It is currently Wed Oct 23 2019 8:22 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28 2019 8:00 am 

Needham Market (H)

Match scheduled for Saturday 31 August - kick-off time: 15:00

Link to opponents official website: https://www.needhammarketfc.co.uk/

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29 2019 6:17 pm 

Match preview here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/08 ... m-market-h

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30 2019 3:44 pm 

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 5:28 pm 

Disappointing game after recent performances against a very average team, although they defended well, they did first half what we didn't do all game have a shot on target

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 5:42 pm 

That was a very poor game played by two very poor sides. We were very sloppy at times and lacked the guile and ability to move the ball at pace that is needed to break teams down.
Our better players were defenders which I guess applies to our opponents too.
The main talking point was Wells getting kicked in the face as he headed the ball. Surely that’s a penalty?! As usual the officials bottled it.
I think the game continues to pass some of our midfielders by. We are generally too lightweight. Kingy came on and showed them how to do it. He was the best player on the pitch after he came on and should start games from now on.
Disappointing is an understatement. On the evidence of what I’ve seen this league is much weaker than the NPL.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 5:48 pm 

Well we just have to move on, just a point why was Gatter left out, never change a winning team, unless he is injured ?
We still end the month in the top five, we would have taken that at the start of the season UTP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 5:51 pm 

Quote:
That was a very poor game played by two very poor sides. We were very sloppy at times and lacked the guile and ability to move the ball at pace that is needed to break teams down.
Our better players were defenders which I guess applies to our opponents too.
The main talking point was Wells getting kicked in the face as he headed the ball. Surely that’s a penalty?! As usual the officials bottled it.
I think the game continues to pass some of our midfielders by. We are generally too lightweight. Kingy came on and showed them how to do it. He was the best player on the pitch after he came on and should start games from now on.
Disappointing is an understatement. On the evidence of what I’ve seen this league is much weaker than the NPL.
on the day we were a poor side, but you don't beat Stourbridge and Tamworth away by being a poor side ?. yes it was a penalty, any other place on the park is a free kick,told you the officials at this level are t0$$ers

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 6:00 pm 

It's great to see you being positive for a change sheriff!

Nothing went right for us today and we had too many players off form. Needham Market may have been poor but they got the goal early and played a good game to keep us at bay. We won't win every game so we just need to make sure we react in the right way and put it right next time. MOTM Griffiths.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 6:01 pm 

Quote:
Well we just have to move on, just a point why was Gatter left out, never change a winning team, unless he is injured ?
We still end the month in the top five, we would have taken that at the start of the season UTP
It could be argued that we didn't change a winning team, as when Truslove came on for Gatter at Tamworth it was still 0-0...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 6:04 pm 

Well at least my comments can be short today,I can sum up our performance in two simple words

“UTTER DROSS”

And into the bargain we hear that young Evans a really talented midfielder has been allowed to sign for Barwell and we had to suffer Truslove quite unbelievable.
The question has to be asked why do we keep banging on about academy teams and have them playing regularly on the pitch when we let such a promising youngster go,is there any sort of policy,plan at this club?
I’m really struggling to find anything good to say,the hoof returned and good football was at a premium.
Needham were an organised side and after scoring simply shut up shop and we hadn’t a clue on how to break them down.
No craft in midfield ,no ideas at all.
King did come on and managed to liven things up a little but to no avail.
Why Truslove replaced Gatter I don’t know.
Well I doubt it can get any worse.
No man of the match.
Officials average at best
Supporters frustrated and eventually angry after such a good show on Monday.
Hey off to Lutterworth and has the vicar said to his congregation “Let us pray”

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 9:10 pm 

Poor game today. We didn't play well and neither did they but their only shot on target went in.

Should have been a penalty when Kieron got kicked in the gob but the Ref didn't see it.

The other results generally went in our favour, it's a strange league, let's see what happens.

On the bright side, Stafford lost again and are bottom of the NPL :-D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 10:16 pm 

Whatever you say about the midfield, it is true to say that they are all very similar types of player. I said last Saturday that Gatter made a big difference when he came on and the same was true of King today.
I don’t think you can play a midfield without either Gatter or King in it as both can break play up. Truslove, Scott, Elliot et al are not capable of that. I think King should start regularly as he will make a big impact for us this season.
I wasn’t sure about our tactics in the first half. We seemed to have a front three of Wells, Glover and Abadaki and all three spent most of the half isolated from each other. Glover and Wells need to work together as a pair.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31 2019 10:39 pm 

We're not getting the best out of Kieran at the moment. The last two games he has played on the left side of a front three and it's not doing him or us any good.
I think we should go back to a 442 with K Wells and Glover up front, B Wells or Reid and Abadaki on either side of midfield attacking down the flanks, King as the defensive midfielder and Elliott as an attacking one. Get back to playing sexy football and see the goals stack up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01 2019 8:18 am 

Yesterday sounds like a bad day at the office .. from all the updates I received via various sources it sounded as though Bailey was the only player who seemed likely to score!
That says it all I think. :think:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01 2019 8:28 am 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/08 ... m-market-1

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01 2019 9:03 am 

Highlights

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01 2019 2:37 pm 

Quote:
Yesterday sounds like a bad day at the office .. from all the updates I received via various sources it sounded as though Bailey was the only player who seemed likely to score!
There was nothing wrong at the office - I got my daughter a home shirt and Cath and Carol had it running very smoothly :-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01 2019 4:45 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
There was nothing wrong at the office - I got my daughter a home shirt and Cath and Carol had it running very smoothly :-)
Doh .. I was speaking meta-wotsitly! :mrgreen:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02 2019 1:27 pm 

Inside The PRG Stadium