It is currently Sat Oct 16 2021 12:58 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Hitchin Town (H)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07 2021 6:12 pm 

Hitchin Town (H)

Match scheduled for Saturday 09 October - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website: https://hitchintownfc.club/

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/stadium

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

Post subject: Re: Hitchin Town (H)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08 2021 5:01 pm 

Gutted to be missing this one but unfortunately family commitments do have to come first sometimes. Still, I’ve been able to get to 8 out of the 10 league games so far so not complaining…

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08 2021 5:22 pm 

Nor me, the North Wales Coast beckons.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 3:52 pm 

A pedestrian first half against limited opponents. We had a decent first ten minutes but then went into our shell. Flanagan is playing too deep unless he moves higher up the pitch and we commit numbers we will lose this game.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 4:54 pm 

PITMEN 2 - 2 HITCHIN TOWN

Full Time Scores
Needham Market 1v1 Redditch
Alvechurch 2v0 Leiston
Banbury 1v0 Nuneaton (red card)
Biggleswade Town 7v0 Barwell (red card)
Hednesford 2v2 Hitchin
Lowestoft 2v1 Bromsgrove
Rushall 1v2 Tamworth
St. Ives 1v7 Royston
Stourbridge 1v1 AFC Rushden & Diamonds
Stratford (red card) 2v5 Peterborough Sports

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 6:22 pm 

post-match

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 6:49 pm 

I actually came away relatively happy with the fight and spirit today. We had limited options on the bench and Hitchin were quite positive - unlike some teams that have visited us this season.
The first half was similar to last week. Flanagan was sitting far too deep to be effective and the ball was moved very slowly.
CLearly KMR is frustrated and he shares the view that we are too ponderous. Whilst he wants us to play high tempo football and to move the ball around quickly it is hard to do this consistently for 90 minutes and you need the players to do it.
Both goals that we conceded were sloppy and Hitchin were quite lively at times and could easily have scored a third. We looked uncertain at times in defence and Bailey was once again the fall guy when it could easily have been Rowley who was hooked. I don't know how long Ben will stay with us, but he deserves better as his confidence is being knocked.

The second half was much better as we showed purpose and ambition. Lycett made a conscious decision to provide the overlap on the left and put in a wonderful cross for Landell to finish with aplomb. I thought Master, Landell, Lycett and Ison were excellent today. Master is direct and is prepared to shoot. He will definitely improve us.
Landell scored a fine goal and showed great composure to set himself up for 'that chance', but he decided to go for power when a pass into the net would have done the job.

Credit to Hitchin for making the second half a real spectacle and not shutting up shop and settling for a draw after our first equaliser.

What did strike me today was that when someone made a mistake they would chase back and try to rectify the error. THis is a great sign and well done to the lads for showing the right attitude.

KMR sounds deflated, but he shouldn't be too down after today. I do think once Pryce returns we will be much more solid and we can then use the pace of Lycett and Master to great effect. Master could play down the middle whilst we look for a replacement for Styche.

We have two games coming up where six points is a must. After that we have a tough run of games, but I do think that we can pick points up from those games and stay in touch with the front runners. KMR wants the play-offs, but I think that is a stretch. We are a big improvement on the last couple of truncated seasons - we are making progress and that is a positive.

Good to see a lot of people there today. Hopefully they will return for the Redditch game.

Finally, I was hoping that the club would have marked Les Youll's passing today and was disappointed that it didn't. A chance to rectify matters in 10 days time!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 7:00 pm 

Official (crows) and other results here:

https://southern-football-league.co.uk/ ... 20Central/

Don't worry. Mt 6:25-34

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09 2021 7:01 pm 

The management team keep bemoaning that we are not being good enough ‘in both boxes’ but we see no improvements. Without wishing to sound too harsh.. you put the squad together gents, you fix the issues, rather than keep bleating about it on camera week after week. There’s talk of needing to be ruthless on the pitch - maybe it’s time to be ruthless off it and move the average performers on who aren’t good enough ‘in both boxes’?

Anyway, back to the game… a good old Jekyll and Hyde ninety minutes again - very similar in tone to the Barwell game, where we were dreadful in the first half but deserving of the point in the second. Hitchin, like others before them, looked like they’d come for the point but took full advantage of our faffing about again to take the lead. We looked laboured, out of ideas and, yes, again lacking a striker. I counted three crosses into the box the first half that there was no man in white within ten yards of the ball. Why play two wide players if you’re supplying crosses to the invisible man? All very miserable at the break around KP

Much better again after half time and a quick, direct break down the left from Lycett supplied Landell with a simple finish. At this point you’re thinking ‘we should go on and win this’ but the second Hitchin goal was yet more poor defending, standing off players and letting them run. Fair play to the lads for chipping away once more and Ison’s header was a well-deserved leveller

Lycett man of the match with Ison a close second - I would imagine that Lycett is starting to attract interest from bigger clubs as his recent performances are setting him apart from some of his more inconsistent team-mates around him. Master showed some nice touches but lacked a final ball, ditto Tilt on the other side. I’d have been tempted to switch the pair over at 2-2 and give the Hitchin full-backs a different proposition in the final twenty minutes

Hitchin were no frills but spirited and will be happy with a point, but any aspirational team should be looking to beat this kind of side. Hopefully, we can use this ten-day break to get a few bodies back/bring some fresh blood in for Redditch a week on Tuesday; after seeing the Peterborough result today I’m kind of happy we don’t have to play them now next week as it could have been a bloodbath with some of our play today!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10 2021 12:44 pm 

highlights

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11 2021 8:31 am 

Match report here: https://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2021/1 ... tchin-town

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12 2021 12:17 pm 

behind the scenes