It is currently Tue Mar 19 2019 5:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:00 pm 

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/03/consortium-to-take-forward-hednesford-town-football-club

So at last we have some news on how the Club will be moving forward – which has to be positive.

I just hope and pray that one of the people concerned has the ability to realise that a Commercial Department is vital to help sustain the financial running of the club, which is one thing the previous buyer most certainly did.

Being part of the Club’s brilliant Programme Editorial Team and looking through this season's home programmes so far, why is only ONE player sponsored?
How much income are we are missing out on in sponsorship deals, both for players and matches too for that matter; how many of the latter have actually had paying sponsors this season.

I have harped on about this so many times as readers of the forum will agree! It may take a bit of leg-work, calling on local shops, businesses and firms .. but that is what the right person would be paid for.

Let’s hope this revenue source will be tapped into asap .. because the income in will far out-weigh the wage of any Commercial employee(s)

Good Luck to them - whoever they may be! :clap:

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:14 pm 

This really is fantastic news - this appears to be a steady takeover with a real long term view. If the consortium can get a commercial focus on the club and get some momentum moving forward there are lots of exciting times ahead. Well done to all involved!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:26 pm 
Site Admin

This certainly comes across as the very thing the club needs - making the most out of the buzz that has been added to the town itself in recent years.

Looking forward to seeing how I can do my bit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:26 pm 

I know Steve Price gets some stick, often fairly, but favouring this deal over the OWNA one shows he wants the best for the club even though I'm guessing the other offer was more personally profitable

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:27 pm 

Del wrote:
http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/03/consortium-to-take-forward-hednesford-town-football-club

So at last we have some news on how the Club will be moving forward – which has to be positive.

I just hope and prey that one of the people concerned has the ability to realise that a Commercial Department is vital to help sustain the financial running of the club, which is one thing the previous buyer most certainly did.

Being part of the Club’s brilliant Programme Editorial Team and looking through this seasons home programmes so far, why is only ONE player sponsored?
How much income are we are missing out on in sponsorship deals, both for players and matches too for that matter; how many of the latter have actually had paying sponsors this season.

I have harped on about this so many times as readers of the forum will agree! It may take a bit of leg-work, calling on local shops, businesses and firms .. but that is what the right person would be paid for.

Let’s hope this revenue source will be tapped into asap .. because the income in will far out-weigh the wage of any Commercial employee(s)

Good Luck to them - whoever they may be! :clap:

I think alot of people have an idea who it could be the rumour (we don't deal in rumours :-D ) has been talked about for a few weeks about a consortium of local people, looks like a good option going forward and includes more fans involvement. Remember being involved in a committee involving supporters at the club near 20 years ago, it's the way forward.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:31 pm 

On behalf of OWNAFC, we believe that having met this local consortium, the club is in very good hands. They have some really big plans and will drive the football club in the right direction. I have absolutely no doubt that this is the best option for the football club and this became very apparent last Thursday and then confirmed on Saturday when I was with them at the game v Grantham. My comments when I first met this group which I made in the meeting with secretary and the consortium was that. "This club would be better placed with them taking over rather than OWNA".

The football clubs staff have been great to deal with and we wish them all the best in building this model of which I fully support with the club.

Personally I have reached out today to the secretary and offered some personal (not OWNA) sponsorship for the club of which we will agree in the coming weeks. We believe in local football clubs having fans involvement and when local businesses come into invest and drive the club forward then this is a far better option for the club.

Whilst we had many supporters and many skeptics with this takeover, it has been a great experience and learning curve for both parties and I think the real winners out of this will be the football club.

I will continue coming to the odd game to check in on things and just to sign off with a final comment; I would like to thank everyone for the time taken to support or criticise the model that we have and to say congratulations and good luck to the new local consortium, they are a 100% perfect fit for your club.

Regards
OWNAFC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 5:43 pm 

OWNAFC wrote:
Personally I have reached out today to the secretary and offered some personal (not OWNA) sponsorship for the club of which we will agree in the coming weeks.

Wow - my post has kicked in already! Nice one. :mrgreen: :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 7:15 pm 

Well it's ended up being rather a good week and without a ball being kicked.
Good luck to the new consortium, onwards and upwards!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 7:16 pm 

Will we be having a poll to elect the supporters representatives?
No I know all the members of the supporters association should pay £49 into a fund and then have the say who should represent them.
With the money given to a local plumber so that the Wimbo side loos can be repaired saving Mac a half hour walk to the main stand every match!

