It is currently Tue Apr 07 2020 8:24 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16 2019 9:41 am 

Banbury United (H)

Match scheduled for Tuesday 17 September - kick-off time: 19:45

Link to opponents official website: https://www.banburyunitedfc.co.uk/

We extend a warm welcome to first-time visitors and/or away fans, here's what you need to know about Keys Park

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/firstvisit

http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/keyspark

We hope you enjoy your visit to Keys Park and we wish you safe journeys to and from the ground.

Local weather forecasts can be found here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2653883

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weat ... /gcqe9zm6y

Live updates will normally be available via the HTFC Twitter page at

https://mobile.twitter.com/Hednesford_Town

Please post match reviews on this thread only - duplicate threads will be locked or deleted

Enjoy the game!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 9:48 pm 

PITMEN 2 - 0 BANBURY UNITED

HTFCSA 'Supporter of the Year' 2014
HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 9:59 pm 

Their manager (Mike Ford) was interviewed after the game .. a shame he had to run down our win - "can't understand why their players are celebrating in the dressing room as it's only September, we don't play football he could watch each week, we turned the game into a physical one."

All in all he sounds like a right muppet! (muppet)

Meanwhile Gaz came on after him and was full of praise for both sides but said Banbury could pass the ball around all day and would never get in. We didn't let them have a shot in the 2nd half whereas we had plenty! We are singing because it's good for moral .... well done Gaz.

:clap: :clap:

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 10:24 pm 

Absolutely.

5 clean sheets in the last 6 in the league (6 in 7 in all competitions) is splendid.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

Banbury were very bright in the first half, great 1 on 1 save from Platty, but they did absolutely nothing bar give Bails and Morris heading practice in the second.

Other than kicking, throwing and coming off his line their keeper was superb.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 10:42 pm 

Mr Ford would do well to reflect on the fact that Banbury were very pretty in their own half. If my team had a free kick on the half way line, then proceed to concede a penalty within ten seconds having not moved the ball forwards once, then I would be very unhappy. That isn’t the kind of football I want to watch.
If he were coaching Manchester City I could understand it. The simple fact is Banbury had no plan B and were well beaten by a side that showed tremendous discipline, determination and organisation. Tonight we showed that we can adapt and be flexible. Platt had probably his easiest game of the season.
If Banbury are to be a success then they need similar flexibility and clearly they don’t have the players to play the kind of game they tried to play.
I’m really proud of the lads tonight as they stuck to their task really well and didn’t panic when Banbury had the ball.
Ford should praise our game as we showed great spirit and intelligence. These two facets were missing from our opponents game.
Elliot was my man of the match as he worked hard, but also showed intelligence in his decision making, but everyone was7 out of 10.
Well done lads!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17 2019 10:45 pm 

Walking around the ground before the start it looked like a disappointing crowd but there again most of the nursing homes in Hednesford lock up at seven o’clock!
There was real pace to the game right from the start and Banbury looked a useful side playing the ball around on the deck and causing us problems.
However we held firm and even went close when a far post header appeared to cross the line but the officials would have none of it.
Banbury were particularly dangerous with quick runs from the deep and nearly scored when a player was clean thru only to see Platt make a great save from a close range shot.
Shortly after we took the lead when Elliot was running thru in the penalty box to be brought down by the keeper.
Hurst obliged.
Banbury were forced to substitute there number eight who was injured,he had been particularly instrumental in making some very intelligent passes.
The half time discussion centred around scores at other games with Rushall winning and Stourbridge in trouble at Nuneaton.
We looked comfortable throughout the second half and eventually put the game to bed when a ball over the top found Glover clear who rounded the keeper to score.
Bailey then went close with a thirty yard pile driver.
At the final whistle we quickly learnt that other results had gone our way and we were top!
Man of the Match Griffiths who not only played left back but worked up and down the defensive line and with his pace was able to pick up runners from deep.
Officials Best described has dodgy.
Supporters right behind the team from the start with loud chanting from the Wimblebury terrace.
So onto Saturday and the biggest match of the season the FA cup against Barwell who lost at home to Tamworth tonight.
This should draw a big gate and create an intimidating atmosphere.

Frederick Rinder

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 8:59 am 

Quote:
Their manager (Mike Ford) was interviewed after the game .. a shame he had to run down our win - "can't understand why their players are celebrating in the dressing room as it's only September..."

All in all he sounds like a right muppet! (muppet)
I wonder what on earth he means...

:twisted: :-D :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 9:29 am 

What was it with Banbury using squad numbers instead of starting with 1-11?
14, 15 and 16 all started the game and then 9 (who looked like Jimmy Carr) came on as sub.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 9:35 am 

Good result ,the only disappointment for me was Abadaki was playing far to deep and when he had the ball he run rings round their defence,felt sorry for Kieran he had no service and was a little frustrated but a win is a win top of the league UTP

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 9:49 am 

Quote:
What was it with Banbury using squad numbers instead of starting with 1-11?
14, 15 and 16 all started the game and then 9 (who looked like Jimmy Carr) came on as sub.
Probably modelling themselves on other Premier Leagues in mainland Britain

;) :twisted:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 12:07 pm 

Match report here: http://www.hednesfordtownfc.com/2019/09 ... ury-united

HTFCSA #2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 12:26 pm 

Highlights

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 12:54 pm 

James Hurst post match interview

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 4:22 pm 

Junior Pitmanchester on Kieran leaving the pitch at the end: "Imagine a kid was watching this, learning things they shouldn't know. Well, one is." It's all part of a rounded education. Nobody ever swears in Manchester.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18 2019 4:39 pm 

Thanks Dan as ever for the highlights.

Banbury knocking the ball about at the back, it's just like watching Arsenal....

:twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19 2019 8:15 am 

It's been five years since we were 'top of the pile', it has been a long, frustrating period for Pitmen supporters.
I trust that everyone is enjoying watching the current crop of players as much as I am, we have some great lads in this team, a terrific team spirit and the gaffer, Gaz Hayward, is a wily old fox :bow:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19 2019 11:08 am 

I was thinking mid table before the season started but I have seen nothing to worry us ,hopefully top five finish as long as we don't have to many injuries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19 2019 11:39 am 

Inside The PRG Stadium