It is currently Tue Jul 14 2020 2:23 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:44 am 

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2020/05 ... ar-2019-20

Follow instructions to place your vote.

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 3:22 pm 

Let’s have it then, who did you all vote for?

For me I had to choose between two standout players. Sam Griffiths didn’t have a bad game, we always looked better with him in the side, and he was equally comfortable playing anywhere across the back four. He was surprisingly adept at assisting with attacks when playing at full back and always defended well.
But my choice went to Danny Glover. He scored 19 goals in a curtailed season, which was excellent when you also take into consideration the upheaval caused by Hayward leaving, taking on more responsibility on the managerial side and the uncertainty (for want of a better word) over the takeover.

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:05 pm 

I've gone for Danny. He scored 19 goals in 3/4 of a season is pretty outstanding stuff when you look at other strikers in the league and the daft money that is allegedly flying around.

He also stepped into the breach when we lost yet another manager and never shirked from the challenge.

Streets ahead of anyone else in my book.

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:06 pm 

Abadaki by a country mile and seeing as we only played two thirds of a season and a third of that poor could have gone to Tom Elliot

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:10 pm 

Quote:
I've gone for Danny. He scored 19 goals in 3/4 of a season is pretty outstanding stuff when you look at other strikers in the league and the daft money that is allegedly flying around.

He also stepped into the breach when we lost yet another manager and never shirked from the challenge.

He was poor as a manager

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:36 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

He was poor as a manager
The manager is only as good as his players. I'm struggling to remember when we had a good manager who achieved good results with a poor quality squad. Let's no forget that when Danny took over we started to see a steady exodus of players following a cut to the budget which saw our previous (mouth on a stick) manager depart. I doubt Danny probably wanted to be a manager at this stage of his career, but he didn't shirk the challenge.
I'm grateful he took it on and everyone else should be too.

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 6:42 pm 

Quote:
Abadaki by a country mile and seeing as we only played two thirds of a season and a third of that poor could have gone to Tom Elliot
Abadaki is a fine player and terrorised full backs, his drawback is when he gets himself into good positions through hard work his decision making on what to do with the ball was poor. I do hope he stays though as he could learn a lot from Andy Morrells experience.
It has to be Glover for me consistent goal scorer and hard runner off the ball, as has also been said he didn't shirk responsibility when asked to step up to the plate

PostPosted: Mon May 25 2020 8:00 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

He was poor as a manager
But we're voting for Player of the Year not Manager of the Year.
I voted for Sam Griffiths.

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 10:47 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was poor as a manager
...indeed we are and 19 goals in 3/4 of a season is sufficiently impressive to get my vote!

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 11:16 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He was poor as a manager
...indeed we are and 19 goals in 3/4 of a season is sufficiently impressive to get my vote!
FIGHT! FIGHT!

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 11:47 am 

I know we have to have a Supporters’ player of the season but I often wonder whether there is any point. I remember some years ago I went to every game of a particular season - home, away, league, cup - and I voted for one player who was head and shoulders above everyone else that season. However, because (let’s say as an example) 80% of the fans only see 50% of the games (most fans don’t go to away games), the player I chose didn’t win or get even in the top 3. Yet I’d seen all the games, and those few who had also seen all the games were of the same opinion as me.
I only saw 45% of all of our games across the league and cup last season so when I pick my player of the season I fully accept he may not have been the best player over the whole season.

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 12:22 pm 

Quote:
I know we have to have a Supporters’ player of the season but I often wonder whether there is any point. I remember some years ago I went to every game of a particular season - home, away, league, cup - and I voted for one player who was head and shoulders above everyone else that season. However, because (let’s say as an example) 80% of the fans only see 50% of the games (most fans don’t go to away games), the player I chose didn’t win or get even in the top 3. Yet I’d seen all the games, and those few who had also seen all the games were of the same opinion as me.
I only saw 45% of all of our games across the league and cup last season so when I pick my player of the season I fully accept he may not have been the best player over the whole season.
Our 'best' players had probably left when the season was halfway through anyway so it begs the question in order to qualify to receive the award do they need to be with us when the season ends?!

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 12:55 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Our 'best' players had probably left when the season was halfway through anyway so it begs the question in order to qualify to receive the award do they need to be with us when the season ends?!
I think so, who’d want to give an award to a player that has buggered off to another club halfway through?

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 3:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Aye, it's always a difficult one at this level. I've no doubt Tom Elliott and Kieran Morris would have pushed Glover and Griffiths close this season had they stayed for the duration but we've seen it happen so many times in recent years - you feel inclined to award it to someone just through their blind loyalty rather than ability, which was seen not so long ago when a player won a number of awards at the end of season despite having a wretched first six months of the campaign.. but he was still here!

PostPosted: Tue May 26 2020 4:05 pm 

Just checked the season stats to see who I should vote for...

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/squad

Hmmm, something doesn't seem quite right there....

;) :?

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Sun May 31 2020 9:31 pm 

Will there also be the SA awards given out and the club man of the year award for the end of season awards