It is currently Tue Dec 12 2017 8:30 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2930 posts ]  Go to page Previous 190 91 92 93 9498 Next
 Post subject: Re: Old Player Watch
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06 2017 10:01 am 

Glyn wrote:
Lee and I were both at Kidder v Chorley today, on separate missions, he reporting, me with the paying customers (although it's cheaper for me to get in there than it is at Keys Park, and nearer to home, and a more pleasant journey, so I didn't mind... and speaking of journeys kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm as Chorley were delayed by an accident on the M6, which remains a nightmare on Saturdays...)

Digie was an unused sub for Kidder; but McQuilkin was the focal point of midfield, everything played through him, he took all the dead ball kicks, etc etc - a completely different player from the one we saw a few years ago. Wasted at right-back for the last 23 minutes after substitutions led to positional changes...

Tyrone Williams, playing left-centre-back alongside the immense Liam Daly, was solid, combative and quick to recover and win the ball back on a couple of occasions when he lost out in challenges. Also made a few surging runs forward, as he did when playing full-back for us.

That said, he got the deflection on the cross which brought about the only goal...

http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/2017/08/ ... e-chorley/

Thus they lost to a tough Chorley side who did a professional job on them and, while both sides had other chances, it would have been 0-2 were it not for a sensational save from the Kidder keeper... I'll look for the highlights in the next day or two

It took 31 minutes for the home fans around me to start moaning (though there was plenty more as full-time approached and they rarely looked like scoring...) - we'll see how long it is before the home fans start at Keys Park next Saturday....

It cost me the time of walking to the office to pick up my "media ticket" to get in, where I was presented with a free programme. Oh, and the free cup of tea and two free custard creams as the second half started. I've had a free programme working at Wrexham before, and free refreshments at Alfreton, but never both. I like Kiddy!
Completely agree with Glyn's match summary, Chorley are big, strong and powerful. They won't beat anyone 5-0 this season but they won't concede many at all. Kiddy couldn't quite get it together, they've suffered from losing a number of players over the summer (including 3 of the back 4 to Fylde) and both the manager and chairman speak in the programme of being "competitive" but nothing else. However, I saw Kiddy twice last season and they were brilliant, I think John Eustace has had an excellent start to his managerial career and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.
Attendance 1,793 with 130 coming from Chorley, it was a nice way to start the season!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06 2017 12:33 pm 

Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:
Lee and I were both at Kidder v Chorley today, on separate missions, he reporting, me with the paying customers (although it's cheaper for me to get in there than it is at Keys Park, and nearer to home, and a more pleasant journey, so I didn't mind... and speaking of journeys kick-off was delayed until 3.15pm as Chorley were delayed by an accident on the M6, which remains a nightmare on Saturdays...)

Digie was an unused sub for Kidder; but McQuilkin was the focal point of midfield, everything played through him, he took all the dead ball kicks, etc etc - a completely different player from the one we saw a few years ago. Wasted at right-back for the last 23 minutes after substitutions led to positional changes...

Tyrone Williams, playing left-centre-back alongside the immense Liam Daly, was solid, combative and quick to recover and win the ball back on a couple of occasions when he lost out in challenges. Also made a few surging runs forward, as he did when playing full-back for us.

That said, he got the deflection on the cross which brought about the only goal...

Thus they lost to a tough Chorley side who did a professional job on them and, while both sides had other chances, it would have been 0-2 were it not for a sensational save from the Kidder keeper... I'll look for the highlights in the next day or two

It took 31 minutes for the home fans around me to start moaning (though there was plenty more as full-time approached and they rarely looked like scoring...) - we'll see how long it is before the home fans start at Keys Park next Saturday....

It cost me the time of walking to the office to pick up my "media ticket" to get in, where I was presented with a free programme. Oh, and the free cup of tea and two free custard creams as the second half started. I've had a free programme working at Wrexham before, and free refreshments at Alfreton, but never both. I like Kiddy!
Completely agree with Glyn's match summary, Chorley are big, strong and powerful. They won't beat anyone 5-0 this season but they won't concede many at all. Kiddy couldn't quite get it together, they've suffered from losing a number of players over the summer (including 3 of the back 4 to Fylde) and both the manager and chairman speak in the programme of being "competitive" but nothing else. However, I saw Kiddy twice last season and they were brilliant, I think John Eustace has had an excellent start to his managerial career and I think they'll get better as the season goes on.
Attendance 1,793 with 130 coming from Chorley, it was a nice way to start the season!

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06 2017 2:47 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:

Did you want to say something? :?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07 2017 2:28 pm 

Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:
Lee K wrote:
Glyn wrote:

Did you want to say something? :?

Nah, silence is assent

:roll: :doh: :oops: :twisted:

You have to make allowances for me, I'm old

:-D :mrgreen:

Since it's Christmas.... John 3:16 - For this is how God loved the world: He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07 2017 2:55 pm 

The highlights of the above game have finally made it online... the OG Ty Williams scored was a lot harder than the chance he missed at the same end early on...

And you'll notice that it went very dark at half-time...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09 2017 7:18 am 

Durrell with an assist against Hartlepool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40786068

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 9:09 am 

I went to FC United on Tuesday, an absolute cracker that saw Spennymoor hang on for a 3-2 win. Joel Logan was unimpressive for the home side although did put in one decent cross they scored from.

