It is currently Tue Apr 13 2021 5:08 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1416 Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 10:34 am 

Quote:
Quote:
To avoid cancellation, perhaps the only option may end up being to play each team just once.
The talk going around in official circles wad to split the league into two, East and West, then decide who goes up via play-offs between the two.
An interesting thought - presumably games already played against teams in the other area , e.g. our fixtures against Royston, Lowestoft and Rushden would be wiped from the records, and those that we have played against Stratford, Stourbridge, Coalville and Banbury would remain on record????

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 11:29 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To avoid cancellation, perhaps the only option may end up being to play each team just once.
The talk going around in official circles wad to split the league into two, East and West, then decide who goes up via play-offs between the two.
An interesting thought - presumably games already played against teams in the other area , e.g. our fixtures against Royston, Lowestoft and Rushden would be wiped from the records, and those that we have played against Stratford, Stourbridge, Coalville and Banbury would remain on record????
I would assume the thinking would be to scrap games already played and start again with a 20 game mini season Jan - May. But who really knows. What would be totally unpalatable would be to null and void again imo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 2:10 pm 

Quote:
South Staffs Cricket League did something similar this summer, starting in Mid July.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 3:08 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
South Staffs Cricket League did something similar this summer, starting in Mid July.
Indeed we did, but it was agreed at the outset that there was to be no promotion or relegation. All divisions, with the exception of the top tier, were arranged on geographical lines and as a result there were some mis-matches.

London and parts of the SE are going into tier 3 from Wednesday morning. That might scupper plans to re-start football at our level anytime soon.

I notice that Telford are allowed 2000 fans in for the their game against Chester on the 26th - a bit bizarre given that we are allowed 300 only and our ground is roughly the same size as the New Bucks Head.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 3:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Indeed we did, but it was agreed at the outset that there was to be no promotion or relegation. All divisions, with the exception of the top tier, were arranged on geographical lines and as a result there were some mis-matches.

London and parts of the SE are going into tier 3 from Wednesday morning. That might scupper plans to re-start football at our level anytime soon.

I notice that Telford are allowed 2000 fans in for the their game against Chester on the 26th - a bit bizarre given that we are allowed 300 only and our ground is roughly the same size as the New Bucks Head.
As it stands they're in Tier 2 and we in Tier 3.

I'm sure my friends and relatives who live in Salop can't wait to flock to the NBH...

:roll:

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14 2020 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

As it stands they're in Tier 2 and we in Tier 3.

I'm sure my friends and relatives who live in Salop can't wait to flock to the NBH...

:roll:
Indeed they are in tier 2, but allowing 2000 people into a football ground when it probably holds 4000 - 5000 seems a bit non-sensical, especially when some of the biggest stadia in the country have the same limit applying to them.

You are either telling people to distance or not!

The one glimmer of hope for us is that the government appears to be distinguishing between local govt areas within the same county.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 6:22 am 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 10:51 am 

Just an Ollie Baylis tweet that the Northern Premier league are starting some fixtures this week end with a full set of fixtures on the 26th and will then continue the season the southern league continues to Faff around

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 10:53 am 

Quote:
Just an Ollie Baylis tweet that the Northern Premier league are starting some fixtures this week end with a full set of fixtures on the 26th and will then continue the season the southern league continues to Faff around
...or we are forced back into another lockdown in mid-January. Who knows what the future holds, but it is interesting to see the NPL break ranks with the other leagues.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 11:24 am 

Yet here we stand awaiting even been told when our next discussion will be 🤦‍♂️

Good job we plan for all eventualities.

One things for sure, as long as we are allowed to play football, we will find a way of delivering this to you our fans. 👍

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 12:38 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
...or we are forced back into another lockdown in mid-January. Who knows what the future holds, but it is interesting to see the NPL break ranks with the other leagues.
Perton Christmas is just around the corner it’s the time of goodwill and cheers people up so please try and join in the festive activities and look forward to the future positively.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year :-D :drink: (cheers) :scarf:

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15 2020 4:10 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Perton Christmas is just around the corner it’s the time of goodwill and cheers people up so please try and join in the festive activities and look forward to the future positively.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year :-D :drink: (cheers) :scarf:
And the same to you Jackie! (cheers) :drink:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 4:39 pm 

Update

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 4:43 pm 

Quote:
Update

Shocking - pisspot league

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 5:17 pm 

No consistency across the leagues, festive period is a time when alot of clubs rely on to generate substantial income but now being denied that, and no grant's just offers of loans, complete shambles!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 5:51 pm 

First of all the Government and FA don't want us to play, then they do and even today increase the amount of fans allowed in even at Tier 3. Now it seems the league don't want us to play, I really don't get what's going on here.
The only thing I can see coming now is there will be no Southern League next season as all the clubs will have gone bust.

If the Northern Premier can start up this weekend why can't we?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 7:00 pm 

Quote:
First of all the Government and FA don't want us to play, then they do and even today increase the amount of fans allowed in even at Tier 3. Now it seems the league don't want us to play, I really don't get what's going on here.
The only thing I can see coming now is there will be no Southern League next season as all the clubs will have gone bust.

If the Northern Premier can start up this weekend why can't we?
It isn't clear what has gone on in the NPL, but evidently some clubs have lobbied the league - those in Cheshire, Cumbria and Merseyside are in tier 2 and so can have 600 / 400 in at games. Some clubs haven't had a say if Toothy's tweet is anything to go by so it looks like there is no evidence of a democratic process in place.

More clubs in the SPL and virtually all in the Ryman League are now in tier 3.

It still isn't clear how many people can be allowed into games following an apparent change of the ruling by the FA. If the numbers have gone up for tier 3 clubs then it is more workable, but clubs have to lobby the league to take a vote if that is what they want.

Clearly our club does not believe that 300 is sustainable and those clubs that have non-contracted players would see non-fixed costs ramp up on matchdays and the financial position of clubs would deteriorate.

i'm not noticing any politicans getting involved in the debate - there are plenty of clubs at our level and below dotted across the country, but the political classes don't seem bothered about them and their importance to local communities

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17 2020 7:46 pm 

This will all be a moot point if Christmas and New Year lead to more infections and more significant lockdown in January. That seems the most likely scenario to me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 7:51 am 

Quote:
This will all be a moot point if Christmas and New Year lead to more infections and more significant lockdown in January. That seems the most likely scenario to me.
As you were saying...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... i=14813358

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 8:07 am 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 8:28 am 

... and meanwhile players are getting restless...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 11:04 am 

Quote:
These kind of insights into the governance of football oop north backs up my (and other people’s) long-held view on here that the NPL is a terribly amateurish organisation, heavily influenced by the Lancashire/Yorkshire closed shop of member clubs; a governing body best avoided unless you’re well off and a short commute from Manchester.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 7:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
As you were saying...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... i=14813358
Our estemmed PM is laying the ground for another lockdown soon so we can forget the league starting anytime soon.

I'm starting to wonder whether the league will be able to re-start effectively unless it changes its policy of finishing the competition before the end of May

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18 2020 9:48 pm 

Sadly I fear that's it until August.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19 2020 12:41 pm 

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 380 posts ]  Go to page Previous 110 11 12 13 1416 Next