It is currently Tue Oct 27 2020 8:26 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2012 9:56 pm 

On Saturday 30th June and Saturday 7th July the football club are calling on supporters to come to the ground in order to help with maintenance ahead of the start of the 2012/13 season.

The ground will be open from 10am until 5pm on both days and all supporters are welcome to attend. There are a number of tasks to be completed and we already have a good list of jobs for people to help out with.

It should just be a case of bringing yourself along to the ground as we have most of the equipment that we need on site. However if anyone does have a petrol strimmer they could lend the club for those days then that would certainly help.

No matter how much or little time you can give up, it would all be greatly appreciated. If you could leave a message on this thread if you intend to be in attendance then that would be fantastic.

Scott

Post subject: Re: Working Days
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2012 9:59 pm 
Site Admin

I'll be there for at least 1 of them Scott.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17 2012 10:01 pm 

Quote:
I'll be there for at least 1 of them Scott.
Nice one Ben, can you make this thread a sticky so to keep it at the top of the page.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 8:09 am 

Put my name down Scott, I'll be there!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 8:57 am 

Quote:

Nice one Ben, can you make this thread a sticky so to keep it at the top of the page.

I think I beat Ben to it Scott - all done!

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 9:18 am 

Quote:
Quote:

I think I beat Ben to it Scott - all done!
Cheers Del :thumbupl:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 9:24 am 

I'll be good for the 30th.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 6:34 pm 

Can help on the 30th look forward to it!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18 2012 8:08 pm 
Site Admin

Hopefully the promotion now on the official site will get hold of those who don't use Facebook, Twitter or this forum.

...there must be a couple surely? :D

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27 2012 8:41 pm 

I'll do my best.... nothing too heavy for me please... recovering from surgery!
Colin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28 2012 10:25 pm 

Quote:
I'll do my best.... nothing too heavy for me please... recovering from surgery!
Colin
Will be great to have you along Colin.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28 2012 10:26 pm 

Thank you all for putting your name forward and volunteering to help with the maintenance around Keys Park over the summer of 2012.
Below is a list of jobs which we feel need completing ahead of the 2012/13 campaign. No matter how much time you can give to the club then we will be able to achieve all of the below in the coming weeks.
Now the important thing is when these tasks can be completed.
During weekdays there is someone at the club between 10am and 4pm while we are also looking at arranging working weekends on 30th June and 7th July.
If you feel that you can specifically help out with any of the below or have any questions then please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks once again,

Scott

Jobs:
• Painting all masonry Turnstile Blocks 1, 2, 3 and 4

• Dugouts need cleaning out and seats need to be fixed

• Varnishing of front doors to Main Stand

• Varnishing of covers to Turnstiles 2a, 2b, 3a and 3b

• Main stand and terracing requires sweeping in order to get rid of dirt and moss

• Heath Hayes End turnstiles need bolts fitting to the doors in order to stop them swinging open

• Toilets by the club shop need cleaning,/mopping out etc.

• Strimmer required to finish off the remaining long grass on the car park

• Weeding around the ground

• Painting of turnstile grids with good metal protective paint (Black or Dark Red)

• Painting of grids around bottom of Main Stand with good metal protective paint

• Replace damaged wood on substation to the right of Main Stand entrance doors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30 2012 5:32 pm 

Thank you to the six people that came along to the ground today. Great to meet a couple of new faces in Phil (sorry that I didn't say goodbye and thanks before you left) and Colin. While thanks also to Keith, Mark, Jon and Darrell who all chipped in.

Still plenty to do next week though and Phil will be in attendance between 10am and 4pm. So why not come up for a couple of hours and help make the ground look a little bit better.

If there is interest we may look to organise a couple of more days/evenings in order to make sure everything is ready ahead of the big kick-off!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09 2012 7:35 am 

Thanks to everyone who turned up on Saturday to continue the maintenance work around the ground, especially to Rod (sorry didn't catch your surname) who gave us 1.1/2 hrs whilst his wife was at the hairdressers :-D

But the question has to be asked why did so few people turn up?

We only had 11 different people turn up over the 2 days and 9 of those were Supporters Association committee members.

Then we get this

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=670

Question answered I think.

I know I thoroughly enjoyed it and it certainly gives you a better sense of belonging to the club.

So I would just like to ask people (and I am not going to have a pop) why do you not come along?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09 2012 1:45 pm 

Thanks to those who turned up again on Saturday, although I haven't had chance to go up the ground since last week I'm sure it looks even better now these extra jobs have been completed. I think those that came along did enjoy themselves and I will look to get a couple of evening's arranged during what remains of the summer (don't laugh this is summer!) to finish off a couple of other bits.

Thanks also to Keith for taking the lead in my absence on Saturday.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09 2012 2:49 pm 

Yes, thanks to everyone who did their bit over the two weekends, to give the ground a little 'facelift'.

Keys Park is a big stadium for the level that we compete at and without the assistance of volunteers we just would not be able to keep it looking like a Conference ground 'in waiting'.
I sincerely hope that the team that Rob Smith and Chris Brindley are putting together reward you all with the long waited for promotion to the next level.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09 2012 6:12 pm 

http://evostikleague.pitchero.com/hedne ... fans-9734/

:clap:

Matthew 6:25-34. Timely advice…

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08 2012 9:01 am 

I'm due to be at the ground from 6pm onwards on Thursday 9th August for a few hours if anyone would like to come and finish off a couple of bits of painting that are left to sort out. If anyone has got a petrol strimmer that we could use in the coming weeks that would be a big help also.