It is currently Thu Nov 15 2018 4:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02 2015 1:05 am 

Hello there lads and lasses.

Hopefully you'll remember me as one of the two idiots that followed Hednesford for a couple of games in the FA Cup run to the First Round a couple of years ago. We started in the very first qualifying round of the cup and followed the winner of that game into the next round, until it took us (hopefully) to Wembley.

I wrote a book about the experience, but as my day job is a stand up comedian then I've also written a stand up show about it too. The Hednesford leg of the "tour" is tonight, this Friday. Sorry for the short notice!

It's at Keys Park, and doors are 7pm for a 7.30pm start. It's a fiver in and thought I might as well mention it on here incase nobody has heard of it happening. It'll nor be the sort of show where the front row will be ridiculed and everyone has the piss taken out of them - just an hour long show trying to cram in loads of storied of what we encountered along the way, plus a support slot beforehand. You can sit back and relax!

Hopefully I'll see a few forum members there - do make yourself known afterwards if you are, as I'll be hanging around for a beer afterwards.

Cheers,

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02 2015 1:11 am 

Forgot to attach the link:
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2015/09 ... -park-show
You should be fine to pay on the door as well but best to try and call the club if you can in advance just so the right number of chairs are set out!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02 2015 7:44 am 

Hoping to swing by on the way up to visit my parents, but we'll be travelling via the Brum M6, so it's good to know that we could pay on the door as there's more than a chance we might not make it....!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02 2015 10:53 am 

I'm going but the tickets say 7.30pm doors open and show starts at 8pm not 7pm and 7.30pm so don't worry if there's no one there when you're ready to start ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02 2015 4:12 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:
I'm going but the tickets say 7.30pm doors open and show starts at 8pm not 7pm and 7.30pm so don't worry if there's no one there when you're ready to start ;)

:oops:

Yep, sorry. 8pm start.

:oops:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03 2015 10:36 am 

Cracking night out, haven't laughed so much since the last time I was at Marston Road. Shame there weren't a few more there to see it though.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03 2015 11:36 am 

:clap:

Yeah, thanks Andy, really enjoyed it.

Although on the way home my wife did say 'maybe we should try that'.

I nearly lost control of the car...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14 2018 11:14 am 

Thanks for sharing this information. I was just looking for shows by Andrew Yeatman online but it was good coming across this edifying post. A friend of mine told me about his shows and the content it has. I really think that it is important to show kids good and knowledgeable shows.