 5:29 pm 

loan players, no thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28 2020 5:46 pm 

Quote:
loan players, no thanks
Short term as stated no, longterm/season loans then okay, balance would be between the length of any loan and the number in the squad. Utilised loans well before but too many especially short term has had a negative impact previously, although at times cant be avoided i.e. urgent need for replacement goalkeeper.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28 2020 8:16 pm 

I think he came across as very sensible. Unless the owners are prepared to bankroll the club to unrealistic levels (which I don't expect them to) then the use of long term loan players is a sensible move. The only caveat that I would make is that we shouldn't sign up 18 year olds. Apart from Bursik, I can't think of anyone who added anything to our squad over the past few years.
Andre Brown was a good example of a loan player who could add something to the squad and that should be the strategy we should follow if we can.
There are clubs in the Conference and Conference North who will have squads large enough to be able to loan good quality players out - Carline had a spell at AP Leamington last season for example.

It is good that expectations are not raised to unrealistic levels. The new owners are finding their feet, they are rightly focusing on off the field activities which will take time to filter through so that the effects can be seen on the pitch.

Good to see that Danny Glover is highly thought of. He was my player of the season for 19/20 by a country mile.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29 2020 9:08 am 

Quote:
loan players, no thanks
Loans are an inevitable part of non-league football in 2020 whether you like it or not; it’s the quality of the player and the terms and conditions of the loan that are the issue, not the fact of it being a loan. Recent loan recruitment by and large has admittedly been pretty poor by signing ineffective duffers, youngsters terrified of making a tackle or being screwed over by the T&Cs of the parent club when it suits them (Telford I’m looking at you). But we have had great success in the loan market previously - Dunkley, Clements, Johnson, Graham, the aforementioned Bursik and Brown to name a few in recent times - one or two shrewd long-term loans are absolutely fine so long as you aren't reliant on them like we have been in recent times

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29 2020 1:49 pm 

Until the full effects of this world health emergency are known and a plan to emerge from lockdown is possible then firstly the start date of a new season is uncertain but also the financial impact in this instance on football clubs will probably mean smaller squads and players are going to have to look at playing at levels previously they may not have considered. That may mean less loans need to take place.
France indicating that no sport will take place until September(at the earliest) is not a good sign and most clubs of lower level leagues cannot as has been said on here function without gate receipts.
That said we have had benefit of loan players but as ever the success ratio is mixed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29 2020 4:10 pm 

E&S article

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... potential/

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]