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 8:01 pm 

OWNAFC wrote:
On behalf of OWNAFC, we believe that having met this local consortium, the club is in very good hands. They have some really big plans and will drive the football club in the right direction. I have absolutely no doubt that this is the best option for the football club and this became very apparent last Thursday and then confirmed on Saturday when I was with them at the game v Grantham. My comments when I first met this group which I made in the meeting with secretary and the consortium was that. "This club would be better placed with them taking over rather than OWNA".

The football clubs staff have been great to deal with and we wish them all the best in building this model of which I fully support with the club.

Personally I have reached out today to the secretary and offered some personal (not OWNA) sponsorship for the club of which we will agree in the coming weeks. We believe in local football clubs having fans involvement and when local businesses come into invest and drive the club forward then this is a far better option for the club.

Whilst we had many supporters and many skeptics with this takeover, it has been a great experience and learning curve for both parties and I think the real winners out of this will be the football club.

I will continue coming to the odd game to check in on things and just to sign off with a final comment; I would like to thank everyone for the time taken to support or criticise the model that we have and to say congratulations and good luck to the new local consortium, they are a 100% perfect fit for your club.

Regards
OWNAFC

Appreciate your reply and the positive things that you have said, did wonder if this consortium and yourselves were involved in a joint venture initially.
It has been a eventful time recently for all concerned but the general consensus has to be from recent events. That fans should be at the centre of the decision making involving their club, as they are the heart and sole of any football club.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 9:07 pm 

Real Ale Fan On Tour wrote:
It has been a eventful time recently for all concerned but the general consensus has to be from recent events. That fans should be at the centre of the decision making involving their club, as they are the heart and sole of any football club.

If we have an election to select fans for the position(s) .. it will take longer than Brexit!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 9:22 pm 

This a good thing for the club. Aspirations can only take you so far and a bit of money, a lot of organisation , a sprinkling of expertise and some luck will be required. Why shouldn’t it work though?

Respect to Steve Price for weighing his options up and selecting this choice as this will help the club to be a focal point of the community.
Also it is very big of OWNAFC to come on here and back this venture publically.

Mistakes are bound to be made along the way, but if there are blips it won’t be for the want of trying. I’m sure those with experience and expertise will offer to assist and I’m sure every supporter will put their weight behind the consortium.

Good luck everyone!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07 2019 9:50 pm 

Del wrote:

If we have an election to select fans for the position(s) .. it will take longer than Brexit!

Organising a vote should be fairly easy :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 5:52 am 

This does look quite positive with many factions making up the future direction of the club. The events of last week have shown that SP has the best intentions of the club at heart. Most of the issues with the club over the last couple of years have come down to poor communication and I’m sure all parties are wiser from the experience. The new consortium has my full backing and wish them all the best.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 7:55 am 

This is such a positive step forwards and hopefully will secure our future. Well done to all involved for your time and effort.

This announcement has even made on onto BBC WM news this morning - there is no such thing as bad publicity!

Take care all and stay safe.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 8:44 am 

The original statement about a takeover stated two interested parties, so I assume that due dilligence was being applied to both parties during the intervening period. Can only be speculation but assume the consortium initially put forward their proposals and subsequently OWNA came into the discussions. It all would have been confidential until OWNA's approach became known on social media and our forum went into overdrive but, whilst this was going on discussions were ongoing with the two parties as stated in the original statement and apparently involving them together.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 9:15 am 

Pitman1983 wrote:
Most of the issues with the club over the last couple of years have come down to poor communication and I’m sure all parties are wiser from the experience.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 9:28 am 

Del wrote:
Pitman1983 wrote:
Most of the issues with the club over the last couple of years have come down to poor communication and I’m sure all parties are wiser from the experience.

Agreed, the irony in this is that the Supporters Association have been trying to facilitate more communication, whose very same members produce the press release's, compile the programmes for the club to enable the club to communicate with the fans.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 12:23 pm 

Del wrote:
Pitman1983 wrote:

Agreed, the irony in this is that the Supporters Association have been trying to facilitate more communication, whose very same members produce the press release's, compile the programmes for the club to enable the club to communicate with the fans.

I know quoting own post but wanted to also say rather just edit, that from a personal perspective have always found and still do Steve Price and club officials approachable and willing to engage in conversation and there has been many a time Steve at away matches would walk around the ground and chat to fans.
So just need to re- establish these positive interactions with fans in general as we all have a common goal if pardon football pun :-D to do what's best for the club now and into the future, you'll all be pleased to know I'll take break from the forum for now as think said enough recently :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 1:46 pm 

If we're all giving up the forum for Lent then Del may need to unlock this thread!

;) :roll: :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4335

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 2:25 pm 

Del wrote:

I'm voting for Sheriff ;)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 2:47 pm 

The Beerhunter wrote:
Del wrote:

I'm voting for Sheriff ;)

Are we putting him in charge of hiring and firing managers?