All in all a great advert for non league football. £10 in, great facilities, free shuttle bus from the station and the club office gave a free metal club badge to my German friend friend who is visiting us.

Continuing the thread drift, a lad called Nathan Lowe played central midfield for FCUM and looked a very good player indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 11:51 am 

Pitmanchester wrote:
I went to FC United on Tuesday, an absolute cracker that saw Spennymoor hang on for a 3-2 win. Joel Logan was unimpressive for the home side although did put in one decent cross they scored from.

All in all a great advert for non league football. £10 in, great facilities, free shuttle bus from the station and the club office gave a free metal club badge to my German friend friend who is visiting us.

Continuing the thread drift, a lad called Nathan Lowe played central midfield for FCUM and looked a very good player indeed.

Loving that phrase.... :-D

Highlights here, suggesting it could easily have finished 4-12, if the players all knew how to pass the ball into the net, as did the scorer of FCUM's 2nd goal

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-2849976

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 2:01 pm 

£100,000 +

http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Fo ... 082017.htm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 3:04 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:

Nice one. Won't have to move house either...

:clap:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 7:27 pm 
Site Admin

Hull seem very keen to bring Marvin Johnson in, if you believe the press.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10 2017 9:44 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Durrell with an assist against Hartlepool:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40786068

He was also stretchered off with what could be a serious knee/leg injury. There is a lot of concern for him on the Macclesfield forum:

https://fansonline.net/macclesfieldtown ... ?id=174235

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11 2017 6:50 am 

George Cater to Chasetown.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chasetown ... 21219.html

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12 2017 11:50 am 

Desean Martin to Brocton.

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/broctonfc ... 21679.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 7:53 am 

Styche with two for Lambs, albeit in a losing cause

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/results

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/rou ... orth-38408

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 7:54 am 

The Beerhunter wrote:

Interesting... as trailed on the squad thread... (see my post on 29 July)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3574&start=60

But this link says it's a "season-long loan" from which there is, as I understand it, no recall clause

Yet another mystery

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 12:21 pm 

Stephane ' Big Steve ' Ngamvoulou started for Hungerford Town in the NLS yesterday.
Spencer Weir-Daley and Vinny Mukendi both played for Redditch in their 5-0 win over Dunstable, Vinny scoring after coming off the bench.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 12:45 pm 

J'Cee Abraham now registered with Romulus - like George Cater, you can't be either on loan to or dual-registered with another club in the NPL empire, so yet again, clarification is needed

http://www.evostikleague.co.uk/saturday ... n=football

Zak Martin to SCT also in that list. We already knew about Josh Craddock

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 2:25 pm 

Curtis Tilt makes the (League Paper's) League One team of the day:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 4:40 pm 

Jack Fitzwater on loan FGR.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13 2017 4:47 pm 

Glyn wrote:
J'Cee Abraham now registered with Romulus - like George Cater, you can't be either on loan to or dual-registered with another club in the NPL empire, so yet again, clarification is needed

Correct but, as a non contract player assume you can leave one club join another and then in theory, leave that club and then move to another club if the respective clubs agree registratng/cancelling at each one in turn.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14 2017 6:51 am 

Real Ale Fan On Tour wrote:
Glyn wrote:

Correct but, as a non contract player assume you can leave one club join another and then in theory, leave that club and then move to another club if the respective clubs agree registratng/cancelling at each one in turn.

Yes; all perfectly clear :? :shock: :-D :mrgreen: :doh:

I suspect we have some of those George Carline-type deals up our sleeves....

:twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14 2017 10:20 am 

Glyn wrote:
Malcolm Melvin joins Jamie Crowther at Aberystwyth

http://welsh-premier.com/index.php/hot- ... ary-window

Crowther has left, destination unknown!

http://welsh-premier.com/index.php/hot- ... er-charges

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15 2017 5:46 pm 

Look where Callum Roberts has turned up...

http://www.tnsfc.co.uk/2017/08/15/rober ... park-hall/

Should I warn them?!

:roll: :P :twisted: :-D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16 2017 7:57 am 

Lee K wrote:
I wonder if Jazz Luckie is going to become this season's Luke Benbow....

http://www.evostikleaguesouthern.co.uk/ ... fo/results

Now scoring for Stratford Town

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18 2017 3:48 pm 

Glyn wrote:
Josh Craddock joining Sutton Coldfield Town

... taking a couple of months out as his leg still isn't right. Poor guy...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20 2017 7:59 am 

SWD for Redditch, again

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21 2017 9:53 am 
Site Admin

Cohen is reportedly on his way to Birmingham on a season-long loan.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21 2017 10:43 am 

Dobba wrote:

Heck, poor lad. But I hear they've (also) taken Carl Jenkinson on a season-loan. Maybe it's buy one, get one free....??

Nowt official yet. I liked this one on Arsenal's Twitter though.... (excuse "thread creep")

Good idea, then, to ship two defenders out on a season's loan...

:roll: :doh: :twisted:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22 2017 8:08 am 

Glyn wrote:
Dobba wrote:

Heck, poor lad. But I hear they've (also) taken Carl Jenkinson on a season-loan. Maybe it's buy one, get one free....??

Nowt official yet.

Now officially official

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41000686

They must be very nearly on their full quota of loanees for the season, and it's only 22 August

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 2930 posts ]  Go to page Previous 190 91 92 93 9498 Next