It is currently Mon Sep 16 2019 9:11 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 2:02 pm 

Lowestoft Town (H)

Match scheduled for Saturday 10 August - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website: https://www.lowestofttownfc.co.uk/

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 4:22 pm 

Who's going to have a go at predicting the team.

Ok, I'll go first

K Wells, Glover
Elliott, Scott, Truslove, B Wells
O'Hanlon, Bailey, Morris, Curley
Platt

Subs:
Hurst, Gatter, Hallahan, Daniels, Evans

I couldn't even find a place for Abadaki or Griffiths on the bench, but that may be solved if O'Hanlon hasn't recovered from his broken toe.

I've only been to one friendly so I haven't really got a clue. This is my prediction of Gaz's selection, although I would have Gatter as a starter and I might squeeze Evans in there too.
I know this is pointless but it's all a bit of fun at the most!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 4:31 pm 

Quote:

Ok, I'll go first

K Wells, Glover
Platt

Subs:

I couldn't even find a place for Abadaki on the bench, but that may be solved if O'Hanlon hasn't recovered from his broken toe.

I've only been to one friendly so I haven't really got a clue. This is my prediction of Gaz's selection, although I would have Gatter as a starter.
Rather answered your own question there! :roll: :twisted:

Right, let's get one thing straight. When you're writing (or typing) out a football team, you start at GK then move from right to left, (or you number them from 1 to 11) hence:

Banks
Cohen, Charlton J, Moore, Wilson
Ball, Stiles, Peters
Charton R
Hurst, Hunt

Young whippersnappers

:roll: :twisted: :-D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 5:34 pm 

and what wrong with lee way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 5:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:

Ok, I'll go first

K Wells, Glover
Platt

Subs:

I couldn't even find a place for Abadaki on the bench, but that may be solved if O'Hanlon hasn't recovered from his broken toe.

I've only been to one friendly so I haven't really got a clue. This is my prediction of Gaz's selection, although I would have Gatter as a starter.
Rather answered your own question there! :roll: :twisted:

Right, let's get one thing straight. When you're writing (or typing) out a football team, you start at GK then move from right to left, (or you number them from 1 to 11) hence:

Banks
Cohen, Charlton J, Moore, Wilson
Ball, Stiles, Peters
Charton R
Hurst, Hunt

Young whippersnappers

:roll: :twisted: :-D
I haven't seen any press releases with the signings of any of those players except Hurst...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 5:46 pm 

Quote:
and what wrong with lee way :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Quite right Bry!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 5:55 pm 

Image to all posters above except Steve-k ..... taking the subject way off topic!

I intend to be much harder and firmer this season!! Image

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 5:58 pm 

Quote:
Image to all posters above except Steve-k ..... taking the subject way off topic!

I intend to be much harder and firmer this season!! Image
How is predicting the team for the match that this thread is about going off topic?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08 2019 8:51 pm 

Quote:
How is predicting the team for the match that this thread is about going off topic?
... Steve-k and you then!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09 2019 7:49 am 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/08 ... oft-town-h

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09 2019 12:02 pm 

I’ve been waiting for this day for what seems ages but really looking forward to it.
My team for this match would be
Platt Curley Gatter Bailey Griffiths Evans Daniels Hurst Scott Nachie Wells and Danny Glover
With high winds forecast it could be tricky playing conditions so I reckon we’ll just scrape home in a high scoring 4-3 game!

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09 2019 10:28 pm 

Right then.
Platt
Curley Bailey Morris O'Hanlon
Scott Elliott Truslove Evans
Wells K Wells B

Ezewale, Glover, Hallahan, Griffiths, Abadaki.

I'm not sure this is right...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 9:14 am 

Lowestoft manager Jamie Godbold in confident mood ahead of the trip to KP:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft ... -1-6207121

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 9:46 am 

Who's excited?

I am!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 10:50 am 

Quote:
Lowestoft manager Jamie Godbold in confident mood ahead of the trip to KP:

https://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/lowestoft ... -1-6207121
That may well say the same as this!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 11:06 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 12:27 pm 

Any recommendations for alternative parking in case we miss the boat?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 2:17 pm 

Quote:
Any recommendations for alternative parking in case we miss the boat?
Is it that wet ooop north? :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 6:13 pm 

Great to see so many people in the ground today. If we continue to draw (crows) like that thenthe club will be in a much better place.
The pitch looked superb and the ground looked very smart.