;) :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 2:56 pm 

Del's locked the OWNAs thread so I'll have to post this here! (unless you want to put it on there Del...)

http://nonleaguedaily.com/ownafc-giving ... ent-hopes/

Curious that it's appeared on NLD today... :? - it seems to refer to a BBC page, but I can't find it on their football website - maybe they've only just caught on...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 3:43 pm 

Glyn wrote:
If we're all giving up the forum for Lent then Del may need to unlock this thread!

;) :roll: :twisted:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4335

I didn't say that long, now look what you made me do :-D :-D :-D

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 6:01 pm 

The fact that in addition to the Daily Mail chief sports writer he is joined by the NLP editor in condemnation of this says it all. I have concerns that too many football fans will be wasting money There is more to say but this is not the place.
Moving on to the point of this thread I believe this is now the opportunity to put right the issues already referred to.
It is an interesting outcome. I hope the arrangements that will unfold clarify the club means to remain debt free and affirms an approach to retain the remaining facilities for permanent football/ community use

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 10:14 pm 

Good evening all, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for the positive comments that have been coming through regarding the events of the past week or two and the model that has been chosen to take the club forward for next season at least.

Firstly, I would thank Stuart Harvey of OWNAFC for the manner in which he conducted himself on behalf of his OWNAs and although the take over of the club did not happen I would wish OWNAFC all the best in finding the correct club for their business model.

So, to the 'consortium', a description that I do not particularly like as it conjures up an image of a group of wealthy individuals coming along to throw shed loads of money at a club in order to improve it's on field performance. In this instance, that is not really the model that we have but I do feel that we have a fine group that will support Steve Price commercially, to assist in the day to day operation of the football club and to develop a coherent and cost effective investment strategy.

We would certainly hope to build on the interest around the club of the past week and on the impressive turn around in the team performances that our current group of players are producing under the guidance of Gaz Hayward and Nicky Eaden.

We will be happy to give you all a clearer picture of the individuals involved in this 'consortium' over the next week or two as individuals roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and agreed. We will keep supporters informed with regular updates on the club's progress, planned events etc.

Finally, I would like to thank Steve Price for continuing his support of the club and for putting some faith in this group which I sincerely believe will make his job of keeping Hednesford Town FC competitive, that much easier.

Thanks again
Terry McMahon
Club Secretary
Hednesford Town FC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08 2019 11:20 pm 
Site Admin

Much appreciated, Terry.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 8:48 am 

Broke my silence :-D to say thanks Terry :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 9:13 am 

.... you'll all be pleased to know I'll take break from the forum for now as think said enough recently :-D

(yellowcard) Blatant lying! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 10:06 am 

now is a good time to print some flyers off, so we can post them through the shiny new houses in the area, I am willing to do this, or send me the pdf and I will do them

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 10:13 am 

Del wrote:
.... you'll all be pleased to know I'll take break from the forum for now as think said enough recently :-D

(yellowcard) Blatant lying! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Couldn't resist :-D assume second yellow card, best place myself in forum sin bin :-D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 10:19 am 

I see the last fixture list was Sept 2018

and thanks Terry, let's hope this is a fresh start

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 10:29 am 

Thankfully as we said any manager worth his salt............

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/fo ... ford-town/

And what is that about the volunteers and fans???????

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 10:35 am 

sheriff wrote:
now is a good time to print some flyers off, so we can post them through the shiny new houses in the area, I am willing to do this, or send me the pdf and I will do them

When the details of the 'consortium' are out and some offers can be made perhaps tie in a second run

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 11:13 am 

abacus wrote:

Just put your name down with Sheriff and see! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 11:24 am 

abacus wrote:

Yes, indeed, I am not sure about the comment “The club is a great little club with amazing facilities but the club volunteers and most fans have no real ambition to ever be anything else.”

I can only say that from my point of view the new 'consortium' has great ambition for the club and will be bringing exactly the same resources to the table that the alternative business model would have required.
I am convinced that the long time supporters of the club will get behind us and will notice progressive improvements at Keys Park and we will be working tirelessly to bring the on-field stability that has eluded us for a number of seasons since our brief dalliance with Step 2.
It is promotion back to that level that has to be our initial focus.

Terry Mc

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 11:47 am 

clear focus on promotion next season,which is hard in this league
better change my signature !, just did

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 3:52 pm 

TerryMc wrote:
abacus wrote:

Yes, indeed, I am not sure about the comment “The club is a great little club with amazing facilities but the club volunteers and most fans have no real ambition to ever be anything else.”

