It is currently Wed Jul 15 2020 6:54 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Talk to the Chairman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13 2020 11:18 am 

Hi All,

Just a quick one in case no-ones seen it. We are running a talk to the chairman on Thursday evening this week.

Myself and the commercial director will be in attendance, and we will be giving an overview of where works are at to date with the club, future items to deal with, and life in general at the club.

I know various people have stated they have now stepped or are stepping away from the club for various reasons, some of which are the fact we didn't want them (cutting a long story short this is not what I have said, its what was implied.....I wish to be clear on this from the outset as I feel its important to address, rather than allow it to linger). As we stated from the outset the One Club, One Badge ethos we would be implementing. As stated before, we have merely been busy around the club and haven't got round to addressing all elements involved in the club as yet.

I would like this to be an opportunity now we are out of lockdown, that we can all ask questions of the club directly. So we can move forward positively, with a clear understanding of where we are at and what we have planned (even though I'm sure some areas still are to be reviewed and planned yet).

I also appreciate some live much further afield than others, so I will ask for ease that we also run a facebook live event covering the meeting, where if you cannot attend in person, you can still watch what goes on and ask questions via this feed (I will ensure someone monitors it and flags questions - although we cannot promise we can answer them all).

I would very much like all members of the SA & Travel Club to be either there or watching online if at all possible. As I do feel its key that we work together as a team approach, and I have questions of my own to ask (to ensure we listen and do what's right for the fans and the club).

So I thought I best post on here also so everyone we can inform about it (in case not everyone uses facebook), is also aware.

Also feel free to pre-ask questions on here also. I will see if possible that I pick up on them and address them in the meeting also.

We look forward to seeing you there.

Kindest regards

Graham

Post subject: Re: Talk to the Chairman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13 2020 5:52 pm 

Looking forward to it. UTP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13 2020 6:29 pm 

A minor gripe, but the club seems to use Facebook a lot. Could other forms of communication be considered (perhaps for the future) as some dinosaurs like myself aren't on Facebook and I have no intention to change that situation! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2020 12:05 am 

Not able myself to attend in person but hope to follow on Facebook and just to clarify, although the Travel Club has now disbanded. There are a core group of previous committee members who continue to have oversight in respect of any outstanding matters and, can provide any assistance or advice regards away travel to the club if required.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2020 7:30 am 

Great idea graham looking forward to watching live on Facebook. Nice to see the club entering the modern age

For Perton any communication from the club will be done by carrier pigeon :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2020 7:53 am 

Quote:
A minor gripe, but the club seems to use Facebook a lot. Could other forms of communication be considered (perhaps for the future) as some dinosaurs like myself aren't on Facebook and I have no intention to change that situation! :mrgreen:
Agreed. I would have looked to come on Thursday if I’d have known earlier, but not being on Facebook this was the first I’d heard about it and I now have plans. Facebook shouldn’t be the platform of choice when making any announcements - the official website exists for this very function and should always be the primary media source to get information across to supporters. We have to respect the fact that the club has a sizeable, shall we say, ‘mature’ fan base who won’t go anywhere near any form of social media as it isn’t a necessity in their lives like younger people. Social media serves a vital purpose but there has to be a happy marriage between it and the more mainstream media to reach all elements of the fan base

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2020 8:01 am 

The website will be the primary platform in the future, and supported by Facebook and Twitter. Hopefully other platforms too, instagram, and all
The others I’m told about by the youth of today. Tiktok etc. I have no idea what these do atm though.
The website is in the middle of a huge overhaul, hence the primary use at present of Facebook.
I dropped the invite on here also, as I know all of you would be key part of people who wish to watch or attend. Everything is happening at short notice given coronavirus and it’s not allowing us time to plan further in advance. Once we have league dates we will be planning dates for the whole season. This will then allow us all the pleasure of much more advanced notice.
I hope this helps explains the situation and reasons in hand at present 👍

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14 2020 2:30 pm 

Quote:
Great idea graham looking forward to watching live on Facebook. Nice to see the club entering the modern age

For Perton any communication from the club will be done by carrier pigeon :lol:
...hopefully not Speckled Jim (if you haven't watched Blackadder you won't know what I'm on about)!