At the end of the season we will know whether this was a decent win or something much more impressive. I though that this was the proverbial game of two halves. We missed some very presentable chances in the first half and then proceeded to switch off in defence which led to their penalty.
Second half saw us very much on the back foot and we were made to suffer nearly every time our visitors won a corner. This doesn’t bode well for the season ahead.
A win is a win , but Lowestoft did enough to earn a point in my view.
On the plus side, platt looks an excellent shot stopper and our number 8 (sorry I’m still learning the names) looked a good player.
Many others were off the pace today, but if that is us on an off day then perhaps there is reason for optimism.
Two very tough away games coming up and these will give more indication of what the season has in store for us.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 6:30 pm 

a tad lucky today we played well in the first half should of been 3 up second half they got there act together much better but we kept going rode our luck and got the result we will have to be a lot better tuesday its big learning curve well done lads a good result :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 6:55 pm 

We were the better side in the first half and could have gone in at HT four goals up but we missed too many chances. The football was nice and we looked good. We have midfielders who are composed on the ball and we will give someone a hiding I'm sure along the way.
Second half Lowestoft were on top and we were thankful to Platt for a number of saves and them hitting the bar. Their guy who missed when he robbed Ben won't want to see that again. Unless the law has changed (and it may well have) Lowestoft should have been reduced to ten men in the first half as Bradley was brought down when presented with a clear goalscoring opportunity but the referee was poor all game, including giving them a free kick after he had allowed them the advantage. They continued and shot wide yet he still brought it back. Surely it's a free kick or the advantage, he can't be giving both? Also on countless occasions when he told their throwers to go back yet then allowed them to run and throw from the original position anyway.
As for the players, Platt was excellent apart from his error to give them possession for their goal, Curley and O'Hanlon were sound, Bailey's distribution was poor apart from his throws but defended well apart from one slip, and Morris was ok but he has little pace and that really concerns me. He will have to read the game really well or we could be in trouble.
We have some good ballplayers in midfield I just hope we have enough steel. Hallahan and Elliott both showed glimpses of class with the ball and Hallahan did well with his goal. Scott was ok and I'm not sure why Daniels started the game. He didn't get into the game at all and having only just signed he should have started on the bench. He played like he didn't know the players and he probably doesn't. If he'd have been training with us we'd have seen him in the friendlies. K Wells put his usual effort in but didn't get much joy and B Wells played well and used his head to win the penalty. The foul started outside the box and continued into the box when he went down - very clever.
The subs did not have a lot of time to make a great impact as Lowestoft were on top second half but Danny scored the penalty, Gatter defended well in the limited time he had and Evans didn't get much of a look in.
We have plenty to work on, but plenty of positive signs too but we got the three points and that's all that really matters at this stage. MOTM: Platt. Well done all!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 7:04 pm 

Daniel Platt Post-match interview

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10 2019 8:12 pm 

I agree with everything that Platty said in terms of the game and how it went. We must have watched the same game!
The only thing I might disagree with is their penalty. It looked a penalty to me when I saw it today, I'm undecided at the moment having seen the brief clip on that interview, I think Tom might have lifted his leg to leg him up rather than their player falling over it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 2019 8:23 am 

Quote:
I agree with everything that Platty said in terms of the game and how it went. We must have watched the same game!
The only thing I might disagree with is their penalty. It looked a penalty to me when I saw it today, I'm undecided at the moment having seen the brief clip on that interview, I think Tom might have lifted his leg to leg him up rather than their player falling over it.
If you watch in YouTube, 0.25 speed, a leg does go up momentarily but appears to be outside the area. In super slow motion it does appear we were hard done by.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11 2019 9:57 am 

Regarding the highlights you may have seen that they were uploaded earlier today. Well that was my mistake, as I forgot that Gaz has instructed me not to upload them until Tuesday. He basically doesn’t want to give Coalville town much time to watch the highlights and study our weakness during thins game

I would ask you to please respect Gaz’s wishes. But I will uploaded Inside : The PRG Stadium tomorrow Hednesford Town fans so you will have a new video coming.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards
Dan