I can only say that from my point of view the new 'consortium' has great ambition for the club and will be bringing exactly the same resources to the table that the alternative business model would have required.
I am convinced that the long time supporters of the club will get behind us and will notice progressive improvements at Keys Park and we will be working tirelessly to bring the on-field stability that has eluded us for a number of seasons since our brief dalliance with Step 2.
It is promotion back to that level that has to be our initial focus.

Terry Mc

Thanks again Terry.

In light of Nicky Eaden's comments in that article, one assumes that Stuart Harvey had never actually talked about contracts to the manager to whom he said he was going to offer a two-year contract!

No need to reply, I'm just musing...

May I suggest that the best thing SH can do now is to focus his attention on his next target(s) and quietly forget about us...

;)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09 2019 9:30 pm 

Ownafc twitter page appears to have closed down. Message on app says company ceased trading. Allegations of main director having been made bankrupt in 2013.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10 2019 7:01 am 

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4340

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 9:15 am 

I see on the NPL Twitter we are still for sale?
I presume therefore that we are still for sale and that this consortium is going to run things until a new owner is found.
It’s difficult to know what’s going on some how I feel we are walking on quicksand perhaps I’m misreading the situation.
I’m just a little confused.

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 10:10 am 

jackiemaund wrote:
I see on the NPL Twitter we are still for sale?
I presume therefore that we are still for sale and that this consortium is going to run things until a new owner is found. It’s difficult to know what’s going on some how I feel we are walking on quicksand perhaps I’m misreading the situation. I’m just a little confused.

I think we all are at the moment - but last Thursday the Club said: " .... more details due to be released in the next few days of how this Management Group will take shape."
Hopefully that will be any time now!
:pray:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 1:10 pm 

Lads I'll put the record straight we had a meeting with that Stuart Harvey bloke who in my opinion couldn't look me in the eyes by the way in the meeting, but the top and bottom of the meeting was he wanted full ownership of all signings deals etc plus all other *** so I told him from me gaz Hayward to *** and I resigned after grantham game. Nicky, he's the quiet one out of us 2, just said if Gaz goes he goes then majority of the players will leave then so we spoke to Steve price about getting rid of the circus which again in my opinion was OWNAFC he then saw right through his motives and we as a group blocked him coming into hednesford. It's chip papers now, the new lads coming in are great and got some big ideas for raising funds and with Terry and Steve back were he belongs in my opinion again we are going to get a good strong budget in place to have a go to get playoffs next year. Yes it will be tough but bit of added quality to this group we got and tbh we want be far away so hope that clears up your speculation we're selling badges next week for lads pot so please look to buy them only £2 quid just says IAm THE LAW lol

*** Edited by Mod!

Any more of that and it's a (yellowcard) regardless of who you are!! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 1:40 pm 

Cheers Gaz, it's nice to have someone telling it like it is.
I'm starting to enjoy your posts almost as much as Kieron Wells celebrations :-D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 2:05 pm 

What a post that is, what a top bloke! :lol: :clap:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 4:41 pm 

Garlstain wrote:
Lads I'll put the record straight we had a meeting with that Stuart Harvey bloke who in my opinion couldn't look me in the eyes by the way in the meeting, but the top bottom of the meeting was he wanted full ownership of all signings deals etc plus all other *** so I told him from me gaz Hayward to *** and I resigned after grantham game Nicky his the quiet one out of us 2 just said if gaz goes he goes then majority of the players will leave then so we spoke to Steve price about getting rid of the circus which again in my opinion was OWNAFC he then saw right through his motives and we as a group blocked him coming into hednesford it's chip papers now the new lads coming in are great and got some big ideas for raising funds and with terry and Steve back were he belongs in my opinion again we are going to get a good strong budget in place to have a go to get playoffs next year. Yes it will be tough but bit of added quality to this group we got and tbh we want be far away so hope that clears up your speculation we're selling badges next week for lads pot so please look to buy them only £2 quid just says IAm THE LAW lol

*** Edited by Mod!

Any more of that and it's a (yellowcard) regardless of who you are!! :mrgreen:

Best post ever! :clap: - thanks for keeping us informed Gaz.
Worst yellow card ever! - should be rescinded.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 5:52 pm 

I am the Law

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12 2019 8:21 pm 

No Manager worth his salt would work under the conditions that OWNAFC wanted to impose.

Nicky Eaden and Gary Hayward are the Law,
Stuart Harvey won't fool around no more.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13 2019 12:27 pm 

Whats the latest?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14 2019 7:27 pm 

Latest News: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/03/consortium-call-on-pitmen-fans-to-turn-out-in-numbers